The offer

Errors, accidents and friendship lines

                

 

            If you would look up the word confusion in a dictionary you would definitely find Mark’s photo underneath the explanation. After the kiss the redhead was a bit confused. Well, a bit if you look at it just for a second. Mark was really confused. The last time he was this confused was when his mother had forced him to go on a blind date with her co-worker's daughter.

 

 

            After the kiss the redhead had awkwardly asked Jackson if they could reschedule their project for another day because out of nowhere he felt sick. Of course Mark didn’t tell the Hong Kong native that the slightly younger male was the one to be blamed. He didn’t tell him how his stomach flipped ten times when Jackson kissed him or how his heart was about to jump out of his chest as the Hong Kong native caressed his neck.

 

 

            Mark was through roughly confused with the whole situation. Before, he was sure that this was a mere crush because Jackson was a tease and that the Hong Kong native simply picked on him because the redhead was shy and always blushed when someone complimented him. But now, Mark doesn’t really know what to think anymore.

 

 

            Mark was trying to avoid Jackson at all costs both in school and during his free time. He even skipped some of the practices of their group just so he wouldn’t have to face the Hong Kong native.

 

 

           He tried to be as discreet as possible with the matter, but really, Mark wasn’t the slyest person in the world. Heck, even Yugyeom was slyer than him. After the second day of the redhead’s ignore Jackson mission Jaebum had already asked Mark if something was wrong and if maybe someone was bullying him.

 

 

            The redhead of course made up an excuse that he simply wanted to spend more time studying and revising for their exams. Jaebum didn’t really buy it, but he knew that Mark will come to him when the time will be right.

 

 

            Mark was prone to cause awkward situations, and the opportunities doubled after his kiss with Jackson.

 

 

            He would stutter and blush whenever the Hong Kong native would try to talk to him or when he simply looked at Mark. And don’t even get him started on Jackson’s smirk whenever he caught the redhead looking at him. It’s as if Jackson was basking in the fact that Mark actually liked him. And he probably was. Jackson had a huge ego.

 

 

            The redhead tried to minimize the time he had spent in the same room as Jackson, but it didn’t really work that well. They had half of their lessons together and Mark’s luck again. Jackson just had to sit either next to him or behind him during the lessons the two of them shared. And of course the Hong Kong native was nowhere near shy or reluctant when it came to teasing his slightly older friend.

 

 

            When the bell rang, Mark sprang up from his seat and rushed to pack up his things. He sneakily packed all of his notes and books while the teacher wasn’t looking so that he would spend less time to pack after the bell and there would be fewer chances for Jackson to talk to him.

 

 

            The redhead turned around to glance at the Hong Kong native when he was about to go out of the class room and he froze in the middle of the doorway. Jackson was looking at him with furrowed eyebrows and he was biting his bottom lip as if he was trying to figure something out.

 

 

            When their eyes met, Jackson took a step towards the exit of the classroom, not breaking the eye contact, and Mark’s breath hitched. He had to get out because if he didn’t he wasn’t sure if he would be able to not make a fool out of himself in front of the whole class.

 

 

            Without thinking, the redhead spun around and darted out of the classroom, leaving a confused and slightly frustrated Jackson behind.

 

 

            Mark ran past Jinyoung and BamBam as the two were making their way down the hall. He didn’t turn around when the Thai boy shouted his name or when Jinyoung said that they will not have practice that day.

 

 

            The redhead calmed down just when he had reached his home. His heart was beating rapidly and he was sure that he was close to having a heart attack. He didn’t even bother to lock the doors of the house after himself and threw his body onto the sofa in the living room.

 

 

            It was Friday and the redhead didn’t have to see Jackson for the whole weekend. He let out a sigh of relief and buried his face into the decorative pillows that his mother had liked so much.

 

 

            His parents were still away on their trip and they were supposed to come back the next week. Mark was planning to order some pizza and to simply laze around the house. Maybe watch a movie or two. Maybe have a Marvel movie marathon. He could even invite Yugyeom over. The maknae of the group was always willing to come over to Mark’s house. The redhead knew that one of the reasons was because Yugyeom could eat as much as possible and that the older male couldn’t mind that. Plus, they did have a really close hyung – dongsaeng relationship.

 

 

            Actually, Yugyeom was the only person that managed to not get on Mark’s nerves when he did aegyo. Mark wasn’t really a fan of aegyo, but with Yugyeom it just happened naturally. One of the reasons why he didn’t like aegyo was because he had a soft spot for cute things. And he knew that both BamBam and Jinyoung would use it to their advantage. Heck, Jackson would use it too, but from what Mark saw, the Hong Kong native couldn’t do aegyo to save his life.

 

 

            Nothing interesting was on and Mark lazily flipped through the channels. He surely wasn’t going to watch anything connected to teens and their pregnant lives. (I do not have anything against that show. But a guy probably wouldn’t want to watch it.)

 

 

            The pizza the redhead had ordered was half finished as he finally settled to watch The Amazing Spiderman. He had the DVD for quite some time already but he never really watched it. He remembered that Jaebum had told him that they will watch it together but oh well. It was the light haired male’s loss.

 

 

            Mark tried to concentrate on the movie, but every few minutes his mind would drift back to the kiss that he had shared with Jackson. The redhead would remember the way their lips had fitted so perfectly. And the way Jackson’s tongue felt when he ran it over the redhead’s lips.

 

 

            The redhead wondered why the Hong Kong native had kissed him in the first place. And yes, he knew that Jackson swung both ways. He had seen him with both males and females. But what Mark didn’t understand if why would Jackson kiss him? The Hong Kong native had never shown any interest in him, so why now? Was it some kind of a sick game that the slightly younger male was playing? Or did he make a bet with someone? The redhead was sure that BamBam was behind this. That kid was scary when he wanted to be.

 

 

            One of the reasons why Mark has been avoiding Jackson was because the Hong Kong native swung both ways. The redhead was afraid that one day the slightly younger male could simply turn around and decide that he liked being intimate with females more than with males. And it scared the redhead because that meant that he actually liked the Hong Kong native a bit more than he wanted to admit.

 

 

            He was afraid that Jackson was simply messing around with him. He didn’t want to fall further just to be brought down. He has been there and it was not a place that the redhead wanted to visit again.

 

 

            Mark was so deep in his thoughts that he missed the knocking on the doors. He missed the second and third knocks too. He didn’t even hear as the handle of the doors was jiggled and that the person had actually opened them and had entered his house.

 

 

            There was no light in the living room and Mark’s face was illuminated by the bluish glow the TV had provided. His eyes were half lidded as he stared off into space and his lips were slightly parted. Mark’s hair looked darker in the dim light and the person that was studying him let a grin cross over his handsome face. The redhead was definitely a sight to look at. He was cute without trying and he was handsome no matter what. He was even attractive when he slept, with his mouth open just a little bit and his eyelashes casting a shadow over his cheeks.

 

 

            The mysterious person walked to stand behind the couch and covered the redhead’s eyes with his palms.

 

 

            Mark was suddenly jolted out of his thoughts and he shrieked when he couldn’t see anything. Fingers were pressed onto his eyes so that he wouldn’t open them and the redhead tried to trash his head around. He heard a chuckle from behind him and his eyebrows furrowed. He had definitely heard that sound somewhere.  

 

 

            The person behind him leaned down so that his lips were brushing against the paralyzed male’s ear and his breath ghosted over his earlobe. Mark shuddered at the sensation and tried to pry the hands away from his eyes.

 

 

            ‘You shriek like a girl.’ Finally the redhead managed to pry the person’s fingers away and he sprang to his feet. He already recognized the voice of the intruder. What in hell was Jackson doing in his house?

 

 

            ‘Did you just break into my house?’ Mark’s voice trembled and his fingers tugged at the material of his shirt nervously. He was standing in front of Jackson, only the couch separating them.

 

 

            ‘Not my fault you don’t lock the doors. Anyone could walk in, be happy that it was only me.’ Mark scoffed and he didn’t notice that Jackson had actually walked around the furniture and was standing in front of him until the Hong Kong native turned him around by his shoulders.

 

 

            The redhead looked at the slightly younger male in confusion and he saw how a grin made its way onto Jackson’s face. The only thing Mark wanted to do was to run away. Maybe to kiss the grin away from the Hong Kong native’s face too, but he would never admit to that. At least not loudly.

 

 

            Mark was about to turn away and to make some distance between them when Jackson tugged the redhead into himself and without any warning crashed his lips onto the LA native’s plump lips.

 

 

            The redhead was stunned and his eyes widened when Jackson darted out his tongue only to retreat it again and to Mark’s bottom lip into his mouth. The Hong Kong native nibbled onto the redhead’s flesh and Mark swore that his lips were going to be swollen in the morning.

 

 

            He managed to shove the Hong Kong native away only to get his neck attacked by Jackson’s lips. It felt a bit uncomfortable, but the sensation wasn’t unpleasant. Mark’s blood was pumped a bit faster and he could feel himself blushing.

 

 

            When he finally managed to get away from the Hong Kong native, he glared at Jackson while holding onto his abused neck. The younger male grinned in satisfaction and Mark shook his head. What was happening?

 

 

            ‘Jackson, what the hell?’ The Hong Kong native grinned even wider, if that was possible, and his eyes twinkled in mischief. Mark was sure that whatever Jackson was going to say will make him regret ever befriending him.

 

 

            ‘I have a proposition.’ The redhead raised an eyebrow because he wasn’t sure that he would be able to voice out his question. Jackson took it as his cue to talk and he made himself at home on the couch.

 

 

            ‘I want to experiment with a . And well, you are the only that I know closely.’ The redhead choked on his spit and he started blushing.

 

 

            ‘What about Yugyeom and Youngjae?’ Jackson’s grin turned into a smirk and he made his way to stand in front of the redhead. The Hong Kong native leaned closer so that his lips would be brushing against Mark’s ear and chuckled throatily.

 

 

            ‘Your reactions are cuter than theirs.’ 

 

 


 

 

And now dear readers I will take my time to write the next update while trying to balance out my time for the novel. Hope you will be okay with waiting.