KTY's Nightmare

KTY's
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

April 04, 2014 | 9:00 AM KST

"Okay girls. Let's take a break. I’ll give you one hour!" Our dance choreographer shouted. Different voices filled the practice room. Tired bodies slumped on the floor, others on the wall.

"Finally! I'm so hungry." Choi Sooyoung complained.

"Manager Oppa is on his way now Unnie. With our breakfast!" Im Yoona announced as she checked her phone.

"Asa! Seriously, what's with so early practice today?" Kim Hyoyeon chimed in.

"Our first set of tour is coming Unnie. We need to be familiar with the steps." Seo Juhyun answered and handed us bottles of water.

"Can this room be cooler? Gosh it's so hot." Jessica Jung Sooyeon with her none ending complains. 

"Too many steps and lyrics to memorize. Can we really do it?" Kwon Yuri who just came from the rest room joined us. 

"Until now? You have the same problem? How long we've been doing this?" Sunny Lee Soonkyu answered without leaving her eyes on lyrics of our new songs in a crumpled paper.

"Still it's not easy. New tour with almost new set list. I hope we can still pull our best on this." Yuri drag a chair and sit next to Maknae.

"Of course we can. We're Girls' Generation remember?" A confident voice echoed the room. A beautiful face with a smiling eyes joined the conversation.

"See? That's the spirit!" Soonkyu agreed.

"Girls! Breakfast!" Manager Oppa barged in, both hands full with bags of foods.

Chaos came next.

***

"Yah Taeng! Aren't you hungry?" Yuri called. All of my members eating at the end of the room and here I am. Sitting at the far end. Back on the mirror, legs spread wide and watching them.

"I'm okay." I answered. Pair of eyes caught my attention. Just beside Yuri, a set of eyes observing me. No, watching. I quickly avoid her stares and look down, played on my phone.

"Hey." I heard and a person sit next to me. "Take this. You didn't eat before we headed here." A plate of food place on my lap. "I'm not hungry." I said.

"Taetae." She called. "I said, I'm not hungry Tiffany. I will when I feel like eating. Okay?" I looked up and welcomed by a sight, I hated the most. "Okay." She stand up, with the plate of food and leave me, alone. Her eyes, sad beautiful eyes, linger my mind.

I looked up, until the ceiling came on my sight. I breathe, more like sighing. I put my favorite pair of earphones on my ear and close my eyes.

***

"Is Tae Unnie okay?" Juhyun worriedly asked. "I don't know." Stephanie Hwang Miyoung sad voice replies. "We should talk to her. I don't want to see her like that." Yuri utter.

"I don't think we should." Jessica's voice silent the rest. "Sica Unnie? What do you mean?" Yoona asked, confused. "Jessica is right. Taengoo will tell us whatever things bothering her, when she's ready." Sunny agreed.

"But we should at least talked to her. I can't stand watching her like this." Sooyoung stated. "And there I thought she's opening with us." Hyoyeon shook her head. "She is." Tiffany depended.

"Yes she is. Let's give her time. I'm sure she will let us know it soon. It's not like, it's new. Taeyeon is the saddest when she's sad. The happiest when she's happy. Let her be. She wants to be alone, give that to her." Jessica added.

"But I'm worried Unnie. She's been quiet for a long time now. And we don't have any idea why." Juhyun don't want to stop. "Maknae is right. She's been like this. Do you think those scandals still affect her?" Sunny continue. 

"I think she is. She's started to act different, when the news of us dating first came out." Sooyoung agreed. "I don't think that's the only thing that make her act like this. Even before the management told us, she's acting strange and it just look worsen, when it's revealed." Yuri honestly said.

"Are you sure you don't know what's happening with Tae, Fany?" Hyoyeon asked. 

"I... I don't know." A soft answered. "And with this news coming out. I'm more worried for Taeyeon Unnie." Yoona added. 

"Hey. Don't be. We are on this together." Sunny patted Yoona's back, reassuring. "Guys, do you think people will buy this upcoming news?" Hyoyeon asked. 

"I hope they will. I don't want to hear anymore rumors of us bullying one member, worst resulting in committing a suicide. That's insane, you know." Jessica said in anger. 

"Me too. I hate Jay Oppa for making our break up this big. Seriously? He had that courage of filing complains of me in the police? Crazy." Hyoyeon said in frustrations. "Unnie. Don't worry. Truth will come out later." Juhyun said.

"Sorry Fany for dragging you on this." Hyoyeon apologized. "Hey, no need to apologize. I agree on this remember? Besides it's for the best. I'm sure, each of you will do the same, right? Let's hope my news will have a bigger impact and get to transfer all the media's attention from your issue's Hyo." Tiffany said.

"I'm sure it will. When I first heard of management's suggestions. I was shocked too, what more the public. It's like admitting a long speculations between you and Nichkhun Oppa's relationship. It will be a big hit." Yuri added. "I think it's also the right time for the both of you to come out. It's been what? Almost five years being together? It's due already Unnie." Yoona continued.

"Yeah... it's the right time." Tiffany answered.

"Anyways what time it will come out?" Jessica asked. "10 AM. In less than 15 minutes. This is it. Let's pray for the best!" Hyoyeon said, nervous.

A sudden rush of emotions filled my chest, I tighten my grip on my phone. I wanted to laugh, the great Kim Taeyeon's laugh. Why I wouldn't?  I heard everything they've been saying from the start. I drowned myself on the own humming of song in my mind that I didn't realize, I didn't open any music app on my phone.

I just notice it, when my brain stops from playing a sweet music, as I heard my name mentioned from the other end of the room. Since then, I avert myself from moving, continue my act of sleeping. Gritted my teeth with every words I hear. Bite the corner of my mouth, every time my chest tighten as I heard one particular voice.

'It's the right time.' Her words echoed inside my head. Replacing the sweet song I keep trying to listen.

***

I open one eye. And glance on a digital clock placed, just perfectly in line with my view. 

9:55 a.m. It says. I close my eyes again.

I still have five minutes. Long enough to think back those beautiful memories, I had in the past. Just like in movies. Flashes of images filled the darkness in front of eyes.

Laughter’s, sweet words, and two voice singing started to play as a sweet music in my ears. Short clips of memories blind my view this time. Like a short compilations of my life in a music video, close to what our fans always loved to made.

Like in any other video. There always a main cast. The actors or actresses. A sweet music cue on its start. As two young girl happily, walking together. Laughing, smiling and, hands holding each other.

Another clip was showed, the songs replaced with a catchy beats as the same girls, now a little older, sing and dance with seven other girls.

And like the rest, it soon came to an end. As nine pair of hands hold each other's hands lovingly, and together bow in front of many people who keep on cheering their names. 

A short but memorable face of a beautiful girl, with a crescent eyes, smiling to another girl, with a dorky grin and chin dimpled smile, ends it.

Another set of memories played. Happier, intimate yet more memorable. A kiss given to a shocked girl. A sweet words uttered romantically. Unforgettable moments is added. Two bodies became one, as their hearts do. Promises made. Love showed. Bonds became stronger. Problems bigger came. As two hands intertwined together. 

One voice called, one is too far to hear, yet both hands still intact. Another pull made, another helpless plea. But darkness came as a hand of a man appear in sight. Pulling.

***

My body jolted. Breathing became faster. My both eyes shut open, wide. A clench on my chest tighten, didn't notice that I been holding it for a while. Eight pair of eyes notice me. I ignored them. 

9:58 a.m. Two more minutes. I still have time. I snorted. 

I still have time to call her mine. I chuckled. 

So this is it? I guess it is. I softly laugh.

After all these years, full of firsts, full of friendships, hardships, dreams, hard work, fulfillment, full of happiness yet sometimes sadness, years of togetherness, years of ‘us’ until there's them, years between you and me.

After all of those years we've been together. Things we've gone through. Friendship we shared. Love we gave. Ah, after all of that, the right time comes.

It's the right time now, just like what you said.

The time comes when 'us' should be forgotten.

It's time for us to face the reality.  Reality that since the very beginning refuse to recognize 'us'.

I still have time when 'us' still exist, later it will became, existed.

That's right. Now I can say 'You and I' because later it should be you and me. You, and, me, it can't be called together in one word, with one meaning. Because we're no longer 'us'.

Later, we no longer belong to each other. You no longer belong to me. How sad.

A little while more.

***

Is it over now? I blink my eyes. As fast as I can and closed again.

9:59 a.m. How sad, not yet. At least one last minute. Last 60 seconds. 

Where I am again? Ah. You and I. 

Remember the first time

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter