Chapter 6: Choco Vita

❥ Heartbreak Chocolat ➳ ♥

“Chef Lee Seungri, please look this way!”

“Kwon Boa-ssi, please hold the ribbon a little higher!”

“Chef Kwon Jiyong, please smile!”

It had been a week since Jiyong’s engagement party and the long-awaited opening of Choco Vita, Seungri sighed as he finally got to sit down after the ribbon-cutting ceremony and handling all the press, three other people were in the kitchen with him, diligently preparing chocolates to fill up the cabinet that will run out sooner or later due to the long line outside.

One of those three people was Daesung, the other two Seungri had been introduced to by Boa a week ago as members from the restaurant kitchn who were to join his team as pastry chefs.

One was Hyungsik- the youngest one of them all, he was a pastry trainee with a happy-go-lucky nature that Seungri instantly took a liking to.

The other was Dong Yongbae, but introduced himself as Taeyang, a gentle man with smiling eyes that were just as warm as Daesung’s.

“I’ve heard a lot about you, Seungri-ssi.” Yongbae had winked at him as he shook his hand for the first time “I’ve been friends with Jiyong since we were kids,” He explained afterwards “My father had been a pastry chef for K group hotels ever since Jiyong’s fathers first hotel restaurant.”

Seungri had thought Taeyang would may be bitter or try to make his life hard since he’d been transferred to work under him rather than running his own team, but the man had been nothing but genuinely kind and helpful.

The interior of the shop was somewhat different to the rest of Dolce Vita, it was two-stories with white chairs and white tables and white counters, it reminded Seungri of little street cafes he used to love to go to in Paris. The only flamboyant feature was a chandelier hanging off the middle of the ceiling, but even so it gave off a somewhat…cute vibe compared to the rest of the hotel.

“I thought this style would suit you Seungri, I like it, it’s cute.” Kwon Jiyong had said to him when the design sketch first came out a few weeks ago, Seungri didn’t manage to hide his blush.

(This is how the store looks like)

Today was also the first day Seungri met Jiyong after his engagement- the first time he met Jiyong as someone else’s fiancée.

“Seungri! The cake was amazing! Everything from the visual appearance to the flavours were perfect!” Jiyong grinned at him as he greeted him this morning. “I can’t wait until your chocolates! I’ll be sure to visit everyday!”

Seungri sighed as he tipped the chocolate he had just melted onto the marble plate and grabbed his tempering tools.

 

Seungri POV

 

Jiyong hyung, I wish you could be cruel, I wish your words could be sharper, your eyes could be colder...

I wish I can hate you, so I know that I can give up on you.

But when you keep smiling at me like that, talking to me like that with the ignorance I never knew you possessed, I can’t help but to fall for you deeper.

Even when I know it’s impossible.

“Master! Which type of chocolates should we make now? It’s hard to tell which one will run out first at this rate…maybe the Caramel ganache?” Hyungsik’s loud voice suddenly snapped me out of my reverie, the kid had probably spent too much time watching cooking dramas and somehow adopted a habit of calling me “Master.”

I can’t help but to like that kid, even though he can be clumsy and loud sometimes, but he reminds me of me…or who I once was anyway.

“In my opinion it would be the caramel ganache and white chocolate raspberry…What do you think Seungri?” Taeyang smiled at me encouragingly, a curious glint in his eye.

“Hmmm…” A flashback of this morning suddenly entered my mind… before the official opening Jiyong hyung had came in and greeted me and I let him try all of our different chocolates from the cabinet.

“Red chilli truffles… rum raisin and cream cheese bon bons.” I said, reciting the chocolates that Jiyong hyung had pointed out this morning after the impromptu taste-testing session, “These are daebak Seungri! These flavours are definitely going to be crowd-favourites!”

--

“Eh? But those flavors are not mainstream at all!...Do you really think they will sell out before the typical flavors Master?” Hyungsik asked in surprise over my choices.

“I think it’s a good idea!” Daesung suddenly chirped “Non mainstream flavors are popular because you can’t get them anywhere else, right?” He winked at me understandingly, I smiled back, grateful to have him always supporting me.

“Yes, I’m confident those will be the most popular flavours today.” Regardless of personal feelings, Jiyong hyung is someone with impeccable taste, even though he was known as someone who would shove any type of chocolate down his mouth to satisfy his cravings, he’d only acknowldge the taste if it was something truly good.

“Okay then, let’s make those three first to restock.” Taeyang-hyung nodded and flashed me a some what loaded smile.

---

Normal POV

 

It’d been almost two weeks since the opening of Choco Vita. Seungri yawned and sunk into the couch, it’d been days since he’d gotten to come home in time to eat dinner.

The shop had been busy with over-flowing customers and he’d stayed behind the last few days working on new products and making sure their was enough chocolate in stock. The good thing was that he was able to see Kwon Jiyong’s smiling face everyday when he came to buy his daily chocolates.

Seungri  pulled out a tiny notebook from his pocket and jotted down Kwon Jiyong’s choice that day “Dark chocolate orangette…salted caramel…spearmint…” he smiled as he recalled Jiyong’s satisfied face after eating his chocolates.

“Seungri-ya, what are you doing?” Dara, who was once again over for dinner, suddenly patted him on his shoulder and snapped him out of his thought “Writing down what Jiyong-hyung bought from the shop today..” Seungri admitted shyly.

Dara made a face of exaggerated horror and disgust “Ew.”

“Eh? Really?” Seungri exclaimed with wide eyes.

Dara didn’t change her expression “Eww.”

“Eh? Reeeeally?!”

“Eww.“

“Ehhhhh?? Really?!”

“Ewwww-“

--

Kwon Jiyong groaned as the droplets of rain started hitting his windshield, he hated the rain, it made everything wet and cold, he reached into his glove compartment to make sure he had his umbrella. Sighing as the rain starting showering down with more might but immediately brightened as he pulled up to his usual parking spot.

The thought of Seungri’s chocolates made him grin, “I wonder what chocolates I should get today~” Jiyong hummed to himself, the workers in his kitchen would probably freak out at this side of him, the devilish head chef’s blissful expression just at the thought of chocolates

--

Even when it was early in the morning, Choco Vita was already crowded with customers either seated or in line. Kwon Jiyong sighed in relief as he found shelter in the shop, shaking the rain drops off his umbrella.

“Welcome! Oh, Jiyong-ah!” A familiar voice from the counter greeted him, Jiyong looked up to see his childhood best friend carrying a waiter’s tray in his hand “Eh? Yongbae, why are you serving customers? Did you get kicked out of the kitchen?”

His bestfriend rolled his eyes, “We’re plenty in stock this morning, and interacting with customers is just as important as producing good products you know.” He gestured to the direction of the counter where Seungri stood serving customers with a bright smile.

“He’s a good kid.” Yongbae winked at him, Jiyong looked at the direction of the counter with a glint in his eye “Of course he is.”

“…So what do you want? We have real customers to serve you know.” Yongbae joked, “Just an assortment box will do.” Jiyong replied without much enthusiasm, Yongbae raised his eyebrow and pointed at an empty table “Won’t be long, sit yourself down for now.”

Jiyong sat down where Yongbae instructed him to, his eyes drifting to Seungri who was behind the counter, introducing various products to the hoard of female customers in front of him with a charming smile. Kwon Jiyong’s eyes dimmed for a second.

“Here you go.” A white paper bag was suddenly dropped onto his lap, he looked up to see Yongbae smiling down at him “Small chocolate bon bons assortment box, I’ll put it on your till Chef Kwon~” He winked.

(Chocolate JUST BECAUSE CHOCOLATES!)

Jiyong picked up the paper bag silently, he flashed another look towards the counter, Seungri caught his eye suddenly and gave him a small nod of acknowledgement.

“Thanks bro.” He gave Yongbae a tight smile before pushing out of the door slowly not before looking back yet once more.

Yongbae stared behind him thoughtfully, “Oh, Jiyong hyung left already?” Seungri asked as he approached the counter to help with the crowd of customers, “I didn’t even get to say hi..” Seungri said with a tone of regret.

Yongbae looked over at the table Jiyong was sitting at and noticed something “Oh! Seung-“ He turned to Seungri, but another group of girls cooing over the chocolate cabinet had already gotten his attention, Yongbae shrugged and strode over to the table to pick up the item.

“Wait!” He rushed out the door and ran after the figure in the lobby, Jiyong turned back with a grin on his face, which faltered when he saw Yongbae “Oh, Yongbae…”

“You left your umbrella!” Yongbae handed him the umbrella he left hanging on the chair, Jiyong’s smile dropped as he looked at the item in his friend’s hand before reaching out to take it “How careless of me, thanks bro.”

Yongbae fell silent as he looked at his childhood friend seriously “…Jiyong-ah, you know what you’re doing, right?”

Jiyong returned his stern gaze for a long moment before breaking into a smile “I don’t know what you’re talking about man, gotta run! See ya.” He waved coolly before turning around on his heels.

Dong Yongbae sighed after him, the door behind him suddenly opened, a group of girls coming out of the shop happily “Thank you for coming!” Seungri’s bowed politely when he noticed Yongbae standing in front of the shop “Yongbae hyung?”

Yongbae turned around and gave him a thoughtful look that made Seungri nervous “Is everything alright?”

“…” Yongbae’s eyes curved into it’s usual smile again “Yes, everything’s fine.”

----

Sorry for the loooooong as wait guys, my exams are finally OVER~ YAY!!

Which means I have more time to update, but I realised there aren't as many people commenting in the recent chapters ;;>.<;;

Please subscribe and comment if you like my story and want more updates, it gives me motivation!

Pwetty pweeeease?