Chapter 2: Sweet, cool and fresh- Peppermint ganache

❥ Heartbreak Chocolat ➳ ♥

Seungri POV

I pushed open the wooden door that lead into the extravagant looking shop,

“Bonjour!” The pretty French girl at the counter greeted me with a professional smile as I walked up to her.

“B-Bonjour..Je m’appelle Lee Seungri...je suis venu de korea.” (Hello, my name is Lee Seungri, I'm from Korea.)

She looked at me in confusion

“Uhh..je..” I quickly took out my piece of paper that I had accidently crumpled in my hand out of nervousness, I must seem like such a weirdo dammit! I knew I should have taken French lessons!

“..Je voudrais travailler ici.” (I would like to work here) I read off the paper as she stared at me in awe, I looked at her as we stood there in silence for a few seconds before she said “Attendez une minute.” (Wait a minute) and turned to walk into the kitchen.

I stared after her, I can see the chocolatiers of the world famous chocolatier “La reverie” working through the big glass window. Just I week ago, I would have been jumping up and down in excitement, but right now I seemed to have lost my positive emotions after a week of rolling around at home.

The French lady came back with a young Asian man no old than myself in tow, I sighed in relief until he opened his mouth “Bonjour~”

My mind blanked out, so was he French after-all? Had the lady gotten it all wrong and just thought he can speak to me because he was of Asian descendent? Pffttt.

Bonjour! Je m’appelle Lee Seungri..” I repeated again, he blinked and smiled at me, his eyes curling into cresent moons.

“Nice to meet you Seungri, I’m Daesung. I heard you came from Korea. I was born in Korea too!” He grinned at me. In this moment, he was like an Angel sprouting wings and dawning a halo to me, this guy is my saviour!

I held onto him in relief and began rapidly speaking in Korean “Please!! I beg you, please hire me! I majored in the pastry department in Korea! I can do anything, even start from washing dishes! Just give me a chance!”

The young man I was holding onto looked like at me with a surprised expression.

“Well do you have a certificate?”

“Uhh…no?”

“How about a reference letter?”

“….no…”

I hung my head, as he gaped “Don’t tell me you came all the way from Korea by yourself without even planning anything?”

“Oui…”

“Wow! That’s impressive~” He hummed, somehow I felt like he was looking at me like I’m a little kid wanting candy

“I’m serious…..”

“Oh yea!” He suddenly exclaimed, I piped up in hope “I saw this on the internet but I’m skeptical about it, in the latest volume of Doraemon, does Doraemon really go back to the future?”

Doraemon....

This guy isn’t taking me seriously at all!

I sighed as I reached into my backpack to produce a few manhwa books I bought at the airport to kill time.

Oh mon dieu!” (Oh my God!) He gasped, his eyes sparkling as he eyed my books “You have them?!” His hand started reaching out when I realized something.

Wait!

This is my last lifeline! These few books I’m holding onto is my last bargaining chip!!

“Wait!” I whipped the books away from his reach as he blinked at me in confusion

 “Pourquoi?” (Why?)

“Ask your boss if he will hire me! Tell him I’m a friend or something, anything! If he hires me I’ll give them to you!” I reasoned.

I know I’m being a brat, but this is my last chance.

He fell silent, seemingly in deep thought.

I looked longingly into the kitchen of this world-renowned chocolatier when I noticed something, “Say….” I murmured, almost talking to myself but Daesung raised his head to look at me.

I pointed to a young French man in the kitchen who was doing some tempering.

“That man there, is he new?” I asked “He’s an apprentice that just arrived, why?”

“His tempering isn’t going so good, no one’s checking up on it, but I think he should redo it.” I answered, frowning as I can clearly see the chocolate on the table already beginning to set an unattractive matte surface.

He raised his eyebrows at me “You can tell just by looking?”

“Oui.” I answered without hesitation.

He gave me a final glance before he walked back into the kitchen, I saw him talking to a older French man with the head chef uniform on and gulped nervously.

The old man had a stern look on his face before he came marching towards my direction, oh my God is he going to throw me out himself?!

He threw open the door between me and the kitchen before throwing me a piece of black cloth, he said something in French and stalked back into the kitchen again, I looked at the Daesung for help.

“He said.” He began translating, pointing into the kitchen “Come in and let’s see your tempering.”

I gaped as I stared at the apron in my hands.

This is it.

Daesung gave me a firm nod before leading me into the kitchen.

I tied the apron around my waist and picked up the spatula and palette knife in determination.

Everyone in the room was staring at me now, but I only have one thought in my mind as I poured the warm chocolate onto the marble surface and started the fluid motion of tempering that my hands seemed to be made to do.

 

Kwon Jiyong.

 

When the smell of chocolate surrounds me, his face comes into my mind whether I want it to or not.

The chocolate that I pour all my emotions and passion into, the chocolate that is like another part of me. An extension- no, a representation of myself- I want him to le it into his mouth, I want it to glide down his throat and seep into his body and into every cell of his body…

These dirty aspirations even brought me all the way here to Paris.

 

Jiyong hyung, I will definitely become a chocolatier, no matter how long it will take me.

I will become a chocolatier that everyone acknowledges, become so famous that you’ll see me everywhere.

 So famous that I’ll stay on your mind, enough to make you think thoughts like

 “I shouldn’t have thrown him away back then.”

 

I will make you regret that night.

 

You will secretly buy a box of my chocolates, and when you bite into it, you will not help but to exclaim happily: “C’est bon!”

 

That is my desire...

That is my dream...

Even if that voice of yours…

 

Will never reach my ears.

 

---5 Years later---

 

 Normal POV

“Young master, your breakfast is served.” The old butler bowed as the young master of the Kwon family descended down the stairs wearing his bathrobe, his hair still wet and dripping as he ran a towel through it.

Kwon Jiyong grunted in response and dismissed the butler as he sat down and sipped the hot drink set on the table for him, making him smile immediately as his mood was brightened with the sweetness of the hot chocolate in his hands.

He flicked on the TV and the female presenter’s voice filled the room and he settled down to eat his breakfast.

“…this morning we are lucky enough to bring viewers into the kitchen of the award winning chocolatier in Paris, France- “La reverie”! Here we are able to witness the process of making such state-of-the-art chocolates…”

Kwon Jiyong piped up when the word “Chocolates” was mentioned, he looked up to pay attention to what was going on, the reporter had now lead the camera through the kitchen and focused onto a man who was leaning over some chocolates while dusting on some cocoa powder.

“And here we have young Korean man who had been working in the Paris headquarters diligently for five years, building up his skills as a chocolatier- Chef Lee Seungri!”

Kwon Jiyong’s froze, his eyes widening in shock as a familiar face filled the TV, the fork he was holding dropped onto the glass table with a harsh “Clang!”

The reporter on continued talking

Chef Lee, you are certainly very good-looking! It’s no wonder that netizens have started dubbing you the ‘Chocolate prince’ online already!” The reporter gushed enthusiastically to which Seungri only returned with a perfect gentlemanly smile

“I’m honored to have everyone’s support. Making chocolates at “La reverie” had always been a dream of mine, but actually, I will be returning to Korea soon.”

“Really? Chef, are you able to tell us some information regarding your plans in Korea? Will we able to taste the chocolates you make soon?” The reported asked with interest, Seungri’s lips curved into the small smile again.

As of right now…I can only say it’s a secret.” He winked at the camera mischievously, “But no matter what, I hope I will be able to bring to Korea chocolates that won’t lose to the taste of “La Reverie”, I hope everyone will wait patiently.”

“No way….” Kwon Jiyong breathed as the camera showed the last of Seungri’s smiling face.

 

----

The 'French' in here is all google translate, so it's probably not that good...so....

Excuse my French!

Huihuihuihui~ XP

Thank you for all the comments and subcribers so far, keep them coming so I will be motivated to update please! ^^

For those of you who knows how the orginal storyline goes, it'll take a completely different direction from now~