Promise

Different Reflection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “Why are we here, HaNa?” Kai asked as he looked around, afraid of the crowd recognizing him even though he was in perfect disguise. He was wearing a red snapback as he pushed his fringe to the back and also a mask. His outfit was as usual, a black shirt, short and also a pair of slippers. He had no schedule on that day that made him available for HaNa to meet him at a recreation park near the company. HaNa just finished her practice that day and that was the reason she asked Kai to meet her there. She was relieved that Kai was free by the time she called him. She did not want to burden him but she had to call him to meet her. After spending the night talking with her boss, HaNa finally gathered the strength to confront Kai about his confession. She could not make him wait for her answer just like that when she was already aware of her own feeling.

            “Urm… Kai…” HaNa paused for a moment as she suddenly felt nervous to say the thing she had planned to say in her mind. They were sitting on a bench, facing the fish pond and the atmosphere was very calming but it did not help her at all. A guilt was clinging on her heart regarding the thing she was going to tell him.

            “What’s wrong, HaNa? Just tell me what’s bothering you.” Kai said with his soft yet deep voice that made HaNa felt guiltier. She admitted that Kai was a nice person and every girl would die to be in her place. She knew if anyone ever heard about what she was going to say, they would have shoot her in the head for being stupid. But feeling could not be forced, right?

            “Urm… well, it’s about the thing you tell me at the café that day.” HaNa said and immediately looked down as she was cupping her knees. Kai smiled when she mentioned about what happened at the café. He was planning to confess again since she pretended not to know about it. However, hearing that she was going to talk about it made him felt excited and nervous at the same time.

            “Okay. So what about it?” Kai asked as he leaned a bit to see her face closely. She was avoiding his eyes and it made him more nervous. Her reaction was telling him that it was a yes and it could be also a no. HaNa gulped while calming her nervous heart. She felt like wanted to hit her chest to relief the feeling she was feeling but it would be too outrageous. It took her a few seconds to finally turn her head to look at Kai’s face.

            “I… I’m sorry I don’t feel the same as you. I… I already have someone in my heart.” HaNa said and observed Kai’s face. He was stunned for a moment before his lips formed a smile, making HaNa frowned a bit. Well, she did not expect that kind of reaction from him though. It was not like she was expecting him to cry and beg on his knee but at least he could ask her why, how or whatever question.

            “It’s okay then.” Kai said and laughed a little. HaNa did not know whether he was faking it or not but his laugh looked sincere. He still had that bright expression on his face too.

            “You… you’re not upset about that?” HaNa who was dumbfounded by his reaction asked him but she did not realize that the structure of her question would make Kai misunderstood. Luckily Kai was nice to quickly und

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter