Foxy Friends

Summer Fever (hiatus)

    I leaned back, sighing in the summer heat. It was the kind of day where the air was thick and heavy, like honey pouring around everyone. The perfume of summer flowers drifted around, enhancing the sweetness of the air. Tao breathed evenly behind me, the rhythm of his heart thudding through my back. We were stretched out on a blanket, me in between his legs and leaning back on his chest. He had one arm laying gently across my waist and I played with the fingers of his other hand. 
    "Tao?" I said quietly. His breath puffed on my neck gently when he shifted, resting his head softly on top of mine. 
    "Mmm?" Tao hummed sleepily, his half-lidded eyes looking at me. I drew light circles on the back of his hand with my fingertips, enjoying the occasional cool puff of air from a breeze. 
    "How did you find this place?" I asked. I looked around, still in awe of the little pond Tao had brought me to this morning. There was green grass all around the pond, and tall trees shaded us from the warm sun.
    "I was walking outside the city, and I found it. I don't know, lots of supernaturals seem to like it." Tao said, looking around. We had walked together out of the city and Tao had surprised me with a picnic and a swim in the pond. The water was crystal clear, but we hadn't gone in yet. 
    "Do you want to go swimming?" I asked. Tao shrugged, nestling his nose in the crook between my jaw and neck. 
    "In a minute." Tao said. I chuckled at my drowsy boyfriend, seeing lazy butterflies flutter by. 
    "I bet you couldn't even race against that butterfly right now." I laughed, pointing at the insect. Tao hummed again lazily, drawing circles on my side where my shirt rode up a little. 
    "Well, I'm going swimming, see you later!" I said, jumping off and slipping out of my tank top and denim jeans. I already had a bikini on underneath, and I splashed eagerly into the pond. I dove under, popping up a minute later, and waved to Tao. 
    He sighed, nodding and standing up. He slipped off his thin t-shirt and ran out to meet me. I splashed him when he came in reach, and Tao dunked me underwater in revenge. I came up spluttering and coughing, stopping to catch my breath. 
    "I'm sorry! Are you okay?" Tao asked immediately, resting a gentle hand on my back. His worried eyes looked at me, and I jumped on his back, forcing him under. 
    "Gotcha!" I exclaimed triumphantly. Tao came up coughing, splashing me in mock anger. I giggled, sticking my tongue out, and floated lazily on the surface. Tao also floated on his back, his fingers finding mine and twining together. 
    After a few minutes, Tao gave a gentle tug on our joined hands and pulled me towards him. I looked at him questioningly, but he laid a finger over his lips. I cocked my head to the side, and he smoothed my wet hair away from my ear. 
    "Be sure not to move suddenly, you'll scare him. If you look at the opposite shore, a little way towards the trees, there's a fox shifter." Tao said quietly, pointing subtly. I looked, seeing a small fox looking at us. Two small ears poked up cutely from his head, and he watched us stock-still. 
    "Where did he come from?" I asked. Tao watched him with me, also immobile in the water. 
    "There's a small forest a few minutes from here, it's popular with shifters. The pack has gone there a few times to hunt." Tao said. I nodded, wondering if they hunted other shifters. 
    "What about—"
    "Don't worry, we only kill strictly animal prey. We could never hurt a fellow shifter, it'd be like a human killing their brother." Tao said. The trees rustled, and several more foxes stepped out. 
    I counted, holding my breath. I had never seen this many foxes all together, not even in a zoo, and the fact they were shifters made this more amazing. There were six of them, including the first, and they circled around each other. The largest one was truly enormous, as big as a large dog, and moved protectively around his friends. 
    Tao slowly raised his arm in the air and waved. The largest fox turned his way and nodded, lowering its head and looking at us solemnly. A smaller fox pranced around with another, and soon the rest joined in the fun. Tao and I started swimming slowly, enjoying the fox shifters' presence. 
    "They're comfortable with us now, just no sudden moves. We might be lucky enough to talk to them." Tao whispered. I nodded, smiling as I watched the first fox play around. 
    "They're so cute!" I said as quietly as possible. "Can't you talk to them whenever you want?"
    "No, they're kind of like really shy people. It takes a while for them to talk to you, and since I'm a wolf, they won't be truly comfortable with me for a little bit. Just act like you don't really notice them, they'll feel better." Tao said. I nodded and we walked out of the water, drying off with towels. 
    Tao and I settled back down on the blanket, this time side by side, and I looked over at him. He wasn't watching me, his half-lidded eyes staring at the reflective water. 
    "Tao, can you do it again?" I asked, making Tao look at me confusedly. He shrugged, titling his head to the side. 
    "Do what?" Tao asked. I smiled at him, gesturing to his head. 
    "What Kris taught you." I said. Tao nodded in understanding, going silent for a moment. A few weeks ago, Tao had finally gained the ability to shift all the way into a wolf, something the older members could already do. It was cute, because now he could make little wolf ears appear on his head, and sometimes he forgot to change them back. 
    "Better?" Tao asked, two beautiful black ears twitching on the top of his head. They blended in with his black hair, twitching occasionally. His human ears were gone now, but somehow the wolf ears fit him better. I nodded, smiling when I noticed he also accidentally revealed his tail. It poked up the through the top of his swimming trunks, swishing lazily on the ground. 
    "Tao, you have a tail." I pointed out. His surprised was comical, especially when he twisted to inspect the black tail. It thumped excitedly on the ground, and I laughed. He closed his eyes for a second, and the tail disappeared. 
    "Aww, it was cute!" I pouted. Tao shook his head at me, ears flicking adorably, and smiled. 
    "Only ears! No tail, not yet." Tao said. I nodded grudgingly, reaching up to feel his ears. Tao watched me carefully, wondering what I was doing. 
    I lightly grasped one ear in between my fingers, moving my thumb and fingers in opposite circles. Tao immediately sighed in pleasure and I smiled, gently his ears. I scratched softly behind each ear and Tao moaned occasionally. I looked down at him, seeing him starting to fall asleep, and kept his hair and ears. I stopped for a second and Tao's eyes flicked open, changing colors rapidly, and he whined like a puppy. I laughed, continuing to pet him while he curled up and fell asleep. 
    I can pet my boyfriend. Jesus, I did not expect to ever be able to do this. I kept his hair long after he had fallen asleep, enjoying the summer heat. I placed light butterfly kisses on his cheekbones, looking up to see what the foxes were doing. I was disappointed when I didn't see them, but I shrugged. 
    A soft rustle make me look up, and I saw a group of boys coming towards me. They stepped lightly over the grass, moving more gracefully than most girls I'd seen. The tallest stood at the front, with short black hair and powerful movements. They stopped a few feet away from me, and the smallest boy titled his head to the side. 
    "Hello?" I asked, wondering what they were doing here or who they were. I suddenly remembered Tao's ears and withdrew my hand, praying they hadn't already seen. 
    "Oh no, don't worry. We already know, we won't tell anyone. Can we join you?" The leader with black hair asked. I nodded, looking at him calculatingly. 
    "Who are you?" I asked. I looked over, seeing two little red ears flickering on the top of the smallest boy's head, and put it together immediately. 
    "The foxes!" I exclaimed. The closest one flinched at my loud voice and I covered my mouth. "Sorry." 
    "It's okay, don't worry about Joe." The one with black hair said with a smile. "I'm Bang Minsoo." 
    "Kim Sujin. It's nice to meet you." I said. He bowed, and I bowed back. Minsoo motioned for the rest of the boys to come closer, and had them line up. 
    "Boys, this is Kim Sujin. Tell her your names." Minsoo said. They all nodded, the smallest one bouncing forward. 
    "I'm Lee Byunghun, but everyone calls me Joe." Byunghun shrugged. "Call me whatever you want!" I smiled at him, and another boy stepped forward. 
    "I'm Choi Changjo, nice to meet you." Changjo smiled softly, stepping back. Even though Byunghun was shorter, Changjo looked like he was the youngest.  
    "I'm Lee Chanhee, nice to meet you!" Chanhee had a wide smile and a cute wave, and I smiled back. 
    "I'm Yoo Chanhyun, nice to meet you." Chanhyun said, smiling softly. The last boy stepped froward, waving flirtatiously, and I blushed. 
    "I'm Niel." Niel stated, and I bowed to all of them. A few went into the water, splashing around, but Minsoo and Byunghun stayed behind. 
    "Your friend, is he a wolf?" Byunghun asked. Minsoo hit him gently and Byunghun hunched his shoulders. 
    "Byunghun, be polite!" Minsoo scolded. 
    "I'm sorry." Byunghun said. I smiled, continuing to run my fingers through Tao's hair, and nodded. 
    "Don't worry, I don't mind. Yes, he's a wolf. His name is Huang Zitao." I said, making Tao stir a little. 
    "What is it, Sujin?" Tao asked sleepily, blinking awake. He startled a little when he saw the foxes, but soon relaxed. 
    "Hello, I'm Tao." Tao said, looking over at Minsoo. 
    "I'm Minsoo, and this is Byunghun." Minsoo started to say something else, but he was interrupted by a very wet Chanhee jumping on top of him and bowling him over. 
    "Chanhee!" Minsoo exclaimed angrily. Chanhee ignored him, jumping up with a scream when Niel and Chanhyun came running after him. He tore off, leaving a very confused Changjo in the water, watching them chase each other. Chanhee was finally caught, and Niel tackled him while Chanhyun hit him gently. 
    "Hey, break it up!" Minsoo called, looking down at his soaking wet t-shirt. He shook his head, frowning. "Kits these days."
    "I am right here!" Byunghun said, holding a hand to his chest in mock hurt. Minsoo rolled his eyes, standing up and pulling the squabbling boys apart. 
    "Okay, time to go! Changjo, get out of there!" Minsoo said, picking up Niel and Chanhyun, throwing them over his shoulders. Chanhee trailed behind them, giving mocking looks to his struggling brothers. 
    "Nice meeting you! Talk some other time, yeah?" Minsoo called back. I waved, and Byunghun waved too. Tao sent them a friendly goodbye, and I did too. Such nice foxy friends...

I'm back! I hope everyone likes the first chapter, please comment and tell me what you think! Just so you know, I kept the stage names of some of the Teen Top members, mostly because Changjo's real name is Jonghyun, and when I have SHINee in here later, two Jonghyun's would be way to confusing...hope nobody minds!

Kamsamnida everyone!

—Sujin