Episode 10

Roommate: Idol Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EPISODE TEN - STOP STOP IT

“Unnie, do you think it’s okay for me to wear this today?” Yoona, who has had her make-up done, turns around at the older woman with a long sleeve denim shirt in her grip.

Victoria puts back her belonging on the floor and looks up at her. She scans the shirt briefly before nodding in approval. “It suits you and I think it’s completely fine for you to wear denim shirt today.”

“Really?” She puckers her lips, as though digesting her words for a few moments. In the long run, she opts for that shirt because it is so tiring to rummage her luggage to find apt clothes for herself. The task would have been completely easy if her stylist were along.

“Have you started packing up, unnie?” she asks after changing clothes and adjusts her hair in front of the dressing mirror. “I mean, we’ll come back after the last tour, won’t we?”

“I thought Lu Han said we’ll be going straight to the airport.” Victoria raises an eyebrow, slightly confused.

“Did he?” Yoona scratches her nape. She was reminded by L last night that they will drop by the boarding house after the last tour to grab their luggage before heading towards the airport this late evening.

“I’m not sure, but let’s just ask him later.”

Yoona nods. Either way, her luggage is not much of a mess and she just needs to grab her used clothes and toiletries into her luggage.

“By the way, it’s a pity that Eunji had to leave first,” Victoria says in despair. “We would’ve flown back to Seoul together if she hadn’t had a schedule today.”

“It’s indeed saddening, but it’s not that we won’t meet her in Seoul later, right?”

She could not help but agree. “That’s true.”

A second later, Nana comes out of the washroom and rinses her dripping wet hair with the towel.

“Nana, you literally took an hour for a shower,” Victoria comments and shortly, a laugh escapes Yoona’s lips.

“I wonder what she did inside there,” Yoona laughs again. Truth be told, she is Nana’s roommate, thus she knows the fact Nana tends to take long time in the washroom.

The mentioned girl just grins wordlessly, closing the door and moving to her luggage. However, on the spur of the moment, the door is swung open and L.Joe walks in.

To Nana’s surprise of the younger boy’s sudden appearance, she briskly sprints to the washroom and shuts the door close.

“What’s wrong with Nana noona?” L.Joe has his eyes wide open, flustered. “Why did she hide herself as soon as I got in?”

The two girls simply burst into laughter, only make it worse for L.Joe.

“Why are you both laughing?” he asks in agitation. “Do I look funny right now?”

Yoona, on behalf of Victoria, shakes her head. “Nana’s surprised that you suddenly came in, that’s why she quickly hid herself.”

“But why?”

“She still hasn’t put her make-up on,” Victoria pitches in.

“Oh.” L.Joe blushes slightly, finally understood the reason she hid herself in the washroom. She does not want him to see her bare face.

Interview

Production team: Are you not confident with your bare face, Nana-ssi?

Nana: Totally! *bursts into laughter* I believe not only L.Joe, but all the guys will start avoiding me if they see my bare face. I’m not very confident with it, so that’s why I’ve always been wary of it.

“Why are you here, by the way?” questions Yoona.

“Oh, Lu Han hyung wanted me to say if all of you are ready, then come out at once,” he tells the girls. “We’ll be leaving at 10.”

“Where are we now?” L.Joe asks as they hop off the taxi. He eyes the surrounding, but to no avail. Neither Lu Han nor L did previously inform them where the last tour would be. Nevertheless, he could see a big forest ahead with lots of people taking a walk around.

“This is nutmeg forest, L.Joe-ah,” L says, grinning.

“I’ve never been here,” Hyunsik pipes up.

Yoona laughs sarcastically at the BTOB member. “As if we’ve been here too.”

The boy sticks his tongue out. “Noona~”

“I think this is my first time taking a stroll in the forest in such early morning,” Lu Han says as they have stepped into the entrance of the forest.

“Oh, really?” Victoria turns to him, a bewildered expression on her face. “I was wondering why all of them seem so enthusiastic…”

“If it weren’t for this last tour, I’d have been at home, sleeping like a log,” Nana just voices out her thought, only to get an explosive response by them. They are all bursting into big laughter seeing how adorable her statement is.

Lu Han and his team members separate with L’s team. They go to the opposite direction, wanting to explore the other magnificent attractions of the nutmeg forest.

After they reach a certain part of the forest, they are surrounded by a set of wishing stone towers.

“Hyung, do you know what those towers are?”

“They are wishing stone towers, aren’t they?” Victoria simply guesses.

Lu Han nods. “Yes, that’s true. Those are wishing stone towers. People make a stone tower to make wishes.”

Nana watches the children collect the stone from the ground and make the tower. They later close their eyes and cast their wishes in front of the own-made wishing stone tower.

She asks, “If we do that, will our wishes be granted?”

The older male shrugs, as though he is not completely convinced by the myth. “Still, let’s make our biggest tree here!”

“Let’s do that!” Hyunsik seems utterly excited.

“Alright, let’s do that!” Victoria and Nana then join the boys to the specific place Lu Han has chosen.

“We are now walking down Hwangsansong,” L blurts out as they reach the walking place.

“Is it here, hyung?” L.Joe scrutinizes the place.

“That’s why I could clearly hear crumbling sounds,” Yoona says.

Hwangsansong is the crushed walking lane that heads to the nutmeg tree. Screeching, crumbling sound will be heard when people step on it. The walking place is a definitely must-do thing in the forest for many reasons. Visitors will be able to witness the picturesque scenery of the trees along the way.

Once they have stepped out of from the walking tree, they head to the vacant beach for a quick rest.

Lu Han, Hyunsik, Victoria and Nana are on their way to the search for Yeolliji tree; two trees that connect into one tree which is the best tree to have a wish on.

In front of the mentioned tree, they carefully build a wishing stone three so that wishes could be made.

“Let’s make our wish!” Nana utters when the tower has been built and in an instant, the four of them stand up in front of it and close their eyes before they make their wishes silently.

“I’m done!” Hyunsik says, opening his eyes when his wish has been made. The others follow him a few seconds later.

“What did you wish for, Hyunsik-ah?” Victoria’s eyes shine curiously.

“I wish for our health, noona,” the boy with the adorable eye smile answers. “I want all of us to be physically and mentally healthy. If one of us gets sick, we’d all be worried sick. I don’t want that to happen to any of us.”

“I think we’ve wished for the same thing, Hyunsik-ah!”

“Really?” It is amazing that they share the same wish. “It’s good, then! I’ll hope our wish will come true somehow!”

“I made a wish for myself, though,” Nana laughs in embarrassment, thinking how stupid of her to not include them in her wish.

“What did you wish for, Nana?” Lu Han seems interested.

“I’m curious too,” Hyunsik responds, equally interested. “What is it, Nana noona?”

“I wish I will get more famous and one day, people will get to know me if I appear in front of them!”

They crack up as soon as they listen to her wish.

“What about you, oppa? What did you wish for?” Nana questions the EXO member once they have stopped laughing.

Lu Han opts for a significant smile. “It’s a secret.”

They all gather at a famous restaurant in the heart of Jeju-do for lunch. They have not touched a food since they had kimbap made by Lu Han and Eunji this morning.

“It’s really delicious!” Hyunsik voices out, smile widely spread on his face. “The taxi driver really recommended us a nice food for our today’s lunch!”

Others nod in approval. All of them truly enjoy the lunch. Today’s lunch is black pork BBQ – one of Jeju-do specialties that other places do not have it. It is said to have a unique taste and quite distinct from other breeds of pig and forms the basis of some well-known local dishes. The pork is smoked over burning hay allowing the smoke to penetrate the meat juices resulting in a flavour quite unlike regular pork and the meat is somewhat chewier.

“But….” Yoona trails off, garnering the housemates’ attention. “I was wondering about something.”

“What is it, Yoona?” Lu Han asks, looking perplexed.

Victoria questions the same question to her. “What is it that bothering you, Yoona?”

“You know, this black pork’s indeed tasty, but you know...” Yoona presses her lips together into a wary line as she eyes them. “Who’s going to pay the bill? Do we have to split it among us?”

“Ah, we forgot about that!” L.Joe bellows. “This black pork BBQ must’ve cost a lot!”

“Guys, don’t worry about that because Lu Han hyung and I have planned something ahead of time.” L flashes a smirk at Lu Han and the older boy responds with just a smile.

“What is it?” Nana rolls her eyes. “Do we have to play a game or things like that?”

“How do you catch it so fast, noona?” L lets out a chuckle. “It’s true, though. We’ll be playing a game and the loser has to spend his or her credit card on the bill.”

“Aish, so this is the thing you’ve talked yesterday, eh?” Yoona clearly looks dissatisfied from her expression.

“You could’ve told us earlier, Myungsoo-yah,” Hyunsik butts indignantly. “If I’d known earlier, I wouldn’t have decided to eat all this!”

“Me too!” L.Joe and Nana join the i-shouldn’t-have-eaten-this-food team.

Interview

Production team: Did Lu Han-ssi and you prepare the game or did it suddenly come up on your mind, L-ssi?

L: Seriously, we did it for real! *laughs* Lu Han and I had prepared this right before we got here. I didn’t come up with the game plan just because I didn’t want to spend my money on lunch we had together.

“You know, I can pay for the bill… so we don’t need to play the game,” Victoria offers herself.

“Noona, you’re so kind-hearted!” Hyunsik grins widely. “May God bless you~”

“Noona, you can’t!” L crosses his arms over his chest. “We need to stick to the rule.” He then glimpses at the co-leader. “Right, hyung?”

“Uhm, that’s true,” the Chinese agrees. “L and I have planned this game before we got here, so it would be a waste if you guys didn’t want to play it.”

“Plus, it feels weird if Victoria noona pays for all of us,” he adds.

“I’m seriously fine,” Victoria answers honestly. “I think I haven’t spent money on you guys so yeah… this time, the lunch’s on me.”

“Fine, we’ll play the game,” Yoona says on their behalf after dwelling on his thought. It would look bad for them, though Victoria insists on paying the bill.

“Then… what would the game be?”

“I assure you guys, the game’s pretty easy,” L starts, taking a piece of penned paper from his backpack.

“How easy is that?” Yoona throws him a brisk question, looking at the younger boy with a nonchalant expression.

Lu Han speaks, “I wouldn’t say it’s easy, Yoona… because you know, we may not know much about ourselves.”

“Wait.” Nana frowns. “Is it a game that relates to ourselves?”

“That’s right!” A beam spreads across L’s face. “We’re going to play a simple game that relates to ourselves, as Nana noona suggested.”

“There will be 8 questions and each question will revolve around each one of us,” Lu Han elaborates as he reads the line from the paper which was given by his co-leader a moment ago. “My team will be up against L’s and the loser team has to pay the bill.”

L.Joe puckers his lips as he glances at Yoona. “Noona, I think our team’s kind of unlucky today since Eunji isn’t here with us.”

“I know,” she sighs. Yoona then latches her gaze at L. “L, will you be playing with us?”

“The leaders won’t be playing with our respective team since we need to read the questions and stuff.”

“I think we should play the game like you know, 2 vs. 2,” Victoria pitches in. “Since our team has three members while L’s lacks one, so here I will withdraw from the game. Hyunsik and Nana will compete against L.Joe and Yoona. How does it sound?”

The leaders discuss among themselves upon Victoria’s sudden request. Once they have done, L looks at the members and gives his final decision. “Fine, then. We’ll do as Victoria noona insisted.”

Lu Han thinks the same thing. “It’d be unfair for L’s team, wouldn’t it?”

“Then Hyunsik and I will be competing against L.Joe and Yoona, eh?” Nana asks, shoving freshly-wrapped black pork into .

“Yes.” Hyunsik nods in approval. “I hope we’ll win against them!”

“I’m not really confident, but I’ll do my best!” Yoona says afterwards.

L pats her back reassuringly. “Don’t worry noona! I have your back!”

“Then…” L looks at Lu Han. “Let the game begin!”

For the first four questions, it is Yoona from L’s team and Hyunsik from Lu Han’s team. The two will be up against each other and points will be accumulated if they give the right answer. Besides, if one gives a wrong answer, the other one will be given the authority to give his/her answer.

Lu Han stares at the first question on the paper. “Victoria noona is the only Chinese member of f(x). The question is…. how did she join the company?”

“Yoona!”

He bursts out laughing at the sight of the proud-looking girl, who has just screamed her name out loud. “So, Yoona… do you have the answer for the first question?”

“I have!” Yoona says smugly.

“I’m sorry, but I really don’t know what the answer is!” Hyunsik says to his team member, Nana. The latter replies with ‘it’s okay’ because she does not know the answer either.

“The question’s really hard, I must admit,” Victoria chuckles amusedly. “But if Yoona knew the real answer, then she’s really awesome!”

Yoona’s smile does not waver. “Unnie, I know the answer.” She later flashes her look at Lu Han. “The answer is… Victoria unnie was scouted at a dance competition in Beijing on September 2007!”

“Oh my God, that’s really true!” The older girl is in disbelief. Yoona manages to answer the question that she thinks no one of them knows.

Lu Han and others are incredulous as well.

“How’d you know the answer, noona?” Hyunsik raises an eyebrow.

The girl winks. “Tell me… how long have I known Victoria unnie?”

Victoria just smiles in delight.

The first round between Hyunsik and Yoona ended with a tie where both of them accumulated 2 points for each group.

Hyunsik succeeded in answering the questions about L and himself while Yoona, on the other hand, answered two questions about Victoria and Nana.

“I’m a fool when it comes to quiz,” Nana expresses as she steps forward to the final round where she will be up against L.Joe. “I don’t think I know everything about each one of us.”

“Just give your best shot, noona,” Hyunsik responds, chuckling.

Lu Han nods, approving his team members’ statement. “It’s okay if we lost, Nana. Just do your best. That’s what matters.”

“Fighting, L.Joe!” Yoona screams encouragingly. “Make sure we won’t be the ones who have to pay the bill!”

L.Joe does not know how to respond because he is in the same boat as Nana. He is not very confident that he will be able to pull it off.

“I will do my best,” he says at last.

“That’s right!” L says, ready to lead the final round. “You just have to do your best!”

And with that, the final round begins.

The result for the first question turns out like Nana had expected. L.Joe managed to answer it. Truth to be told, she knew L.Joe lived in the States when he was a teenager back then. However, she could not bring herself to remember the specific place he lived there. Thus, L.Joe answered the question effortlessly. He would know what the answer is because he was the one who lived there.

“It’s California,” he answers, a big smile on his face. “I used to live in California for five years. For the record, I moved in there when I was 12, but came back to Seoul at the age of 17.”

“The answer L.Joe just gave is undeniably right!” L says decisively and as if on cue, a big applause comes from his team. Yoona look obviously happy. She claps her hands to L.Joe and continuously says, ‘good job!’.

Nana, on the other hand, looks quite dejected. A sigh escapes her lips. “See? I’m very bad at quiz!” She puckers her lips, clearly irritated.

Lu Han laughs and so does Hyunsik. “Don’t worry. You’ll definitely answer the second question.”

Nana shrugs the older boy’s word, only to be shocked when the odds are surprisingly in her favour.

“Lu Han hyung has this pet peeve when it comes to something. He does not like anyone to be on…?”

“His bed!” Nana says within a second.

“How’d you know that, noona?” L rolls his eyes. Not only him, but everyone is startled when she knows the answers where no one knows it before. In fact, he only discovered it when he prepared for the question.

Lu Han laughs coolly, though one of his darkest secrets has been unveiled.

“EXO member came over to our house when we first moved in and they told me about that,” Nana reveals and recalls the moment where EXO’s Baekhyun, Chen and Sehun paid a surprise visit to the house when Lu Han and she were alone at home.

“What are you guys talking about?” Nana looks at their faces questioningly as she opens the lid and pours the fizzy cola in the glasses.

“We’re talking about you, noona.” Baekhyun has a wide smirk across his face.

“About me?”

“Yes, about you,” adds Chen voluntarily. “Who do you like the most amongst EXO members?”

Baekhyun and Lu Han turn his flustered gazes at him meanwhile Sehun is still getting carried away by the pizza.

She swallows the lump in nervously. “Uhm, can I be honest?”

“Of course you can!” Baekhyun chirps.

“Noona, have a bite first,” Sehun interrupts the heart-thumping moment by offering a slice of pizza.

Nana, on the other hand, despite is flustered by the sudden offer, takes the pizza from his hand and grabs a small bite before turning back to the question. “Actually, I quite have an eye for-”

“Me?” Chen chimes in, pointing his finger to himself with a giddy expression.

She lets out an amused laugh. “It’s D.O-ssi. I really adore his voice – it’s just soft and melodious. Especially when he sings ballad.”

Groans of devastation could be heard from their mouths, especially from Chen and Baekhyun. Meanwhile, Lu Han stays put and Sehun is still stuck his new friends, pizza and cola.

“D.O’s not here today!” Chen cries, the annoyance in his tone is so evident.

“I thought you like me, noona,” Baekhyun grunts. “I’m good at singing ballad too!”

“You two are nothing compared to Kyungsoo!” It is Lu Han’s time to intervene and the vocal line could only pucker their lips. Even though Nana did not pick him, he does not feel disappointed at all. It is based upon her preference, after all. She has the right to like any member of EXO.

“Noona, if you are curious about Lu Han hyung, just shoot me! I’m an open book and know everything behind the scene of hyung’s personal life!”

“Yah, stop that!” Lu Han barks, flushed. “You don’t need to burst out any of my secret!”

“Lu Han hyung tends to scream in his sleep. If you happen to hear him scream, you don’t have to be scared, noona. It’s just from hyung’s,” Chen says whilst giggling before Nana could bombard them with questions out of curiosity. “And tell you what, he really hates if someone’s on his bed. He’d seriously kick the person off at once.”

“I’ve known about his sleeping habit. L.Joe has mentioned it this morning but about the second one, I really have no idea.” She looks up at the stiff Chinese guy. “Oppa, I guess you were mentally thinking to kick me off when I was on your bed folding up your clothes, right?”

“No, I wasn’t, Nana-ssi.” He shakes his head fervently. “Don’t mind these kids’ words. They were just fooling around,” he adds between gritted teeth. If he has known that s are here only to embarrass him, he would have kicked them out in the first place, for God’s sake!

Interview

Production team: But why didn’t you get angry when Nana had once sat on your bed?”

Lu Han: How can I do that to a girl, right? *laughs again* After all, it’s Nana.

“I remember that moment where EXO came,” Yoona pipes up, thinking for a moment. “But I don’t remember they said about Lu Han disliking to have anyone on his bed.”

Nana emits a chuckle. “I guess you and the rest weren’t at home when we talked about it.”

“Nana noona, thanks for letting me know,” chimes in L.Joe. “After this, I’ll tell myself not to sit on Lu Han hyung’s bed again.” He does not have any idea that the latter hates it.

“You never sit on my bed, L.Joe-ah,” the lead vocalist of EXO tells the younger boy. “And if you did, I wouldn’t tell you off.”

“I don’t think you can do it, hyung,” Hyunsik says. “If one does something I dislike, I’d still tell him off even though he’s my best friend.”

Lu Han just smiles and does not refute his statement.

“So….for the second question, Nana got it right, am I right?” Victoria asks.

“Yes, unnie! I got right.” Nana jumps in delight. “Now it’s 1-1 between L.Joe and me.”

The third question follows and once again – as if a miracle, Nana nails it.

L.Joe pouts, seemingly dissatisfied. “How can I know Yoona noona’s favourite food? Nana noona can get it right because she’s her roommate!”

“L.Joe-ah, I got it right isn’t because of that reason, okay?” Nana says defensively. “Yoona unnie always ate ice cream so I thought the answer might be ice cream. That’s it.”

“Nana’s right, L.Joe-ah.” Yoona does not beg to differ despite the fact her team lost against her. “Nana must’ve known the answer because I always brought lots of ice cream home.”

“If Nana noona gets the last question right, then we don’t have to pay the bill!” Hyunsik says to Victoria.

Nana replies, “Don’t be so confident that I will get the last question right because I don’t know what kind of question about Eunji would come out.”

“If I get it right, then it’d be 2-2. A tie.” L.Joe has become resolute the moment Nana made a twist by nailing the second and third question.

“What will be if it turns 2-2?” Lu Han questions his co-leader after hearing what L.Joe just said. It may happen, but he does not prepare for the outcome.

“Then we’ll give another question to determine the winner,” answers L. “Now… are you ready for the last question?”

L.Joe and Nana nod in approval. Although they seem relaxed, they are actually afraid – chills send down their spine, anticipating what the last question would be.

 “The last question about Eunji is….” L stops, peeking a glance at the two contestants. “What is Eunji’s real name?”

Victoria scratches the back of her head. “Isn’t her name Jung Eunji?”

“Nope.” Hyunsik watches the two of them and he could deduce that they are clueless as others are. “Eunji’s is her stage name. I know, but right now, I can’t seem to remember her real name.”

“Jung Eunji?”

“Wrong!” L says at Nana’s attempt. “Now the chance’s given to L.Joe.”

L.Joe falls silent, trying to figure it out. He wonders if Eunji has told him her real name. At first, he thought ‘Jung Eunji’ was her real name as well.

“Can’t you just give them some hints, L?” Yoona butts in. “I think all of us don’t know what Eunji’s real name is.”

“If Eunji were here…” Lu Han says and laughs. “It’d be easy.”

“You know the answer, hyung?” L.Joe asks him.

“Of course I know. L and I made the questions ourselves.” The Chinese then looks at L. “Just give them a hint, L. I don’t think they’d know the answer without one.”

“Fine.” He nods. “It’s a common Korean name. That’s all I can say.”

“Jung Soyeon?” L.Joe tries, but to no avail.

“Jung Hana?”

“Wrong.”

“Jung Jimin?”

“Wrong.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter