(30) Weddings and Dances and All that Jazz

Love Stories and Maybe a Turtle

(30) Weddings and Dances and All that Jazz - 1,594

“Well, thank god that’s done,” Jongwoon whispered softly, his head tilting slightly to his side. He thought the past few months would never end.

He loves Ahra, he really does because she’s Kyuhyun’s sister and Jongwoon loves everyone related to Kyuhyun.

But during the previous months that had him being Ahra’s “honorable” maid of honor, was horrible. Ahra, as sweet a girl as she is, was an absolute bridezilla. Most of her closest friends pushed Jongwoon as their human sacrifice whenever she would bite their heads off from the stress. Even the wedding planner quit during the second day and nearly filed a lawsuit against the Cho family for damages.

So the planning was taken over by Heechul. And they were like two peas in a pod if that pod was a nuclear bomb.

Granted that it wasn’t a complete disaster, Jongwoon nearly swore off marriage altogether whenever he saw these two.

Luckily, Kyuhyun was right beside him most of the time. He was the younger brother of the bride and she required him to be by her side, if not with the groom.

(She preferred it more with her because she still has this fear Kyuhyum would scare him off. Kyuhyun reassuring her that he would do no such thing did not do its job.)

Jongwoon, in turn, stressed about everything he didn’t need to stress about. Heechul tried to tell him that he was just an “honorable” maid of honor and that the title didn’t really mean much, but he was ignored in favor of panicking because Jongwoon was asking if they should get the white roses or white lilies because someone might be allergic which would cause a sneezing fest in the middle of the ceremony and that really shouldn’t be...

Heechul nearly kicked him out but Kyuhyun covered his mouth instead, pulling him in a nearby closet and Jongwoon came out quite relaxed afterwards. (He was also blushing a deep red when he caught Heechul’s eyes.)

“I really hope to never go through it again,” he said then they stood and clapped in congratulations when the couple was pronounced as husband and wife and kissed.

(He missed Kyuhyun’s look, too busy being relieved. Heechul and Jungsoo sat farther to the side and Kyuhyun twisted a bit to look at them, desperation written all over his face. They raised their brows and made gestures, mostly pointed at Jongwoon. Kyuhyun smiled albeit sadly.)

Reception felt a bit anti-climactic considering what everyone went through during the planning process. But the bride got to dance with her father and her brother as every other invited SUPER JUNIOR member began to join after Kyuhyun gave Ahra back to her husband.

Jongwoon sat quietly, nursing his wine glass filled with sparkling apple cider. He smiled as Kyuhyun made his way back. “Having fun yet?”

Kyuhyun smiled back. “I’m about to drink and eat. Of course I am.”

Jongwoon shook his head but his smile grew bigger, more amused.

“But before that,” Kyuhyun began, reaching out a hand to Jongwoon. “Dance with me.”

Jongwoon stared at the hand then at Kyuhyun, skeptical that it was genuine. He took the hand and they made their way to the dance floor. Still wondering what Kyuhyun was planning, he missed the silent cheers everyone, including the newly wedded couple, made.

Kyuhyun spun him around before softly holding the small of his back, pulling him closer. Being taller, he used it to his advantage and buried his nose on top of Jongwoon’s hair.

“Hyung,” he said softly. Jongwoon’s face scrunched, but Kyuhyun’s hard head prevented him from looking at him. “I know this isn’t really your thing... And it isn’t that much accepted, especially here.”

Jongwoon felt his heart stop. Oh god, Kyuhyun had better not--!!

Kyuhyun pulled back, his eyes never leaving Jongwoon’s.

He doesn’t kneel. Simply, he produced a ring from his pocket. A small, golden band that didn’t even look like much. Jongwoon bit his lower lip.

“But I’m here, with the people I love,” Kyuhyun gently caresses Jongwoon’s hand and slips the band on the left ring finger. “And with the person I want to be with until eternity.”

Jongwoon shook, his teeth still not releasing his lower lip. Kyuhyun pulled him close to his chest and kissed his forehead. “Be mine, Kim Jongwoon. Even if the world doesn’t know. Be mine.”

“God, you just had to show off, didn’t you?” Jongwoon asked, voice muffled since he was hiding his face on Kyuhyun’s chest. He was hyperaware now that everyone was looking at them. The music had stopped two songs ago and no one was moving an inch.

“How you talked Ahra into doing this on her wedding day without you dying is beyond me.”

“That’s a yes, then?” Kyuhyun said, grin nearly splitting his face.

“Idiot,” Jongwoon said affectionately. “If I haven’t left you now, I have no intention of leaving you at all.”

And there was no ceremony or a grand engagement party. It was their vows, together with their love (and their meddling families and friends who were more exhausted keeping this plan a secret than anything.)

(Ah, so that was why Ahra was so stressed.)

*

Epilogue;

They were surrounded after Kyuhyun produced the ring. Jongwoon refused to raise his head that was hidden against Kyuhyun’s chest and Kyuhyun also refused to let Jongwoon go.

But pats on the shoulder nearly tumbled them over so they begrudgingly released one another to get back to the actual couple of the night.

Ahra stood on stage with her bouquet, one hand on her hip and an amused smile at Jongwoon. He blushed when he caught her gaze and ducked down. She shook her head but her smile never wavered. She grabbed the microphone from the stunned DJ and addressed the crowd.

The single women stood in front. Heechul dragged Jongwoon in the middle of it, ignoring the roars of the women and the sharp elbows hitting their stomachs. Jongwoon complained all the way and tried to make himself heavy. But Heechul was persistent in the most opportune times and he threatened to teach Kyuhyun everything he knew.

Jongwoon was tired every evening as it is, so he ran ahead.

Ahra’s smile didn’t disappear even as Jongwoon stood his ground in the middle. She turned around and played with the crowd, faking about to throw her bouquet. When she did it for the third time, it slipped through her fingers accidentally.

It all happened slowly for Jongwoon. He didn’t even reach for it. He watched as the hands flew, stretching to grab their claws for the bouquet.

As cliché as it was, it slipped passed others and landed right on his open hands. Everyone stared, their mouths open and on Jongwoon and the bouquet.

“You’ve got to be kidding me,” Kyuhyun’s voice resounded around the room, echoing through the silence. Suddenly, Heechul’s obnoxious laughter surrounded the room and Jongwoon’s then Kyuhyun’s followed.

Jongwoon shook his head, not quite believing it all to be happening. Usually, the “next bride” would have caught the bouquet before any proposals were made.

Not that Jongwoon would have wanted it otherwise.

Jongwoon walked to where Kyuhyun sat and gave him the bouquet. With a sheepish smile, Kyuhyun took it with a shake of his head. “Who knew you’d catch the bouquet. Your hands are so small, it’s a miracle you caught it at all.”

Jongwoon hit Kyuhyun’s chest with a loud slap. Being dramatic, Kyuhyun groaned and bent over. Jongwoon pouted but didn’t bother checking if he was okay. Kyuhyun might have proposed to him (in the sweetest, most embarrassing way ever), but he was still Kyuhyun. And that meant the mischievous little brat who had no respect for his elders especially when it mattered the most.

“Ahra’s getting dressed while you girls were grabbing the bouquet,” he said coolly, draining his champagne glass then stood up and held Jongwoon by the small of his back.

“Excuse you,” Jongwoon complained. “Heechul dragged me there.”

Kyuhyun smirked. “That’s why I saw you in the middle of the crowd of desperate women then.”

Jongwoon hit him again after they kissed Kyuhyun’s parents goodbye and they made their way to their car.

“Shut up,” but he knew he’d already lost. “I’m not the cheesy one who proposed in the middle of the dance floor in front of a crowd.”

Jongwoon smiled satisfactorily and took the opportunity to look at Kyuhyun who was focusing on the road. His hands held the steering wheel tightly, his knuckles were nearly white. It was a low blow, Jongwoon knew because it took every single grain of Kyuhyun’s pride to ask Jongwoon to be his and only his. The fact that he did it as publicly as he could was something that awed Jongwoon.

“But you said yes,” Jongwoon heard a whisper as Kyuhyun gave the keys to a valet. “And really, Jongwoon-hyung, that’s the only word you’ll have to say to me for the rest of our lives.”

Kyuhyun pecked him on his cheek before moving down his neck. Jongwoon struggled to keep his breathing stable and his moans quiet. Slowly, Kyuhyun undressed Jongwoon and whispered to his ear, seductively and lovingly.

(Jongwoon will never admit that it was a turn on when Kyuhyun would mockingly call him “hyung” during because the brat would definitely use it against him and he’ll be chained to the bed forever.)

(He resolved never to tell a soul that the thought was a bit of a turn on too, damn it.)