What Does it Come Down To?

In Love with My Bestfriend

"Yah, why are your eyes red?" Ma Ri asked, scanning your eyes as you try to break eye contact with her.

"N-nothing, it's probably dirt that got into my eyes." You lied, grabbing your backpack to go to P.E.

"I'm your friend, you can tell me anything. It feels weird that Taehyung is barely around you anymore and stuff, I mean he has other friends but he's always around you."

"It's just, just that I don't know anymore, with Taehyung and stuff. Ever since Hyo Jung transferred here, I always feel strange when I see Taehyung...and things got more hard on me when Jungkook confessed to me..." You said, sulking.

"Woah woah! What! J-Jungkook confessed to you?! Since when did you guys start talking? Daebak!" Ma Ri yelled, eyes wide.

"Remember when I wasn't here a few days ago, I was late to school waiting for Taehyung and I skid my knees running to school and then Jungkook appeared and he took me to an amusement park and that's where he confessed." You said, reaching the girl's locker room.

After 5 minutes of changing, you and Ma Ri head out to the field where everyone starts to run a lap. As you run, you see Jungkook catching up with you and you turn to smile at him and run faster. What seemed like a race between you and Jungkook, you became exhausted and went to get a drink of water.

"Nice run, beating me till the end, haha." He breathed, hands on his knees. Sweating so much, you flick water at him and he laughs.

"You would know since I'm athletic." You laugh and you realize that 2 girls are staring at you and Jungkook from afar and you try to pretend that you didn't see them.

"Don't let them get to you, if they bully you or anything, I'll save you." He said, coolly. Laughing, you go join Ma Ri.

"What was that about? Spending some time together or what?" She joked.

"It's nothing like that, besides, I haven't really given him an answer yet...I don't know how I feel at the moment. To be honest, seeing Taehyung, I feel confused right now." You said, sitting on the steps. Ma Ri doesn't say anything for a moment.

"I think...you're gonna find out the answer yourself, um I think I hear the teacher calling my name I'm gonna go now!" She yelled and runs off to the other classmates. Confused at what's going on, you hear someone clear their throat and turning around, Taehyung stands a few inches from you, hands in his pocket, looking down at his shoes. Taken back a bit, you stand up and start to walk until he tells you to wait.

"Can we talk for a sec? I jus want to say something." He said, walking towards you and gently grabs your hand to sit down. "Look, I know I haven't been riding you to school nor hanging out with you like we always do...and I'm sorry. I know how tired you are of hearing that word."

"I'm past that already, there's no reason bringing something up like this." You said, not looking at him. You breathe uneasily.

"The reason why I'm not around you is because of Hyo Jung. She's asking me everyday to help her catch up in her classes since she's only been here for 2 weeks and doesn't really understand what the lessons are about."

"Sure, she's just doing that because she's flirting with you." You murmur. He hears what you says and grabs your arm, making you surprised.

"What're you saying? Don't tell me...your - jealous? Seeing her around me, is that why you've avoided me and givi me the cold shoulder?" said Taehyung, curiously. "Do you, perhaps..like me?"

Feeling a bit frustrated, you get up. "Fine! Maybe I am starting to like you! Maybe I am jealous of her clinging onto you like you guys are dating or something! Maybe- maybe because seeing you has made me feel confused about everything." You slowly sob and you pound his chest, feeling like an idiot. Taehyung grabs you and tightly hugs you, as you cry on his shoulder.

"I-I didn't know you felt that way about me, even though we've been best friends for 17 years. I'm sorry for making you feel confused, sorry that I should've realized something was bothering you." He said, your hair. Moving back, he wipes your tears away. Slowly, you see him lean in and knowing what's going to happen, he presses his soft lips against yours, his thumb gently your neck.

As you pull away from the kiss slowly, you look at him like "what was that for?" Seeing that he got the message, he lets out a soft laugh and holds both of your hands.

"Let's just say that I cleared up your confusion and my way of saying, I miss you." He grins and hugs you again. Feeling your heart flutter, you embrace him and smile into his shoulder. "And to make up for my absenses, shall we go have tteobokki after school?"

"Of course, you still owe me for helping you with your homework." You said, letting go and pinching both his cheeks.