six

Lets waste time chasing cars

 

Baekhyun spent a good fifteen minutes in front of his dressing mirror before stepping out of his apartment. He was supposed to meet Jongin at the cute Italian joint on campus and he was getting late. He had wanted to look good but not come across as trying too hard, so he settled for his varsity jacket over a fitted white tee and his black, ripped, skinny jeans. The chill of the fall breeze greets him as he leaves the building.  He walks three blocks to his right when he spots the restaurant.

 

There is a decent amount of people so Baekhyun has to scan the crowd for a familiar face. Jongin is seated at the far right corner by the window with a grin plastered on his face.

“Yo!” Jongin smiles at Baekhyun. “I thought you were going to stand me up.”

“Sorry, I had a killer hangover. I almost didn’t make it.”

“Well, you’re here now! What do you feel like having?”

They’re done ordering and Baekhyun takes a good look at Jongin. His perfectly defined jaw-line, his lean physique, his almost caramel skin and that face, Jongin was definitely sculpted by the Gods. A blush creeps on Baekhyun’s cheeks as he realizes how blatantly he was ogling at Jongin and he almost chokes on his soda when he sees Jongin staring back at him.

“I’m sorry for yesterday, I was going to follow you but Yeol kind of shoved me aside saying that I’d corrupt you and went instead. That jerk!”

The mere mention of Chanyeol makes Baekhyun feel like his gut is twisting. Okay, so he probably shouldn’t be running away from his feelings and using Jongin as a scapegoat. Using Jongin would make him a horrible person and Baekhyun doesn’t want to be that. Baekhyun mentally groans, he thought that he had set his mind but now he feels like he’s taking two steps back. Ughhh…why did he have to be such a good person?

“About that…I’m sorry to have given you the wrong idea but it was mainly the whiskey, so do you want to start as friends? We’ll see where it goes from there.”

“Wow, you’re really honest” Jongin smirks, “but sure, lets see how interesting things turn out, shall we?”

 Oh my god did he just wink? Baekhyun wonders how Jongin can go from y to cute to super sleazy in a matter of seconds.

 

Dinner goes by smoothly and the two emerge as new best friends. Who knew how much the two of them had in common? Baekhyun thinks that Jongin is super easy to get along with and he’s glad that he decided to meet up with him.   

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T^T This is so short...please forgive me!