004

Love Is But A Game (Hiatus)

[Kyungsoo’s POV]

"You have a class meeting coming up, are you going?" Suho showed me a pretty little letter decorated with golden glitter.

"Since when did you become my manager?"

"Since forever. Now tell me if you're attending it or not."

"Nah I think I'll pass." I switched to lying down on the couch.

"Why?"

"Because most of the people there are going with dates and I don't want to go there looking like some forever alone person."

"Did you forget that you actually have a date?" Suho smiled cheekily.

"You don't mean Jihyun?" Kyungsoo thought that the older was joking but the look on his face said it all. "Seriously?"

"Think about it, you use your dorky charms to invite her to the class meeting, maybe impress her there, and bam, you have her falling head over heels for you."

"I don't need these kind of tricks to win her over, she's already throwing herself at me."

"Don't be so confident, just finish it as fast as you can before she finds out that you're actually cheating her."

"But that means I have to use my real name."  I thought of the possible dangers of using my real name, but shrugged them off when Suho told me that it was alright.

"Use it just this once."

"Fine, I'll ask."

🎯

[Jihyun’s POV]

“Whoa, I think fate really wants us to know each other, this is the… fourth time we met?” I was getting my lunch when Kyungsoo appeared in front of me.

To be honest, I was surprised that I would encounter him here, as most of the time, I would be the one checking his whereabouts. I hurriedly smiled back and bowed.

“Hello um… I’m afraid I never had the chance to know your name.”

“It’s Kyungsoo.”

“Oh hi Kyungsoo-ssi! So since it’s fate for us to meet so many times, can I shamelessly ask for your number?”

“Haha of course you can! You’re so funny!”

“Thank you! Here’s mine. So can I still treat you lunch?”

“Well… if you insist.”

🎯

“Guess what Baekhyun? I got our cute little target’s phone number.”

“He’s cute? Then what am I?”

“Hm, you’re… girly?”

“Hey!” He slapped my arm lightly, “I’m not girly okay?”

“Says the one who wears eyeliner all the time!”

“It looks good on me!” He huffed before turning away with his arms crossed.

“I was just kidding about you being girly, okay?”

“Well I take jokes seriously and you’re in for trouble now.” He stepped closer to me and smirked.

“What are you gonna do?” I stayed unfazed by his actions.

“I’m going to…” he took a big step and stopped right in front of me, “make you regret what you said.”

“And what-”

He cut me off by tickling my sides.

Tackling me to the ground, he poked at the sides of my abdomen relentlessly while I tried to wriggle out of his hold. I was laughing so much that tears were spilling out from my eyes.

“Baek stop…”

My voice was muffled by the laughter I was trying to suppress.

“Not until you regret your words.”

“Okay, I… regret… now stop!”

He stopped and got off me once the words left my lips.

“That’s better.”

“You are such a childish manager.”

“Say that again?” He dared me, eyes taunting me to do so.

“You are such a-”

He didn't let me finish my sentence as he pounced on me again, attacking my sides.

🎯

[Kyungsoo's POV]

“Kyungsoo-yah, have you asked her yet?”

“Hey, I need time to let her warm up to me.”

“You can use sympathy to do that.”

“How?”

“Lie to her. Say that you’ve been dumped by your girlfriend recently and gain a sympathy vote.”

“That’s actually a pretty good idea.”

“Sometimes Kyungsoo-yah, I don’t know whether you are the one who’s out in the field or I am.”

“Well I’m the one with the better acting skills.”

“And the better flincher when women ‘touch places they shouldn't’.” Suho teased as he laughed at his own joke.

“Can you stop talking about that?” I snapped before sending a glare.

🎯

"Is there something bothering you?" I pretended to not have any appetite, causing that girl, Jihyun, to get all concerned about me.

"Oh it's nothing really."

"C'mon, tell me."

"It's just that I have this class meeting coming up and I have no date because I was dumped by my girlfriend recently."

"Oh..."

"I think... I'll not go."

"What? You should totally go! You know what? How about I be your date for that evening?"

"Really?"

"Yes! Just brief me on the details when the day comes closer okay?"

"Sure!"

I chuckled inwardly. This was going too smoothly, I don't even need to put in any effort and I already have her around my fingers. I guess she was that desperate to forget Sehun huh?

 

Yo guise, in case you didn't understand the plot, basically it’s that both Kyungsoo and Jihyun are sent to break each other’s hearts, Kyungsoo knows that Jihyun is also a fraud, but both don't know that they’re the targets of one another. So tell me, do you ship Kyungji or Baekji? Let me know okay? ^.~