Episode 7

Roommate: Idol Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPISODE SEVEN - OVERDOSE

By the time L, Hyunsik and Eunji reach home, the rest of them are already at the yard. Lu Han and L.joe take part in grilling while Yoona and Nana arrange the dining table.

“What’s all this?” L gapes in awe. “I mean, are we having a party tonight?”

“BBQ party,” Lu Han corrects with a grin. “It was actually Nana’s idea.”

“Nana noona?” Hyunsik is flustered.

“Yes, it’s me,” says Nana, nodding. “We haven’t had any occasion at the yard, so I thought it’d be a good idea to hold eat outside tonight.”

“It’s indeed a good idea, unnie. I’m pretty hungry right now.” Eunji plops down on the vacant chair and lets out a gasp of exhaustion. “And I’m so tired.”

“Did you have many scenes today, Eunji-ah?” Yoona asks concernedly while busily arranging the side dishes on the dining table.

“Yes, unnie. I did have a lot of scenes today,” the A Pink main vocalist answers and steals a brief yet appreciative glance at the two male idols. “Still, I think I did my best today since L oppa and Hyunsik oppa were there.”

“Seriously, I still couldn’t believe they came to cheer for me and bring me food,” she adds details in delight.

“That’s what roommates are for, Eunji-ah.” L pipes in at the griller. He helps Lu Han and L.Joe putting the marinated meat, chicken wings and sausages on the griller.

She beams. “I know.”

“Were they at the filming location until you finished your filming?” asks Yoona curiously.

“They did.” She puckers her lips. “I did ask them to go back home but they insisted on waiting for me.”

Yoona listens attentively to her story and spares Hyunsik and L a momentary gaze – especially to the latter. Her impression of him has slightly changed. An unconscious smile graces her lips as she thinks that L has such a nice personality. Perhaps that is why he has a lot of devoted fan girls.

Infinite’s L is not only about his dazzling looks. He is as well has a good manner and a truly gentleman to her despite being two years younger than her.

“Eunji-ssi, do you want some water? I think watermelon juice that Nana noona prepared is ready.” L.Joe turns to her before he goes inside the house.

“It’s all ready!” Nana chimes in. “I just forgot to bring it outside.”

“O-oh, sure.” Eunji has an awkward smile upon her lips. She is flustered when he suddenly mentioned her name. They have rarely talked to each other since two days ago or to make easier, since L.Joe had confessed out loud that he is comfortable being around Nana out of the female residents in the house.

“Then I’ll get going,” and upon the closing of his remark, Eunji watches him scurrying to the back door.

The first grill has been finished and L carefully takes the grilled meat, chicken wings and sausages into big container.

“These ones are ready to eat,” he says and slumps into a seat next to Nana. He stops being a helping hand and Hyunsik replaces his position since he is both exhausted and hungry.

Nana takes a slice of grilled meat with the fork and dips it the sauce before giving it to L.

“Here you go,” she remarks and shoves it into his already agape mouth. “Does it taste good?”

“I-it is,” he stammers and munches the meat coyly, unable to look straight into the older female’s eyes. He was thrown off guard that Nana suddenly fed him without prior warning.

“It really is delicious!” Eunji throws a comment. “I personally like medium rare and Lu Han oppa grilled it perfectly good!”

“Thank you.” Lu Han glances at her with a smile before getting back to grilling.

“By the way, where is Victoria noona?” Hyunsik is worried that she has not come back home yet. “I thought her schedule has ended at 7.”

Nana informs, “Unnie gave me a call saying she might go home a tad late tonight.”

“Speaking of the devil,” Yoona murmurs impulsively and everyone’s eyes is drawn to the weary looking Victoria, who is walking towards them with L.Joe tagging next to her.

“It looks yummy,” are those first words she speaks as soon as she reaches the yard. It feels as though her tiredness has vanished after seeing meat; she loves meat to bits.

“Welcome back, unnie,” Yoona greets. “Your face looks so tired.” She is well-aware that she is in the midst of final preparation for her group comeback early this July.

“Kind of, but it’s gone as soon as I get to eat these delicious meats!” Victoria bursts out and starts devouring one by one.

“Your drink, Eunji-ssi.” L.Joe hands the glass of watermelon juice to the latter and pours to the others as well.

“Thanks.” Eunji beams and takes a small sip of the glass.

Hyunsik has a broad smile by merely watching the excited Victoria shoving slices of meats and sausages into . She even has this sort of sing-song voice and shakes her head giddily whenever she eats.

“What are you smiling so widely, Hyunsik-ah?” Lu Han nudges him, chuckling. “Let’s go eat. Everything’s finished.”

Hyunsik scratches his nape in dumbfounded manner before joining them at the table.

Just as Lu Han is about to sit down on the chair, his cell phone starts ringing.

“Hello?”

“…...”

“Oh, you’re around the neighbourhood?”

“…...”

“Sure, I’ll go pick you up once you’ve arrived.”

“Has he arrived, oppa?” Nana rolls her eyes after the call ends.

“He’s around the neighbourhood.”

And within several minutes, the house bell rings continuously and it means that the anticipated guest has finally arrived.

Lu Han comes back with not only one EXO members but two.

“Two EXO members?” Nana’s eyes widen. “You said only one’s coming, oppa.”

“The plan’s changed suddenly.” Lu Han shrugs. “I also thought only Kai’s coming, but Xiumin tagged along.”

The eldest member of EXO, Xiumin, only squirms in mortification as he stands next to Kai, and every one of them is looking at them.

“What’s that in your hand, Kai?” Yoona questions casually, who is pretty close with him.

“Oh, we didn’t want to come empty-handed, so we bought a cake on the way here as a housewarming gift,” Kai enlightens and places the box of cake on the table.

“Anyway, please introduce yourselves while you’re still standing!”  Victoria voices out and everyone instantly agrees with her suggestion and claps their hands welcomingly in response.

The two members nod and Xiumin is the first to introduce himself, “Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Xiumin, the eldest member of EXO and also, I’m twenty-five year-old.” He does not forget to bow to them. “Nice meeting you all.”

He gets a hot response by the roommates and afterwards, Kai takes his turn. “Annyeonghaseyo. I’m Kim Jongin but as everyone knows, my stage name is Kai. My position of EXO is main dancer. I was born on 1994 and that means I’m 21 year-old.” He is running out of ideas for the introduction. “Uhm… I think that’s all. Nice to meet everyone here, by the way!”

“Nice to meet you too, Kai-ssi,” Victoria replies on their behalf and they sit down on empty seat next to Eunji.

“Let’s continue tucking in!” L says. “It wouldn’t be delicious if it gets cold.”

They continue the interrupted BBQ party with hearty chit-chat and laughs of excitement. Since everyone has had respective schedules today so they share them to each other. Not to forget, Xiumin and Kai are also dragged to the conversation.

“You know, we always watch this show on TV whenever we have free time. If we were busy, we could still watch the re-runs,” Lu Han shares the secret life of EXO that no one knows beforehand. “And for the record, Kai’s the most excited one out of us! He’d always show up earlier than us in front of TV to watch the show.”

“Hyung!” Kai could not help but recoil in embarrassment at the older male’s counter attack.

Lu Han only laughs and lets the visual gets excessive recognition from them.

“Oh, really?” Victoria looks startled. “Since you know in Roommate, we have four guys and four girls, so… which one of us you want to meet in real life?”

“Excluding me.” Lu Han stops sipping the fruit juice at once. “Kai’s fed up seeing me every day!”

Kai laughs at his words, but does not take much time to ponder. “Nana noona.”

“Me?” The owner of the name is perplexed. “I wasn’t expecting my name.”

“For your information, Kai is a fanboy of Nana,” Lu Han butts in. “And I think you two had known each other back then at our concert in Seoul, hadn’t you?”

“Had we?” Nana scratches the back of her head, clueless. “I didn’t quite remember it, though.”

“We had met during the concert, noona,” Kai lets out a laugh upon watching the clueless member of After School. “Seems like you really don’t remember me.”

Interview

Nana: *laughs after reminiscing the BBQ party* Seriously, it didn’t ring a bell! I do remember that I went to EXO concert in Seoul with the others, but I don’t remember talking to him!

Production Team: Kai-ssi must’ve been so upset, don’t you think so?

Nana: *bows down in regret* I’m sorry, Kai-ssi. Although I clearly have made you unknown to me, I hope the fans of yours won’t write bad comments about me once this episode airs!

“What about Xiumin hyung?” Hyunsik asks. “Which one of the girl – since we’ve known it’d be a girl – you would love to meet in person?”

Xiumin points his finger to the reserved Eunji. “I pretty much adore her voice as well as her acting in dramas.”

“Thank you.” Eunji blushes furiously at the unexpected flattery. “I like you as well in EXO.”

“Actually, it’s great for us to have this party outside the house,” L.Joe speaks up after everyone has finished tucking in and staying silent. They must have been really full to the extent they cannot speak a word. “We can relax, eat, talk and do whatever we want without having to think of our hectic, daily schedules.”

“Speaking of which,” Victoria says, face looking extremely giddy. “Why don’t we have an honest talk among the roommates?”

“It looks like we’re complete outsiders here,” Kai jokes, feigning an upset look.

“I think so too.” Xiumin pouts.

“I actually didn’t mean to say that.” She forgets the fact that the BBQ party is joined along by the guests from EXO. “Well, you two surely can join us!”

“Can we?” Xiumin looks hesitated.

Yoona smiles at him in assurance. “Sure thing.”

“So, Eunji-ah...” Lu Han kicks off, averting his gaze to her. “Since you are currently starring a drama, don’t feel tired? You’re an idol and of course, you are busy with loads of schedule every day like music shows, recordings, interviews and whatnot.”

Eunji merely shrugs. “I don’t know how to say, but it’s true that I’m both physically and emotionally drained with tight schedule and drama filming at the same time. However, I am excited. I mean, it’s been a year since I last participated in drama, so when I got to do it, I am so happy.”

“On the other hand, I feel guilty to my members because there are times where we have music shows or recordings, but I can’t make it up because of the drama filming. Although they didn’t say a word, I still am guilty.”

“It’s not like you’re doing the drama for a whole year, Eunji-ah,” Lu Han says in reply. “You don’t need to feel guilty because your members didn’t say anything. Just focus on your drama filming and when you have group schedule, you have to focus on them as well and don’t think about your drama at that time.”

“Thank you, oppa.” Eunji grins at him. “You are right. The important thing here is I should have fun and enjoy on whatever I’m doing and stop being pessimistic.”

“That’s the right thing to do.” He gives her a nod.

On the spur of the moment, Kai unexpectedly bursts out laughing. Everyone stares agape at him in surprise.

“Why are you laughing, Kai?” Xiumin, himself, is clueless.

“I’m laughing because Lu Han hyung is so funny,” he explaining, still laughing so hard.

L is intrigued. “What do you mean by that?”

“Why do you think I’m funny, Kai?” Lu Han asks his fellow member in curiosity. He never thinks himself to be funny because he has no sense of humour.

“Lu Han hyung has never talked to us in the way he talked to Eunji noona,” he remarks, “I was wondering since when he was good at giving people advices.”

Xiumin seems to agree with his point. “I kind of agree that, to be honest,” he supports. “For your information, I think I’m the closest one to Lu Han and just like Kai has stated, he’s not the type to give people advices. In fact, whenever we gather among ourselves, he barely speaks a word.”

“I-I... have changed!” the mentioned guy defenses himself in gritted teeth. His face has turned bright crimson, embarrassed at the fact that the roommates have known one of his so-called darkest secrets.

“Lu Han oppa also did the same thing to me just like he did to Eunji,” Nana chimes in involuntarily. “When I had a problem and was confused with myself, he was there to give me advice and root for me.”

“Really?” Kai is incredulous. “Perhaps hyung has changed ever since he lived here!”

“I have changed,” Lu Han reiterates defensively. “I have begun to talk a lot and if you still don’t believe me, try to ask them! I bet they all would say the same thing.”

As expected, Hyunsik, L.Joe and Nana nod their heads in agreement and Lu Han feel utterly relieved and has a smug smile across his face.

“Whatever,” Kai snorts in dissatisfaction. It seems like his plan to make fun of the older male has gone in vain.

“What about you, Nana?” Victoria turns to Nana. “Is there anything lately that becomes your concern?”

“I think I have one.”

Hyunsik rolls his eyes. “What is it, noona?”

“These days, I really am working hard on both programs I am in, ‘Roommate’ and ‘Style Log’, in order to show the abilities of me. And in all honesty, I am even trying even hard to show who I really am in real life – the real me,” Nana trails off with a sigh, unable to hide what she is feeling lately. “However, the viewers’ receptions were not that great. They don’t get it what I am doing right now.”

“Instead of seeing me working so hard, they are thinking, ‘what is wrong with this girl?’, ‘why is she acting like that in front of guys?’. They look at me as if I was hogging over the guys.” Nana could not help but feel both confused and devastated. People’s cold reactions towards her personality on TV scare her.

Everyone stares at her in disbelief. They do not know such a thing happens to Nana. Nana appears to be so bright, bubbly and like an energy pill, so they definitely have no clue that she is suffering from the viewer’s malicious comments about her on-screen personality.

Interview

Production Team: Have you expected them to dislike you in shows you are in, Nana-ssi?

Nana: Of course, I haven’t expected it *laughs bitterly* As a matter of fact, whenever I go out to the public, they shouted my name in happiness and asked to take a pictures with them, so... I was surprised when they actually disliked me. They think I am a fake and my personality on screen was all an act.

Production Team: On the other hand, do you think you are pretending to be what you are not?

Nana: Just like I said before, I’m not pretending and this is the real me. I did monitor myself on TV and tell you what, I can see how from their perspective that it could be hard to watch me. *trails off and smiles awkwardly* I may be a little bit annoying and act so comfortable around the guys. However, on a brighter note, I wish they would take it in a more positive light.

Lu Han, who happens to sit next to Nana, is trying to soothe her by caressing her back softly. “I never knew you were suffering, Nana,” he says in a wretched tone. 

“Poor Nana noona,” adds L.Joe wistfully, as if he was in the same boat with the older female. If he had known beforehand that Nana was badly criticized by the audience for her personality, he would have been a helping hand and calmed her down.

Yoona’s lips slightly jut out. She is her roommate and Nana could have shared her problems with her. “You could’ve told me, Nana and somehow, I’ll help you.”

“It’s okay.” She looks at them in awkward manner. “I didn’t tell any one of you because I didn’t want to burden you with my problem. All of you are already busy with schedules and stuff.”

“What’s done cannot be undone, isn’t it?” She chuckles dryly, lifting the glass to for a small sip.

Eunji gives her a questioning look. “Unnie, how did you know about them disliking you?”

“I figured that out through internet comments by the netizens,” she explains. “Of course, there will always have both positive and negative comments. There are some that I will either read or skip.”

“Do you usually keep up with netizens’ comments?” asks Xiumin.

“Out of my group, I am the least concerned with those.”

Kai inquires, “Oh, so you mean you only read them more after appearing in Roommate?”

“After I started coming out in Roommate and Style Log.” She nods. “The reason is because I was unnoticeable before. I rarely came out on TV programs. So, a lot of people didn’t really know who I was. They didn’t know how I act and talk.”

“But now, I am more active on TV, people are seeing more of my personality and I kind of exaggerated it for entertainment. However, there are a lot of people who can’t get used to my personality and don’t like me.”

Victoria peers over her inquiringly. “Is there anything you do to comfort yourself and move on from their negative comments?”

“I’m slowly changing. A part of me is being more cautious and there is also a part of me that is becoming more sensitive to how I act.” A laugh escapes from her lips to cover the sadness. “Now that I know what they are thinking of me, there’s so much thought that goes into every single thing I say.”

“I am a human, so I couldn’t help but become scared.” Nana looks down at her feet. “I cannot simply disregard all that and that’s why I think that is my biggest concern lately.”

“Of course,” Hyunsik agrees. “Although we are idols, we are still humans with weak hearts. Sometimes, I’d love to simply dump the whole entertainment scene because I can’t stand of what they are saying to me and my group.”

“Even it is bitter, just swallow it,” Victoria says wisely. “They will stop talking once they are tired.”

“I think I have the same problem with Nana.” Yoona bites her lower lip. “If anyone of you recently read the news about me being cast for the female lead of drama Nodame Cantabile, you’ll see the long list of bad comments about me. I received a lot of backlashes. They didn’t want me to take the role just because I am deemed unsuitable for the role and my looks are not similar to the female lead of Japanese version. They don’t think I can pull it off the brazen, thick-skinned demeanour.”

“So what would you do then, noona?” L seems curious. “Would you still accept the casting?”

“I might likely not to.” Yoona pulls out an insipid smile. “I think anyone who were in my shoes, would have done the same thing.”

“It’s difficult being the centre of attention,” Nana heaves a sigh. “We’d always be criticized of whatever we do. One small mistake will lead to one thousand negative comments.”

Who knows the feast that night would to be a night where all honesty is shown, bringing their genuine hearts out and confessing what they have been holding back for all this time?

After the party finished late at 11.30 pm, everyone scurries to their rooms to wash up and get ready to sleep. Meanwhile, Nana is willing to wash all the dishes since the others are pretty tired. After all, she was the only one with no schedule today and it does make sense if she did the dishes.

As for Lu Han, he gives his two members a brief tour around the house. They roam the living room, kitchen, mini garden and downstairs before they goes upstairs and stride inside Lu Han’s room.

“The room is much better than ours!” is the praise that comes out from Kai’s lips. He admires the room so much. It is nice, serene and the light colours chosen are suitable for guys.

Lu Han only chuckles, has already expected that would be the younger male’s comment. They have gone through every place around the house and there has never been a bad comment from him. Meanwhile, Xiumin, on the other hand, opts to enjoy the house tour with sealed lips.

“I know, right?” He sits on L.Joe’s bed while they climb onto his bed. “You two can sleep here tonight and only come back to the dorm early in the morning.”

“You know we can’t do that, Lu Han-ah,” Xiumin giggles and Lu Han pouts his lips in reply.

“Umin hyung is right. We have individual schedule early in the morning.” Kai nods. “Still, I’d love to stay here for a couple of days next time!”

“No one wants to invite you!”

Kai sticks his tongue out at the eldest male and clings onto Lu Han. “Lu Han hyung is nicer than you! I’m sure he wants to let me stay here!”

“Why do you want to stay here?” questions the Chinese guy. “To stalk Nana?”

“Would love to,” he replies impishly. “But seriously, are you really close to Nana noona, hyung?”

“You think?”

“I think you are, hyung. I’ve seen both of you interact a lot in every episode. I mean, it’d be weird if I didn’t catch you two together in a single episode!”

“You can say that,” he agrees. “I’m pretty close to her.”

“What about the guys? Who are you closest to?”

Right on cue, L.Joe out of the blue comes out of the washroom and is bowled over to see the EXO members in the room.

“Sorry,” he blurts out. “I didn’t know you were here.”

“What are you doing inside there, L.Joe-ah?” Lu Han rises and walks after him.

“Uhm, I wash up and am getting ready to sleep.”

“Oh, really?” Kai and Xiumin stand up in unison. “Then go ahead! We are about to go home too.”

“No, you can continue talking to each other. I’m going outside for a while,” the Teen Top member refuses out of courtesy.

“It’s okay.” Xiumin grins. “We really are about to go home now. Our manager hyung’s on the way!”

“Really?” Kai is dumbfounded. “Manager hyung has just texted me saying he just went out of our dorm, hyung.”

Xiumin grits his teeth and impetuously slaps Kai’s back for his lack of common sense.

“Ouch!” Kai winces. “It hurts like hell, hyung!”

“You deserve it.”

Lu Han and L.Joe crack up in amusement at their cute bromance scene.

“Are you going home now?” Nana has just finished with the dishes when the three members pass by the kitchen.

“Yes, we’re going home now,” Xiumin says.

“I’ll go call the others-”

“It’s okay, noona,” Kai cuts her off.

Nana has her eyebrow furrowed in confusion.

“They probably are ready to go to sleep and it’d be appropriate to summon them just because we’re going home now,” explains Xiumin.

“Alright then,” says Nana. “I’ll just send your regards to them later.”

“Let’s go now, guys!” Lu Han grab their arms. “Manager hyung has probably arrived.”

“See you later and if you have free time, feel free to drop by here.” Nana gives her closing speech with a bright smile. “You two and the rest of EXO are gladly welcomed!”

“We will-”

“I will come here later and see you, noona!” Kai interrupts Xiumin’s unfinished words.

“Goodbye~” She bids in a sing-song voice. “EXO jjang!”

“Orange Caramel jjang~” Kai turns around and chants in the same tone, bringing Lu Han and Xiumin into laughter.

Nana chuckles giddily and after several minutes, Lu Han sends them off to the gate.

Interview

Lu Han: I’m happy the fact that Xiumin and Kai have come to the house, following Baekhyun, Chen and Sehun. As a member of EXO and a part of the show, I couldn’t help but be proud that they are nice enough to drop by as well as get to know all of my roommates.

Production Team: If you had another chance to bring the others who haven’t come to the house, would you call them up?

Lu Han: Of course, I will! *laughs*

Hyunsik has been fidgeting in the passenger’s seat ever since his manager picked him up at the house. His palms won’t stop sweating and he could not help but move back and forth aimlessly.

“Would you stop fidgeting, Hyunsik-ah?” The manager of his speaks through the driver’s seat. “If you keep on doing that, I don’t think I can drive safely.”

Hyunsik quivers to give him an edgy smile. Well, anyone would be in the state like he does if they were about to do something beyond expectation.

Right now, he is heading over to the SBS Building where music show, Inkigayo, will take place every Sunday. F(x) will make their first comeback stage at the said music show and as her roommate who is caring enough and wants to kill his leisure time, Hyunsik intends to make a surprise visit to Victoria and her group.

And that is well-explained the reason why the butterflies hit his stomach at the moment. He is afraid that the surprise visit will go ruined or Victoria has already known about his plan on visiting her.

“Since you’re nervous right now, I’ll play f(x) latest song, ‘Red Light’ to calm you down!” The manager mischievously plays the song only to make him even more anxious.

“Hyung~!” Despite the strident scream of anxiety, Hyunsik enjoy listening to the pop electronic song. The song itself has quite a resemblance to their label mates’ recent song, SNSD’s Mr.Mr and EXO’s Overdose.

Since he has listened to the song a few times after the album was released digitally and physically, he can already grasp when Victoria’s parts are coming out.

“What will you bring to Victoria-ssi and the rest of f(x)?” the older male asks when the car stops at the traffic light.

“Since I suppose they haven’t had meals since the morning, I prepare them some food.”

“You made it yourself?” His jaw drops in surprise.

“No, I’ll buy it,” he cracks up. “And hyung, please stop the car at Subway before going to SBS Building.”

“Aye aye, captain.” He should have not known that Im Hyunsik’s hands are made of metal which refuse to work with stove, frying pan and knife.

“Hyung, I was wondering if I could bring Victoria noona a bouquet of flowers, but I don’t know what type of flowers she likes.”

“Why don’t you search it online?”

“I did but no results found,” he groans in disappointment. “There was no interview or trivia regarding her favourite flowers, hyung...”

“Then you should give your member a call,” he suggests. “Perhaps they know what kind of flowers girls usually like.”

“Should I?”

“Up to you, Hyunsik-ah.” The manager pulls onto the side road to head over the restaurant. “If you want Victoria-ssi to feel touched, then you should think of it seriously. Take a note; girls like flowers and that includes her.”

The idol nods and follows his instruction. He fishes his cell phone out and dials his particular member’s number.

“Who are you calling, Hyunsik?”

“Minhyuk hyung,” and sooner later, the call gets connected.

“Minhyuk hyung!” He gets perked up.

“Hmm, what’s up?”

“What are you doing?”

“I’m at the gym,” he answers briefly. “Why are you calling me at this time?”

“Do you know what type of flowers girls would like?”

“Hmm, red roses maybe?” He lets out a laugh. “Haha sorry, Hyunsik-ah. I really have no clue since I’ve never given one to them.”

“Liar,” he replies sarcastically. “You’ve had a lot of girlfriends in the past!”

“Pfft, you don’t have to spill my secrets! I’m so dead if this is going to be airing someday!”

“I swear it will, hyung!”

Lu Han spares his time by browsing web and social sites while waiting for Yoona to arrive. He is already in front of SM Building (she has group practice beforehand), but she has yet to appear. Perhaps, the practice has yet to end.

“Is Yoona-ssi going to be late, Lu Han-ah?” His manager asks casually.

“I think so.”

“Then we’ll wait until she comes.”

Lu Han nods in agreement and says, “Alright, hyung.”

A moment later, a group chat room notification appears and he instantly clicks over it.

Sehun: Lu Han hyung~! Where are you? Why did you flee all of a sudden after we finished schedule?

Me: I have appointment today

Sehun:

Sehun: With who?

Kai: Is it with Nana noona?

Me: Nope

Baekhyun: Then with who, hyung?

Me: Sehunnie’s favourite SNSD noona

Xiumin:

Tao: Omg omg, Lu Han hyung has a date

D.O:

Kai: God thanks it’s not Nana noona

Chen: Lu Han hyung has indeed made an impressive progression!

Sehun: IT’S NOT FAIR YOU CHEATER HYUNG! YOU KNOW THAT YOONA NOONA IS MINE PFFT!

Suho:

Sehun:

Baekhyun: You’re lucky to go on a date with Yoona noona. I’d love to hang with her too

Sehun: Eww, go to your girlfriend, Baekhyun hyung!

Me: It’s not a date, guys

Xiumin: Then what is it? A friendly date between friends?

Lu Han has to go offline of the boisterous EXO’s chat room because Yoona has appeared at the van.

“Sorry cause’ I came out late,” Yoona blurts out apologetically, panting as she gets inside the van. “The practice ended late.”

“Nevermind.” Lu Han smiles genuinely and turns his gaze to the driver’s seat. “Hyung, we can go now.”

“Alright~” The kind manager replies in a sing-song voice and departs at once.

Another notification rings again and he could tell it is from EXO chat room.

Sehun: WHY AREN’T YOU REPLYING, LU HAN HYUNG?!!

Kai: He must be having fun with Yoona noona keke

Sehun: UGH

Chen: Poor our Sehunnie

Tao:

 “Why are you laughing all of a sudden?” A frown spreads across her face as she watches him staring at his cell phone.

“Look here.” He hands his cell phone over to her. “Sehunnie’s jealous because I’m going out with you.”

“Aish, that kid,” Yoona only chuckles at the thought of Sehun’s grim face right now.

“Where are we going to, Lu Han-ssi?” She still has no idea where the latter would bring her. As a matter of fact, she had not known he wanted to go out with her today. He just said it before she left home this morning for schedule.

“Didn’t you say the other day that you want to drink bubble tea, did you?” Lu Han shoves his cell phone into his pocket and stares at her inquiringly. “So today, I’m bringing you there.”

“Ah, you did say this thing before, but I forgot!” She emits a chuckle. “What is the store’s name, by the way?”

“Chatime,” he notes. “Have you ever heard of the name before?”

She shakes her head helplessly. “I haven’t.”

Lu Han is delighted at the fact. If Yoona had known about the famous, international bubble store’s name, it would not be fun anymore.

“Let’s go somewhere after we grab some bubble teas.”

He tilts his head. “Do you have place on mind?”

“Uhm, are you okay with amusement park?”

“I haven’t been there for a while, so sure let’s go there!” He grins broadly. “It’d be fun to go there!”

“Me too,” she agrees. “The last time I went there was during last year Christmas for a guerrilla date.”

“Oh, I see...”

The air inside the van has turned slightly breezy and filled with awkwardness because they have nothing more to talk to each other. Lu Han is at loss of ideas and so is Yoona.

“Uhm... you know...” In the long run, Yoona appears to be brave enough to ignite the conversation.

“Hmm?” Lu Han grimaces. “Know what?”

“To be honest, I’m afraid to go out with you,” comes her fidgety reply.

He is becoming clueless. “Why are you afraid?”

“You know, you’re the rising star these days and everyone will hat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter