002

Love Is But A Game (Hiatus)

[Kyungsoo's POV]

"That's interesting. Someone hired me to seduce another fraud." I took a huge bite of my bread as I looked through the profile of my next client and the supposed target.

"What's her name?" Suho perked up, surprised at the strange mission.

"Cho Jihyun."

"Oh her? She's like you, she doesn't go all the way in her cheating business, which means she doesn't sleep with people to get what she wants." He explained.

"Hm interesting indeed."

"So you accepting?"

"Of course, I don't turn down challenges. I wonder if she's still a though."

"Are you serious? Focus!" I glared at him when he landed a smack on my head.

"Pfft, if she's so careless to have a previous client find out her real name and identity, she's not experienced enough."

"Says the one who couldn't handle it because ladies were touching places they were not supposed to." He imitated the time I almost cried because the lady I was supposed to cheat tried to bring me to bed. Almost. God I hate it when he does that. Can’t he let me off after more than two years of teasing?

"Hey, I'm trying to keep my modesty intact."

"Yeah yeah whatever. Seriously you've been on the field for three years, you should be used to it already." He said it as if it was a normal thing to happen.

"Well I'm not, so what can you do about it? Then how many years has she been out there?" I tried to change the subject.

"Two years, she's twenty this year. Started the same age as you. Since she's a fraud, she would check up on you. I have already set up a fake profile of you so she'll think that you're just some commoner."

"Where will I go without my lovely hyung?"

"Don't use those sweet words on me, they don't work. Save them for your next target."

I recalled as I walked away from the coffee shop where she almost spilt her coffee on me. Who knew that meeting her would be so easy? It’s like she’s coming at me herself. Well, that just makes my job a lot easier.

🎯

[Jihyun’s POV]

"Are you sure this will work?" I asked doubtfully.

Since the plan I tried the day before didn’t work, Baekhyun had thought of another idea. Though I’m not quite sure of the success rate of this last-minute scheme…

"He takes a jog there every day, just sit at a corner and cry to get his attention."

"I don't know if I can trust you."

"You have no choice, now go."

I situated myself in a strategic spot, he had to spot me from here.

"Alright, he's approaching." He spoke with urgency.

"Okay. Wait, how do you know?"

"Uh..."

"Did you follow me?" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"I just wanted to see whether my plan will work. He's really coming, start crying now!"

I dug deep into my head and allowed sadness to flood my heart. Within seconds, I was sobbing. I hugged my knees and rested my head on them. I could have smiled when I heard footsteps coming my way, but if I did, it would thwart the whole plan. So I kept my little achievement to myself and continued sobbing.

"He's right beside you, time for action." You heard Baekhyun say.

"Hey, are you alright?" The unfamiliar voice asked with a tone laced with worry.

I peered up slowly, my eyes red from the crying.

"Do I look like I'm alright?"

"Oh it's you again."

"Look out to the river and shout 'why do I deserve this'." Baekhyun ordered.

"Why do I deserve this?" I screamed out to the river, just like what Baekhyun told me to do.

"Hey calm down okay?"

"Attempt to jump into the river." He commanded once again.

I widened my eyes at the command but quickly reverted back to my crying self, hoping my target didn't notice.

"I said attempt, not jump." Baekhyun said after noticing my hesitance.

Ugh fine.

Leaping for the railings, I pushed half my body over it.

Please stop me before I jump. Please stop me before I jump. I chanted in my head as I prepared to jump.

I was about to throw myself off when I felt a pair of strong arms wrap around me and pulled me to safety.

Thank goodness. I heaved a small sigh of relief.

"Whatever happened, it's not worth it to just throw your life away like that."

Great, what do I say now?

"Describe the previous target that's around the same age as him."

"I made a huge mistake. I was stupid to let him go." I was trying to buy some time for myself so I could recall my previous young target.

"Whoever that is, you should cherish your life."

Who was it? Who was it? Ah bingo!

"I hurt Sehun so badly, now I'll never get him back!" I wailed loudly, not caring about my image anymore. Well, I had to make it seem as real as possible right?

"Don't kill yourself over one guy, you still have so much ahead of you."

"It's too late for me now. I should just die." I buried my head in my hands.

"Miss, you have to calm down and think properly." He patted my back, and that was my cue to gradually stop crying.

This was going to be a long evening.

 

[Kyungsoo's POV]

"I hurt Sehun so badly, now I'll never get him back!"

Sehun? Oh Sehun?

Wasn't he the one who hired me to break her heart?

"Don't kill yourself over one guy, you still have so much ahead of you."

I comforted her as I tried to piece everything in my head. Did she regret her decision in hurting Sehun? Did she really love him?

So this girl has broken the first rule of our trade. I snickered in my head.

"It's too late for me now. I should just die."

"Miss, you have to calm down and think properly." I patted her back, causing her to gradually stop crying.

This was going to be a long evening.

 

Hey guise! Do you understand what’s going on? If it’s too confusing, feel free to leave a comment anytime, and I’ll explain this chapter to you. ^.^ And if you’re wondering about my thoughts of the recent Exo incident, click here (at your own risk).