Excitement

Just an Average Girl


Miyoung POV:


As soon as I opened my eyes, Luhan was right in front of me. WAIT, WHAT? It took me awhile to process what was going on. I blinked a few times in confusion before my eyes widened. Luhan was KISSING ME??????? 
I was startled and I fell off my chair.

“Wha-wh-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?????????” I screamed. I was shocked,but at least it wasn’t on the lips. That was meant for Sehun. Luhan’s eyes widened as well and he backed up really 
fast. I was still very confused. WHAT THE HECK? I BARELY EVEN KNOW THIS GUY!!!!!!!

“Uh-h I was, um, trying to get something off of, uh, your forehead…” explained Luhan. He was slightly stuttering so I only glared at him. I straightened out my messy hair out of my face before I got up. I brushed my school uniform and straightened it. 

“Forget about that. Look it’s 7:30. Clean up and hurry before the janitor-” I quickly said. I was interrupted when the sound of the key made us stand still for a second. My eyes widened and I suddenly grew nervous.

 Luhan’s instincts were fast and quickly pushed me to a shelf in the back of the library. I gasped before he gave me this “don’t you dare move look” and covered my mouth. I was struggling and my eyes were wide. If the janitor caught us, then we would be in BIG trouble. I can’t afford to get a suspension from the school.

The janitor peeked inside the library before he turned away. The sound of his footsteps were harder to hear as we heard him walk off with his keys jangling.The janitor had moved on to the next class. 
I let out a relieved sigh before I looked at Luhan and found him covering my mouth still. I was about to scream but I shoved Luhan out of the way instead. We were both relieved at the time, but I was too flustered to think.

 


Lu Han’s POV

DID SHE JUST SHOVE ME AFTER I JUST SAVED BOTH OF OUR BUTTS FROM THE JANITOR?! THAT GIRL IS IMPOSSIBLE.

Miyoung looked angry, and if looks could kill, I’d be dead already. Miyoung shoved me aside and she started to walk away. Miyoung started to grab her stuff and put them in her backpack that she had brought.  

I stood there speechless, before I went to do the same thing. I grabbed my stuff from the computer and glanced at the window before I turned to leave. 

Outside, the weather still looked gloomy, but it wasn’t as bad as yesterday night. I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked out of the library after Miyoung. I checked my watch to see that the time was now 7.50. I only have ten minutes to get to class on time. She was already at the end of the hall so I walked quickly. Since we both have the same first period, why not walk with her? Its always fun getting her mad but not too mad. 

I was about to enter the classroom when Hye Mi popped out of nowhere.

“Ugh” I groaned quietly when I saw Hye Mi walking towards me. That girl has a problem. Actually, she IS a problem. An annoying problem. Ever since the first day she stucked up to me. Yeah, I’m super good looking and a great person with an awesome personality but she doesn’t have to get my attention. 

“Lu Han oppa!” said Hye Mi in a really high pitched, and annoying voice.

 “I was wondering if you want to sit with me and my friends during lunch.” Hye Mi batted her eyelashes more than she needed to.

“Hye Mi, I’m sorry I have something to do today. Why don’t you go ask Sehun?” I answered and then walked away as fast as I could. I mean who wouldn't? Based on what I've seen since I got here, Hye Mi has been the pretty bully in those highschool movies.

As I walked away, I heard her say to her friends, “DID HE JUST REJECT ME, THE HYE MI. FINE lets go ask My Sehun oppa.” Her footsteps stomped off down the hall.

 I laughed to myself. I doubt Sehun would say yes.

 

Mi Young’s POV

I made it in class without Lu Han following me. Phew. I blew a raspberry and walked over to my desk. A few minutes later, he entered the classroom. What is he doing here-? Oh, wait, I forgot that I had this class with him. Darn it. 

Luhan strolled into the class with his backpack slung over his shoulder, and the sound of girls squealing increased dramatically. Luhan set his backpack on his desk and sat down next to me. 
I tried to avoid his gaze since I still felt awkward from what happened in the morning. Suddenly, Mr. Kim walked in and set his stuff on his desk. For once in my life, I felt like the teacher saved me. 
The teacher was standing in front if the board and all the students quieted down. 

"Students, you all know that we have a Math test coming up, and this will be 35 percent of your grade, so make sure you study!" Mr. Kim announced. Mr, Kim kept on giving details about the test and all I could do is to zone him out and doodle in my notebook. 

I looked up when Mr Kim said, “Before winter break, there will be a winter dance. The dance will be hosted in our school gym and our branch high school will come. So the principal asked us to help decorate the gym with Mrs. Park’s class.” 

Lots of girls squealed, and I only sighed. I want to dance with Sehun, but he'll never choose me as his date, right? I sighed again and returned my attention to the teacher.

Oh wait,isn’t Sehun in Mrs. Park’s class? That thought started to get me excited. Maybe we could decorate together...

“So Mrs. Park and I decided to divide both class into groups that are responsible for one part of the decorations. At the same time you guys can make new friends. So on the last week, both of our classes would be decorating with the decorations we made in the gym.”


 “I'll put the list of your partners and what decorations you will be making up here on the board." Mr. Kim announced.

A hoard of girls stood up and went to the board to see if they got a flower boy as a partner. I sat in my seat and waited since I would be destroyed to pieces if I tried to go through the mob of girls. 

 

Luhan's POV


Right after Mr. Kim announced that we would be in partners, I really hoped I would be partnered with someone that I was comfortable with. I turned to look at Mi Young who was back to doodling in her notebook. A mob of girls was looking at the list so I waited for the crowd to clear up. In, my heart, I was hoping that I would be partnered with Mi Young, since I trusted her to be responsible.


After class, I went up to the board and looked for my name on the list. I searched for my name until I reached the bottom of the list. My name was at the bottom and it said: Lu Han, Lee Mi Young, and… Sehun. 

I turned to look at Miyoung, who was still doodling in her notebook. I smiled to myself and walked back to my seat. Luck must have been on my side for me to be with good people like Sehun and Mi Young.


Mi Young's POV

I noticed that Luhan came back to his seat while smiling. Something must have been fishy. Luhan sat in his seat, grinning to himself. I crinkled my nose and noticed that the mob of girls in front of the list was gone. I stopped doodling and got up from my seat.
 
I made my towards the list and stopped to look for my name. I located my name at the bottom of the list next to Luhan's and Sehun's. WAIT WHAT? I looked at the list again to see who were my partners. My heart pounded as excitement filled my brain. Sehun was my partner! I let out a giggle before I saw Luhan's name. Oh great. Well, at least I would have time with Sehun.

I walked back to my seat all giggly and turned to Luhan.

"Sehun's our partner!" I announced to Luhan. Luhan was smiling before he stopped. 


Luhan's POV 

I was happy to know that Mi Young was going to be my partner, but I realized that she was more excited to be with Sehun more  than me. That thought kind of made me sad. I mean, come on, I was the new kid, the one that didn't know much about this school, the one that was only a flower boy. Nobody really knows my personality or likes me for who I am. Compare me to Sehun. He was popular, kind, handsome, and lots of girls LOVED him. The list could go on. 

Mr. Kim started reviewing some lessons for the test. Mi Young zoned out once again and went back to her doodling. 

The thought of the dance made me excited. But who was. I going to ask to go to he dance with me? All my thoughts led to Mi Young, but I wasn't sure if she would want to. 

I planned out ways to ask Mi Young out for the rest of the day, until the school bell finally rung, signaling the end of the school day. This was going to be a long weekend.