(04) Dear Hyung...

Love Stories and Maybe a Turtle

(4) Dear Hyung... - 1,590

Dear hyung,” the letter began and Kyuhyun tasted the bile on his tongue. “This may seem old fashioned, but I thought a grand gesture would be a good way to get your attention.

“So instead of sending you a text message, a tweet or tagging you on Facebook, I hope these letters would receive a warm, loving welcome.

Kyuhyun resisted the urge to rip the letter apart. It was from Kibum and as much as he hated seeing this addressed to Jongwoon of all people, Kyuhyun thought that Kibum missed out on too much already.

But the sweet tone of the letter addressed to Jongwoon sickened him. It felt like a heavy boulder on his stomach. This wasn’t quite jealousy or anger but maybe a bit of both. He’ll be damned if he admitted it, so he continued reading.

I missed you,” Kyuhyun gagged. “I’ve been working hard on acting, learning new tricks and techniques from directors and veteran actors I work with. I’m polite towards all of them just so you’d know.

Kyuhyun scoffed, trying to imagine Kibum being polite to the old ladies that were so blatantly cougar for him, especially considering his fame.

I really am,” the letter insisted. “Just like you asked me to.” Kyuhyun bit his bottom lip and glanced at the closed door. Honestly, he wasn’t there to pry on Jongwoon’s stuff. It was just there, for the public to read. Granted that this was Jongwoon’s private room that was locked minutes ago, but displayed nonetheless.

Everyone’s treating me well here.” Kyuhyun snorted. Of course he was treated well. SM Entertainment was powerful in the industry. Plus, Kibum was sort of a “special favorite” since he’s being allowed to take a hiatus without a lawsuit. “But I miss your hugs and attention.

Kyuhyun quickly looked back, instinct kicking in when he heard a shuffle from the outside. He kept still. This was probably the best time to neatly return the letter where he found it and act like he hadn’t just opened something personal.

When no one appeared, Kyuhyun released a breath and turned his concentration back to what he was reading.

Now I bet you’re wondering why I’m writing this letter.” Kyuhyun nodded, agreeing though he figured that it might’ve looked stupid. “I frankly just haven’t had the courage to talk to you yet.

Kyuhyun frowned. A bubbling feeling of sympathy rising to his chest.

You know that I love you, hyung, and I don’t want any harm coming to you. No matter where or who it’s from.

Kyuhyun gulped, eyes not leaving the letter. His gaze boring into every line and every word to every letter.

So I’ll just say it out loud.” Kyuhyun bit his lower lip. Did Kibum confess before he could have and the reason why Jongwoon kept this letter was because he reciprocated?

Kyuhyun’s gonna read this letter surely if you just leave it on a table. Because he’s scared of losing you. To Ryeowook. To Siwon. To me. So breathe, hyung. Take that chance. He loves you too, maybe more than you love him and I’m sure of it.

(Kyuhyun, I know you’re reading this and you owe me big time for doing this for you, you ungrateful brat. I’m talking to you both. I’m still your hyung even if I’m not always there. You really should learn how to listen.)

With all my love (it’s more than Kyuhyun’s), Kim Kibum.

“Kyu?” Jongwoon’s voice echoed through the walls and Kyuhyun was gripping the letter tightly. Damn Kibum.

Kyuhyun ran, feet stomping heavily against the wooden floors. He grabbed Jongwoon by the waist, quickly pulling him close and kissed him.

Jongwoon was his. Kibum could get as arrogant as he wants because he was right. Jongwoon’s always, only, going to be his.

*

Jongwoon smiled at the letter on his desk, opened and haphazardly placed on top. He knew Kyuhyun read it, it was written on and all over it.

The irony of it all was that he never even read the letter once.

He meant to. He sat down for it, even. But the world does wondrous things and Kyuhyun arrived just in time for his phone to ring, informing him that Kibum was calling.

“Kyuhyun’s going to read your letter,” was what he was greeted with. Jongwoon rolled his eyes but couldn’t help smiling. Their sibling-rivalry relationship towards each other was weirdly endearing. (To Jongwoon only, though. The rest of the members would scold them and give them time outs whenever they can.)

“It’s Kyuhyun,” he replied. Jongwoon stood outside the hall. He greeted Kyuhyun and mouthed that he’d be just outside.

“When are you going to ask?” The conversation turned serious suddenly that Jongwoon didn’t know how to respond. It was such a sensitive subject. Everyone else asked him vaguely about the same thing. Others--Heechul--even accused him of being too much of a martyr, not asking Kyuhyun out.

“Probably never,” he answered a bit melancholy. He doesn’t want to have this conversation. Particularly not through the phone and definitely not when person of interest was just a closed door away.

He heard Kyuhyun snort, muffled through the wooden door but clearly evident.

“Hyung,” Kibum started again and jolted Jongwoon out of his trance. “I just want what’s best for you.”

Jongwoon laughed quietly. “I know, Kibummie,” he said softly. “But I think I’ll do this on my own.”

He heard Kibum nod, even through the phone. “Alright, then,” he surrendered, though Jongwoon knew he was waiting for a sermon.

“Visit us, why don’t you,” Jongwoon changed the subject. “Jungsoo-hyung wants a family dinner with everyone. Even Hankyung-hyung’s coming.”

“Of course Hankyung-hyung’s coming. Heechul-hyung’d pilot a private jet to drag him for the dinner.” Jongwoon couldn’t help but laugh because it was true.

All of them would do everything for the person they love.

“I love you, hyung,” Kibum said and it felt heavy to Jongwoon’s heart that he couldn’t feel the same way.

What probably made him feel guilty the most was that Kibum knew and understood. “I love you, too, Kibummie.”

“Now go get ‘im.”

By the dial tone, Jongwoon shook his head, speechless. “Kyu?”

Footsteps stomped through the wooden floors. Kyuhyun was running and as soon as the door flew open, he ran towards Jongwoon.

Arms wrapped around his mid-section and a dry pair of lips crashed into his. Jongwoon gasped, air knocked out of him as Kyuhyun took advantage and slipped in his tongue.

They fought with passion until Jongwoon hit Kyuhyun’s chest from the lack of air. Kyuhyun pulled away with a loud smooch and they both looked at each other, faces red, and lips wet and plump.

Kyuhyun smiled lopsidedly. Jongwoon felt blood rush to his face, suddenly feeling conscious. He looked away, Kyuhyun’s gaze still making the hairs at the back of his neck stand.

“I don’t care,” Kyuhyun said and Jongwoon turned to him again. “I don’t care what the letter said. I love you, Jongwoon-hyung. I love you so much that I’m shaking.”

Kyuhyun laughed at his own pathetic situation. Jongwoon felt the tremors when he voiced it out. Kyuhyun leaned his forehead against Jongwoon’s as if to make the shaking stop. “But I love you and I want to hear you say it to me too.”

Jongwoon felt close to tears. Damn it, Kibum. “I love you too, you brat.” He reached around Kyuhyun’s neck and hugged him close.

“I didn’t even read the letter.” He admitted. They sat down on the bed. He would have laughed if the situation and the atmosphere didn’t feel more serious.

“Kibummie called when you got in. The envelope wasn’t even addressed to me.”

Kyuhyun inspected the envelope. Surely enough, Jongwoon was right. It had Jongwoon’s address, but the name was written to one Cho Kyuhyun.

“I just got it opened when you came,” Jongwoon chuckled, remembering that happened ten minutes ago. “The first thing he said when I answered was that you were going to read it.”

Kyuhyun cursed colorfully for being so predictable. He crumpled the envelope because of his grip.

But Jongwoon scooted over and wrapped his arms around Kyuhyun’s neck and leaned onto his shoulder. He closed his eyes and smiled. “I’m glad.”

Kyuhyun glanced at him. Seconds, minutes, maybe even hours passed and Kyuhyun just kept watching him. Jongwoon’s breathing slowed a bit and he could hear soft snoring, but it was every bit lovely.

He buried his nose on top of Jongwoon’s head and took a breath. It calmed him. Kyuhyun wrapped his arms around Jongwoon’s waist and carefully lowered them to lie down. With Jongwoon’s head resting on his chest, he blindingly reached for his phone.

As soon as he was satisfied with his message, he sent it and lightly pressed the off button. He wrapped his other arm back around Jongwoon and snuggled against the smaller body.

*

Kibum sat on the chair reserved for him, waiting for his turn on the camera. He stared at his script, trying to internalize until he felt his phone vibrate.

Dear hyung,” he snorted and had a feeling he would want to throw Kyuhyun through a window when he’s done with the message. “Thanks.

Kibum’s eyes widened because this was Kyuhyun. He respected no one unless it was beneficial to his wants. He scrolled down further.

P.S. I win. ;P.

He was right.

He resolved to give Kyuhyun the biggest noogie he’s ever known when he visits. Boy, will that brat get it.