Dream

Summer Fever (hiatus)

"Tao!" I yelled. The force field disappeared, and I ran into Tao’s arms. He held me tightly, kissing the top of my head, and I looked up at him. He was crying too, and I sniffed loudly.

"Test 2, to begin in one minute." The voice declared. I looked back, and saw Lay’s body was mysteriously gone. I wiped my eyes, looking up at Tao.

"We have to find a way out of here." Tao said. He tugged at his bracelet, and I saw 4C emblazoned on it. I held out my hand, and everyone else put their wrists in my hand so I could see what number they were.

Lu Han: 5E

Kris: 6G

Tao: 4C

Xiumin: 3B

Chen: 2J

"Guys, we have to stick together, no matter what." I said. They all nodded solemnly, looking up when the voice started speaking again.

"Subjects, congratulations on your success. Your next test is to make it to the exit of this room. But beware, the walls will be shifting. The last one to the exit, will be terminated." She clicked off, and I found myself in a narrow passageway with Tao almost instantly.

"Now what?" I asked. Tao shrugged, looking back and widening his eyes. I looked too, and saw the corridor behind us was narrowing to a point, rapidly getting closer to us and getting smaller all the time.

"Run!" Tao yelled, grabbing my hand and rushing forward with me. We ran for about half an hour, not able to stop.

"Whoa, stop running!" Lu Han was suddenly in front of us, his hands up. "This is the exit."

"That was so easy." Tao said, looking around. We were in a small room, and Chen waved at us from his place on the ground.

"Too easy." I murmured. We all paced anxiously, waiting to see whether Kris or Xiumin would make it first.

"This is a nightmare." Lu Han murmured behind me. I nodded in agreement, wondering why no one was hungry yet, and where Lay had found that water.

"Guys, we’re coming in together!" Xiumin’s voice called from the passageway. We all perked up, watching for them to appear.

Xiumin and Kris were hand in hand, walking inside steadily and at the same time. They both reached the room, siting down and looking triumphant.

"There was no loser, so no one will die this round." Kris said, slightly excited. Xiumin nodded, and we all tensed when the voice spoke.

"Testing rules have been violated. Termination for subjects 6G and 3B, please stand by." Kris and Xiumin looked at each other with wide eyes, and Chen leapt forward.

"What, no! There was no loser, you can’t kill both of them!" Chen yelled. The voice kept on talking, regardless.

"Termination complete." Xiumin and Kris immediately fell, their bodies disappearing almost instantly like Lay’s.

"Kris." Tao said softly, looking down where his alpha had been. "Xiumin."

Chen stood up and started pounding on the wall of the room. There was no door evident-some exit this was-but the wall shuddered violently. Lu Han and Tao joined them, trying to knock their way through the wall.

"Subjects are requested to cease under threat of termination." The voice said, sounding flustered. The boys ignored her, launching powerful kicks at the wall. It shuddered, crumbling, and Lu Han fell to the ground.

"Termination of 5E complete, stand by for 2J and 4C." The voice crackled. I raced forward, hanging onto Tao’s arm desperately.

"Tao, they’ll kill you! Stop it!" I cried, hanging onto his arm. Tao ignored me, and Chen fell next to him. Tao ignored both of us, hammering on the wall as strongly as he could.

"Tao, stop!" I screamed. Tao fell to the floor, not moving and I screamed again. "Tao!" I rolled him over, finding him just like Lay.

"Tao!" I yelled, holding him close and crying.

"Termination successful." I kept crying, saying his name over and over again.

"Tao!" I screamed, crying.

"Sujin!" I heard Tao yell. I looked down, finding him still lifeless, and tried to see where the voice was coming from.

"Tao!" I yelled again. I felt hands on my shoulders, shaking me back and forth, and I opened my eyes.

"Sujin, these dreams have got to stop!" Tao said above me, looking down at me with concern. I nearly collapsed in relief and with sobs. It was all just a dream.

This update is tiny but mighty! Everyone, please comment, have I sufficiently messed with your minds? Kamsamnida, saranghamnida!

-Sujin

<3