five

Lets waste time chasing cars

He woke up to the sound of ‘Mr. Mr.’ blasting from his phone (yes, he was a hard-core Sone) and the pungent smell of alcohol evaporating from his pores. His head felt like it had been through hell and back. Who the was calling him at this time? What time was it anyway?

"Speak.” he groaned

"Did you get home okay? Chanyeol said that you were gone when he went to get you"

Oh ...this is why whiskey and feelings are a no, no.

"Yeahhh...I survived"

"Why were you trying so hard to hook up with Jongin? I’m not an idiot you know...you still like Chanyeol"

"Lets not talk about it Soo...I have a massive headache right now". He really didn't want to talk to anyone right now.

"I'll come over with food" Ughhh how could he say no to food? ?

 

 

Kyungsoo is at his door in less than half an hour and Baekhyun has to drag himself out of bed using every last bit of energy he had left.

 

“Eww you reek!”

 I love you too, Soo.

 

“Anyway, why did you leave so early? It got really awkward after you left”.

“I had too much to drink and I was honestly hoping for a quick hook-up with that Jongin”, Baekhyun playfully winks at Kyungsoo.

“Jongin? But what about Chanyeol?”

“He’s clearly not interested okay, I’ve moved on now.”

Kyungsoo scoffs and rolls his eyes, “Of course you have”

“I haveee~ why should I waste anymore time on him when there are so many other guys who are willing to give me a chance?”

Baekhyun really didn’t feel like going over this. He just couldn’t deal with thinking about Chanyeol right now, not when his head felt like it had been split into two.

“Soo…just gimme the food, I’m famished!”

“Go take a shower or something, I have to meet with my econ professor so I’m off.”

 

After finishing his meal, Baekhyun goes back to lying on his bed. The food definitely helped make him feel a bit better. He’s scrolling through his phone when he sees the message notifications.

4 new messages

“Wow! Was Soo really THAT worried about me?”

From: Soo

It’s so awkward…thanks for ditchin’ you asshat!

 

From: Chanyeol (//∇//)

Hey…I hope you got home okay. I could have walked you back…

 

From: Chanyeol (//∇//)

Did I say something to upset you? You just sorta ran…

 

From: Chanyeol (//∇//)

I really hope you’re not mad at me…or was it Jongin? Anyway…goodnight. I hope you feel better

 

From: Unknown Number

Hey it’s Jongin. R u free later? I was kinda hoping we cud continue where we left off…wanna grab dinner?

 

Baekhyun didn’t know what to feel…he had decided to move on and get over Chanyeol, but why was Chanyeol making it so hard? Why did he have to be so kind and…perfect? If he continued being this nice, Baekhyun might just think that he had a chance. Which he doesn’t because Chanyeol wants Soo and Baekhyun doesn’t deserve him. Gahhh these feelings are just so frustrating! Why is everything so ing complicated?

 

To: Chanyeol (//∇//)

Hey…I’m fine, just hung over. I’m not mad. I’m sorry for last night. Hope you all had fun. Bye.

 

From: Chanyeol (//∇//)

Oh! I’m so relieved. I thought I might have done something. Do you want to hang out later?

 

From: Chanyeol (//∇//)

Bring Kyungsoo too

 

There it was again, the sharp pang in his chest. He tried to brush off the feeling but it wouldn’t budge.

 

To: Jongin

I would like that. Dinner sounds good. Lets meet at 7?

 

Jongin should be the perfect distraction. Gods have practically sculpted the guy and he seems pretty decent. Perfect! Baekhyun thought, Mission: Get over Park Chanyeol, Activate!

 

From: Jongin

Sweet! C u then ;)

 

To: Chanyeol (//∇//)

I’m actually meeting Jongin for dinner…sorry. Maybe, next time?

 

Chanyeol’s reply came almost ten minutes later, not that Baekhyun was counting.

 

From: Chanyeol (//∇//)

Have fun…

 

From: Baekhyun

I’m actually meeting Jongin for dinner…sorry. Maybe, next time?

 

Chanyeol stared at his screen as he let the words sink in. Jongin? Dinner? Like a date? He grabbed his hair in frustration. This was his own entire fault…why did he have to panic? He was so sure of what to say when he made his way to Baekhyun. It was so simple. Just a plain, “hi, would you like to have coffee with me?” but, no, Chanyeol had to go and it up and out of al the things he could have said, he told the guy he’s been drooling over that he has a crush on his best friend. Chanyeol deserved a punch in the face. 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

i am so sorry for not updating in forever (; ̄д ̄) please forgive me