003

Love Is But A Game (Hiatus)

[Kyungsoo’s POV]

“Hey Suho-hyung, you remember my latest target?”

“Of course I remember, I keep track of all your stuff.” He continued typing away on his laptop.

“I think she’s in love with Sehun.”

“What? You mean she’s regretting her actions to cheat his feelings?” He stopped in his tracks and turned his chair so he could face me.

“I think so. I saw her yesterday by the river and she was crying-”

“You saw her yesterday?” He raised a brow at me.

“Yes, and she was-”

“And you didn't tell me?” He started his chin as if there was a non-existent beard there.

“Oops, must’ve slipped my mind. Can you let me finish?” I stated, annoyed at the fact that he kept cutting me off.

“Okay, go on.”

“So anyway, she was crying alone by the river and she even attempted to kill herself by jumping into the river. And guess what she was upset about? Losing her relationship with Sehun.” I summarised the happenings of the day before.

“Isn’t that great?” He clapped his hands in joy.

“What is?” I was baffled by his reaction.

“If she’s really heart-broken, it would be easier for you to enter her life. Once you gain her trust, you can start chasing her, then when she fully gives you her heart, boom, you can crush it again.”

“That’s a pretty good idea hyung. But still, let’s not forget that she’s also a fraud and it would be more difficult to break her heart than normal girls.”

“Well, it all depends on you now Kyungsoo-yah, go for it!”

🎯

[Jihyun’s POV]

“I think I used up all the tears in my tear ducts for the month.” I stared at my reflection in the mirror, accessing the degree of puffiness of my eyes.

“It was worth it.” Baekhyun passed a cup of hot chocolate to me. Ah Baekhyun, he always knew what could help me feel better.

“True, he already thinks that I’m some weak and helpless girl who just got her heart broken.” I blew on the cup of hot beverage before taking a sip.

“Keep it up and soon, you’ll get close to his heart, then when the time comes, you crush it.” He clenched his fist, as if my target’s ‘heart’ was in there.

“I don’t need you to tutor me, I’m more experienced in the field than you.” I sassed.

“Hey, if you didn't have a manager like me, you wouldn't have made it this far.”

“Meh, I think I’ll survive on my own.”

“No you won’t, you need me to clean up your messes.”

“Mehrong.” I stuck my tongue out at him. “I still don't get why you gave up two years of your time just to attend the same year of school with me. You could’ve done something more productive.”

“I didn't want you to feel alone. Who knows what you’ll be up to without me?” He poked my forehead.

🎯

"Oh hey." I greeted our dear Do Kyungsoo when I ‘coincidentally’ bumped into him. When I say ‘coincidentally’, I meant following him for the past two hours before picking a right time to show up.

"Hey. Are you still doing fine?" He seemed a little shocked to see me.

"Yeah thank you for that. I think I would really have died if it wasn't for you."

Well, I wouldn't have jumped for real anyway.

"No problem."

"I want to treat you to a meal, if you're free now." I looked up at him innocently, hoping that he would accept my offer.

"Oh no need for that. You can maybe give me your name instead?" He tilted his head, staring at me with those huge eyes of his. It’s like he’s staring right into your soul.

"Oh I'm so rude. It's-"

"Oh my god, is that you Jihyun?" An obnoxious voice was heard.

God damn it.

"Jihyun-ah! You've changed so much! I almost couldn't recognise you!" My former classmate held me by the shoulders and twirled me around.

I would've preferred if you didn't.

"I think I'll leave you to do whatever you were doing, bye Jihyun-ssi!" He waved, to which I returned the gesture.

God damn he knows my name. He's not supposed to know my name.

I turned to my annoying ex-classmate and glared at her. "I don't remember being friends with you in high school."

"Oh well it's always nice to see people you know from the past. Have you switched from Baekhyun? Or is this an affair behind his back?" She crossed her arms and said in an irritating tone before finishing it off with that signature giggle of hers.

"Mind your own business." I snapped before trying to walk off as arrogantly as possible.

🎯

“Stupid Hyemin, I swear to god she can go jump off a cliff.” I cursed at her to my heart’s content.

“Slow down there, what happened?”

“Just when I was going to tell Kyungsoo my fake name, Hyemin came out of nowhere and called me by my real name! This is so infuriating!” I slammed my fists on the couch I was sitting on.

“Well I guess we’ll have to use your real name for this case then. And you don't have a feud with the couch so stop hitting it.”

“Do you know what’s even more enraging? She talked about you.”

Baekhyun stiffened for a second but quickly shook it off before I could see it.

“Oh really? What did she say?”

“As always, she talked about the relationship between the both of us. I can’t believe we were good friends with her once. To think that she actually spread rumours about us dating in high school.”

“Did she mention anything else?”

“Nope, I went away before my ears become polluted with her annoying voice.”

“Oh…” Baekhyun seemed to huff a sigh of relief when I said that.

“I hate her.”

“Me too.”

 

Ooh, what happened between Baekhyun, Jihyun and Hyemin in the past? And Jihyun doesn't actually know that Hyemin actually helped her unknowingly… Stay tuned~