three

Lets waste time chasing cars

 

They made their way to one of the dimly lit karaoke rooms where Chanyeol had been waiting with his friends. Chanyeol greeted them with his usual radiance, which only faltered slightly while a blush crept onto his cheeks as he noticed Kyungsoo. He was accompanied by three of his friends, out of which Baekhyun could only recognize Oh Sehun from his junior Ethics class. Chanyeol cleared his throat and then went on with the introductions. “Kyungsoo-sii, Baekhyun-sii, these are my friends...” Baekhyun didn’t think it was possible but, there was actually someone taller than Chanyeol. “This behemoth right here is Kris.” The extremely tall, blonde guy shot a glare at Chanyeol as he shook Baekhyun’s hand. “This is Jongin, the self dubbed ‘dancing machine’.”, which earned Chanyeol a punch on his shoulder. “If by self dubbed, you mean more than hundreds of chicks screaming my name at every showcase, then sure.” Jongin, was it? He seemed like quite the promising endeavor. Kris was definitely not his type and Oh Sehun was just a kid. He coyly glanced at Jongin, knowing that Jongin’s eyes were on him. Jongin was quick to look away but Baekhyun had other plans.

 

Baekhyun made sure to sit as far away from Chanyeol and Kyungsoo as the small room would allow. This is for the best; he had to keep reminding himself. He caught hold of Jongin’s idle hand and yanked him towards the empty seat next to Baekhyun. Chanyeol seemed quite taken aback by Baekhyun’s not-so-subtle approach. Kyungsoo was just trying to figure out what his dear friend was playing at. Baekhyun ignored their curious glances as he downed his whiskey. He was definitely going to let loose tonight.

 

A few more shots and Baekhyun found out that Jongin could not hold his liquor. It was Baekhyun’s turn to sing and he made his way to the front. From the corner of his eye, he could see Chanyeol laughing and clapping like a seal at whatever it was Kyungsoo had said to him. And there it was again, he could feel his chest tighten and he felt a sharp pang. No, don’t you even dare Byun Baekhyun. Don’t you dare ruin the nice buzz you’re feeling! You are over Chanyeol. You are not hurt and you deserve to have fun! The moment he gained his composure, Baekhyun picked the only song that would definitely cheer him up.

 

“Ayo! GG!” 

 

 

I apologise for the typos and grammatical errors~ forgive me!