Past, Present, Future?

I Hate being Your Wife, I Like being Your Lover

"Our parents were so close, even they become closer now," Nichkhun started the story. "I don't have any siblings, you know that."

Victoria listened to his story. That was she wanted the most, to know all the truth, to move on from her misery, her love story.

"You were like my sister. Your family were my family. You know, your mother was the only one who cooked for me. Your father was the only one who spent his time to play badminton every evenings with me. My parents were so busy with their own bussiness. You, as my sister, were the only one who taught me to be a good boy. We played together, went to school together, even we cried together."

Nichkun took a deep breath then continued, "Do you remember why we cried? It was because you lost your kitten. You cried and hugged me tightly, asked me to look for it. Instead of looking for it, I cried with you. I didn't know why. It was so sad to hear you cry."

Nichkhun looked at Victoria. There was a tear on her cheek.

"Then I knew I loved you. But I thought it was because of your kindness. I didn't want to lose a sister, a family. I convinced myself that it was a love for a sister, at most, a puppy love. But it was not. I was a fool, I know. I'm sorry."

"I asked you about Christie, if you forget."

"Ah, Christie... She was a good girl. She was so close to be your duplicate. Fair skin, short black hair. She was smart. She was kind too. Because I was mistaken to fall in love to you because of your kindness, I thought I could love her like I loved you. I thought I loved her. But when you went away, I knew I had lost something. I knew I lost you. Not as my sister, but my first love."

"Vic, I swear I looked for you. I asked everyone where you went. But Sulli said that you didn't love me. You counted me as your brother, not more. She asked me to leave you alone."

Victoria didn't want to hear Nichkhun's story anymore. "I'm sleepy."

Nichkhun ignored her, "But Mom told me. Although you didn't tell her anything, she knew you loved me. Just the way I..."

"Yes I did, but no I don't. It was all in the past," Victoria interupted.

"But I love you. And you still love me. It's been so long but you always avoid every men interested in you. I know it Vic. Look at my eyes! You can't deny it., Vic." Nichkhun forced her to look directly to his eyes. He could see her teary eyes. Victoria could fake smiles with her lips, but not with her eyes. Nichkhun knew that well.

"Fool, finally you know the truth. Are you happy now?" Victoria whispered.

"Fool?"

"Yes, you are."

Nichkhun smiled, "I got it. I guess I am a fool because it takes me so long to know the truth? Yeah, I am a fool, for you."

Victoria couldn't help to smile, "Fool."

"Let's get married for real?"

"We're already married," Vic tapped his head with pillow. "Fool."

"So, we are married? You're officially my wife and I'm your husband?" Nichkhun smirked, Victoria was on the hook.

"Then? It doesn't mean we can be like normal couples. We stay what we are now, because I hate being your wife."

"How about my lover?" Nichkhun smirked.