Number 21

Literally

Based on this and recent delays in EXO's flights.


 

The plane had already been delayed three times and the air of the VIP waiting room was starting to get incredibly stifling. Taking another long sip of his second cup of straight black coffee, Jongdae’s eyes flitted over the members lazing around. Many were curled up in the stiff seats, catching up on rest and having found the dark patterned carpet boring a good couple hours ago. Of course, at this point, he was one of them. Up on his feet and wandering aimlessly to the soft sighs of boredom from the members. Then again, he had an endlessly interesting subject, he thought as his eyes found themselves training to the restless Chanyeol. He’d spent the last two hour shifting in his seat and fidgeting with his phone and had now settled on the few arcade machines lined up just a few steps outside the room.

Jongdae stood at the door, having shuffled there to watch his band member dominate Tekken 7 like he was born to do it. Which well, he was, since he'd been just as talented in high school.

After a few moments of watching him win match after match (10 win streak good god), Jongdae strided toward him and took a seat on the small stool beside him

 

“Come to challenge the master Chennychen? I’ll have you know I’m Yeonshinnae’s Tekken King” Chanyeol chuckled with a cocky smirk, eyes flickering over the screen.

 

“No thank you, I don’t want my heart pulverized.”

 

“Oh come on Jongdae. I didn’t realize you were such a wimp.”

 

The named man snorted as Chanyeol’s epic win streak finally ended with the computerized catgirl flinging Hwoarang up in the air with a high toned “Nyaaaaaa~!”

 

Jongdae found his eyes wandering towards to the rain blackened pavement outside, visible through the glass walls of their lounge room, making Chanyeol glance up at him from his grumbling at the screen.

 

“Wanna go out to the courtyard?”

 

After snorting at first, Chanyeol did a double take, eyes widened at the sheepishly grinning Jongdae.

 

“Wait, are you serious?”

 

He nodded in response. “I hear the rain her is clean. I want to feel the rain.”

 

“We’re in the middle of a thunderstorm and you want to stop and feel the rain?”

 

Jongdae couldn’t help but laugh at Chanyeol’s incredulous expression. “Is that a no?”

 

“...no. I didn’t say that did I?”

 

Laughing yet again Jongdae stood and beckoned the taller along, ushering him along to the door that lead to the darkened courtyard. They stopped just at the door, Chanyeol taking the time to zip Jongdae’s and his jackets up completely.

As soon as they pushed open the door and stood by each other they were welcomed with a facefull of pouring rain that pulled an involunatary laugh from them both.

 

“Manager hyung is going to kill us. If we catch a cold we’re screwed for the rest of this tour.” Chanyeol mumbled in amusement as he squinted at his shorter member through the pouring rain.

 

Jongdae paid his words no mind as he closed his eyes and let the droplets patter down his entire body.

Snorting in response to his silence, Chanyeol smirked instead, gaze scanning over the others peaceful face.

 

“Is this at least everything you hoped for..?”

 

Jongdae’s lips curled in a grin as he opened his eyes, bangs sticking to his forehead in unevenly from the moisture, gaze alight as it met with the taller’s.

Chanyeol’s smiled softened into something more affectionate as he felt fingers slip between his.

 

“.....yea. It is”