Reunited Friends Part 2

In Love with My Bestfriend

Sitting in 3rd period, you take notes as the teacher goes on about math. Behind you, you hear whispers and turning your head, you see Hyo Jung and Taehyung whispering to each other and laughing. Feeling a bit ticked off, you purposely push your textbook off your desk, making a loud 'thud' on the floor. The teacher stops and everyone in the class turns to look at you.

"S-sorry, my textbook slipped off the desk." You say, mumbling and the lesson continues on.

3rd period ended and everyone sighs with relief and heads for lunch. As you pack your stuff, Taehyung walks to you and you pretend that you don't notice him there until he clears his throat.

"Ready for lunch? I'm starving! Wah I almost fell asleep while Teacher Song was teach-" Before he could finish, Hyo Jung runs up next to him.

"Hi _________! Today is such a nice day, let's all have lunch together! I haven't been able to get to know you but just hearing from Taehyung talk about you, I wanted to be friends!" She said, cheerfully.

"Oh he has? Of course because we've been childhood friends since we were born." You said, not looking at her. Putting your stuff away, you head towards the door until you hear her almost loudly say trying to get your attention;

"I don't think she likes me...can you eat with me at lunch today?  I have no one to eat lunch with." She said, innocently.

"O-okay then..." said Taehyung and you see Hyo Jung clinging onto him. They head out where you stand but as they pass you, Hyo Jung bumps into your shoulder but pretends she didn't notice. Did she purposely do that to me or what?

Ma Ri, who has been watching the whole thing, runs to you, worried.

"Are you ok? I knew it! There was something about her that I didn't like when she transferred here." She suspiciously said.

"W-what are you saying? I'm fine." You said. Trying to show Ma Ri that you're alright, you both head to lunch.

"Yah, what's going on with you today? What happened earlier in class, I saw right through it. Are you...perhaps, developing a crush on Taehyung?" Ma Ri whispers and this makes you choke on your food.

"B-bwo?! Are you crazy! How can I like my best friend, whom I've known ever since I was born!" You soflty yelled.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that. There will be some times when you'll develop feelings for someone, even if it's someone you're close with."

"Can we...not talk about this, please?" You said and you get up to throw your lunch but as you turn towards the trashcan, you accidently bump into someone and you fall on the ground.

"Sorry! I didn't see you coming!" said a voice. You look up and you see that it's the one guy who is popular in your P.E. class, Jungkook.

"No, I'm sorry, I wasn't aware of who was around me and I was busy talking." You said, picking up your trash. He bends down and helps you with your trash but then you and Jungkook accidently bump each others forehead and you wince. Rubbing your head, you hear Jungkook laugh and you look at him with confusion.

"I'm sorry, it's just that first we bumped into each other and now this. What a weird lunch, haha." He grins and still looking at him, you also laugh.

"It's cool, this is the first time its happened to me." You said and seeing him get up, he lends a hand and you grab his hand and he pulls you up. You say thanks and head to the trashcan to throw your trash. You see him follow you and it seems like he wants to talk to you.

"Yes? Is there something you need?" You ask, blankly.

"What, is it weird that a guy like me, whom you see in P.E. everyday is actually talking to you? To be honest, you're really athletic and not many girls in our class are like that, I find that cool about you." He said, taking out a lollipop from his pocket and sticking it in his mouth.

"Well, it's a bit weird because we barely know each other and it's the only class I have with you." You said, crossing your arms.

"Let's talk sometimes, I just want to be friends. I'll see you around?" He grins, and you nod your head. He smiles and says goodbye and walks off.

School ends and again, you end up walking home alone. As you walk, someone taps you on the shoulder and turning to see who it is, your eyes go wide when you see that it's Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, Jin, and Jimin, all from your middle school.

"OH MY GOSH! YOU GUYS! It's been forever! What are you guys doing here???" You yell excitedly, hugging each person and pinching their cheeks so hard, they start complaining but you laugh it off.

"Wanting to see you and Taehyung of course! It's been 5 years since we all seen you guys. But...where's Taehyung?" Jimin asks, his arm around Yoongi. Your ethusiasm fades and you turn to start walking.

"He's not here, he got caught up with something at school, which explains why I'm alone."

"Ayy don't be like that, even when we're here! I have an idea, let's go out for tteokbokki and soondae! Remember that one shop we would ALWAYS go to when we were in middle school? That place always made the best tteokbokki." Hoseok added, hoping up and down. Suddenly, you remember that Taehyung promised to buy you tteokbokki too, but thinking about it, he's probably busy. Everyone agrees and heads to the shop.

As you guys order tteokbokki and soondae, everyone laughs and talks as the food comes and even joke around. Forgetting about Taehyung, you have fun being around your friends that you haven't seen in a while.