Chapter 8: Ambiguous

❥ Heartbreak Chocolat ➳ ♥

Seungri POV

 

Ever since that day, Jiyong-hyung hadn’t been into the shop. It’s been a month already.

I see him pass by on his way to the restaurant some days, and he won’t even cast his eyes in Choco Vita’s direction.

Last week I finally messaged him. I typed out and deleted messages for almost half an hour- messages to apologize, messages that explained myself.

But Dream! Daesung’s voice keeps on replaying in my head.

You have to be a bad boy…”

In the end I sent out one informing him of a new product in the shop, and signed it off with “Choco Vita, Lee Seungri.”

As if it was a message I send out to every other normal customer.

A bad boy, I smiled to myself.

As if Jiyong-hyung would even care.

I looked thanked the customer as they left the shop, Jiyong hyung had not been through that door in a month already.

 

---

 

Normal POV

 

The door to Choco Vita swung open, and a figure ran into the shop, dragging their suitcase behind them.

“Seungriiiiii!” A sweet voice called out with enthusiasm as the figure jumped into Seungri’s arms, discarding their suitcase behind them carelessly.

“Hara?” Seungri widened his eyes in surprise at the girl who was in front of him “I thought you went to L.A for a photo shoot?”
“I came back today!” Hara grinned at him “I wanted to see you so I came here straight from the airport! Hehe~ Seungri! You should hug me and pat my head and say “Welcome home” like a boyfriend would!” She fantasized as she hugged herself, poking her tongue out cheekily.

Seungri smiled and pulled the slim girl into his embrace, reaching up to pat the back of her head softly “Welcome home!”

Hara sighed into their hug before pulling back and smiling brightly again

“I have so much to tell you about my trip! It was so good!”

Seungri nodded “I’m jealous…how about dinner tonight?”


“Wow.” Hyungsik’s jaw dropped at the sight in front of him “Isn’t that Goo Hara?”

“She and Seungri met at the Le Milleur party last month, I did think they seemed to hit it off that night.” Taeyang observed with a playful glint in his eye “My my my…”

“Woah, so is she and master dating now?” Hyungsik asked nosily.

Daesung shrugged “Maybe.” He smiled and stayed silent as Hyungsik made noises of awe, the door suddenly swung open, Taeyang and Daesung shared a look when they saw who was entering.

 

Seungri looked up at to see Kwon Jiyong enter the shop.

It seemed like everyone in the shop froze for one moment.

Jiyong at the door, him, Hara who was followed his gaze to see who he was looking at, Hyungsik, Daesung and Taeyang who was behind the counter watching and waiting for something to happen.

“Oh…is he. Whoops.” Hara looked at Seungri apologetically when she read his expression, she pulled back from their half embrace position but Seungri suddenly pulled her into another hug.

“I’ll call you when I finish work tonight?” He whispered, she pulled back with a surprised smile and nodded happily.

“I’ll see you tonight!” She picked up her suitcase and walked out of the shop swiftly after waving a goodbye to Seungri, passing and nodding at Jiyong politely on the way out.

“Jiyong hyung, long time no see.” Seungri greeted the man who was still rooted at the door with a calm smile “How are you?”

“I-uh, yea I’m good.” Jiyong smiled back at him, “I, um got your message…so thought I should drop by.”

“Ah, yes! Our new product, it’s been quite popular lately I thought you would like it.” He lead him to the counter, pointing out and introducing the new flavors that he had came up with lately.
“That girl just then.” Jiyong suddenly said, cutting Seungri off mid-sentence.

“She is a model right? Was she the person that you mentioned last time…?” Jiyong asked carefully.

Seungri stopped for a moment before breaking into a smile “We’re just friends.”

“Friends? But you guys were hugging like that just then and-“

“It’s no big deal. Jiyong-hyung should understand right? And I did spend a good few years in France after all.” Seungri grinned, a glint in his eye “So how can I help you today?”

Jiyong looked at him “I see.” He raised his eyebrow and smiled back “Then a assortment pack with all your new flavors, thank you.”

“No problem.”

 

He placed the box into the paper bag carefully as Jiyong watched him.

“Also, Seungri…I’m sorry about last time.” Jiyong suddenly said.

Seungri blinked at him, quickly shaking his head “No, I should be sorry for being rude-“

“No, it was careless of me. After all, wanting to introduce someone to someone I’ve dated before is too awkward, sorry.” Jiyong smiled and lifted the bag off the counter “Thanks Seungri-ya, I’ll be back tomorrow.” He smirked before he walked out of the door.

Leaving Seungri frozen behind the counter.

 

---

Seungri made his way back to the kitchen calmly.

Daesung and Youngbae both eyed him with curiosity, obviously having evasdropped on the conversation earlier.

“What should I do what should I do…” Seungri murmured, hardly containing his jumpiness “He said ‘someone I’ve dated before’ He thinks of be as someone he dated!”

Youngbae gave him a look of worry while Daesung smiled at him “That’s great Seungri! At least you know it wasn’t a one sided thing.”

Seungri gripped the counter to stop himself from shaking with excitement.

“What should I think Daesung? What did he mean by that? Does this mean I do have a chance after all?” He asked helplessly.

Youngbae gave a small sigh and opened his mouth like he wanted to say something, but only to sigh again in the end “Don’t think too much about it Seungri…”

But Seungri was too wrapped up in his own thought to notice what he had said.

“What should I do? What should I do….”

---

 

“He said that?” Hara exclaimed over dinner that night “That means he didn think about your relationship! It’s not just a one-sided thing! Congratulations Seungri!”

Seungri only nodded quietly but couldn’t containe the stretched smile on his lips.

“I thought he didn’t even view of me as a romantic interest, but he said so today, so maybe there’s a chance for me after all.”

He grinned, cutting into his steak and lifting his fork with a piece up to Hara’s mouth.

“Want to try it?”

Hara took the bite happily before scooping a spoon of her own risotto and offering it to Seungri, who ate it out of her spoon as if it was the most natural thing ever.

Anyone walking past would think they are a happily dating couple.

 

“Do you want to come in?” Hara asks when Seungri drops her home that night.

“Sure.” He smiles and extinguishes the car engine, following her into her apartment.

 

-

“Ehh…” Seungri hums in awe as he studied the huge shoe rack in Hara’s living room  with dozens of pairs of all sorts of shoes on it.

 “So Hara is quite feminine after all? Your love for heels are just like any other girl, my sister is just like you.”

“Eh? But dressing like a woman has nothing to do with femininity right?” Hara frowns from the kitchen as she busied herself making a pot of tea “Plus, men don’t actually like girls wearing heels right? But women like them, so I have to wear them, my job is to appeal to women after all…” Hara mused thoughtfully as she settled down the teapot onto the coffee table.

“Wearing heels these high must be painful.” Seungri picked up a pair of platform pumps and inspected the stiletto heel.

Hara made a face “Of course they are,” she picked them up from Seungri’s hand gingerly and placed them back on the shelf “but I’m professional.” She added coolly, making Seungri laugh.

“Script?” Seungri suddenly noticed what Hara had open on top of the coffee table

“Oh!” Hara picked the book up and stuck her tongue out “I guess I shouldn’t have let you seen that, it’s not been announced yet…but yea, it’s just a cameo role in an upcoming drama, but it’s my first acting job!”

“Wow!” Seungri exclaimed, genuinely impressed “That’s amazing Hara! What kind of role do you play?”

“Mm..” Hara flipped through the script absentmindedly “I’m supposed to be the main character’s first love from high school, so I’ll just be in flashback scenes, but guess what? I have a kiss scene!” She laughed but then frowned “I’m kind of nervous though…the only experience I’ve had with acting is in MVs..”

“You’ll be fine!” Seungri comforted her “What kind of kiss scene is it?”

“It’s just a innocent peck, since we’re supposed to be high school students, but the script is so funny! The main character asks me “Can I kiss you?” who says that?” She laughed, shaking her head.

“You don’t like that?” Seungri asked with amusedment. “What kind of kiss would you like? If you imagine kissing that person that you like right now.”

“If it’s with Yong Junhyung-ssi?” Hara smiled sweetly at the mention of his name

“Hm….a sudden one? Like, one out of the blue and unexpected, he’d just kiss me suddenly when I'm staring into space, that’s manly isn’t it?” She bit her lip shyly at the imagination.

Seungri chuckled, then suddenly swooped in and pressed his lips against Hara’s.

Hara looked at him with surprise as he pulled back cheekily “Like this?”

She nodded, somewhat shy “Exactly like this….what about Seungri? If it’s with Kwon Jiyong-ssi?”

Seungri hummed thoughtfully, before inching in closer to Hara slowly.

He paused to look into her clear eyes as he finally closed in the distance between them, he kissed her slow and deep, both of them closing their eye and wrapping their arms around each other before Seungri pulled back shyly.

“A little like that I guess.”

“So romantic.” Hara giggled, they paused to look at each other before drawing in and kissing again, Seungri slowly pressing Hara onto the couch as their kiss turned passionate.

 

Seungri POV

 

Jiyong hyung, sometimes I wonder what I am doing.

Even if me and Hara have our hearts filled with someone else, we still turn to each other for this kind of twisted practice of love.

I wonder, will I ever be able to fulfil these actions with you?

Kissing you, hugging you, even just holding your hand.

Sometimes, I wonder.

 

---

hey guys i'm baaaaack!! Hahaha I just realized I've spelt "Youngbae" as "Yongbae" all this time so I've just changed it back on this chapter since I can't be bothered going back and chaging the previous chapters!

Sorry I'm taking so long to update now! So busy >< Hope you guys enjoy and comment and subscribe!