Accidents or Coincidences

Just an Average Girl

 

 

 

 

Mi Young POV:

 

After I followed Sehun out of the cafeteria, I tried to help him clean the mashed potatoes off of his face, and I did. Sehun was sitting on the floor and I grabbed towels from the bathroom to help wipe his face. He only blinked when I started to wipe his face, and he let me continue.

 

I honestly felt really bad. I didn’t deserve to have a friend like Sehun. Everyone thought that I was average, while Sehun actually treated me as if I were someone. Sehun has always been there for me and has always helped me since the beginning of time.

 

So, being the cry baby I was, I started to tear up and I think I made his shirt wet. His body tensed up for a second but then he started to pat my back. I managed to muffle out some words like “thank you” and “I’m sorry.”



 

Sehun POV

 

Mi Young suddenly started crying in arms. I was startled at first, because she was like my dongsaeng to me. Then, I saw a shadow. It must me someone walking by. But, I decided that it was just the trick of the light because it wasn’t there after I blinked. I decided to let her continue crying in my arms since I felt bad for her, well because of that  5 years ago.

 

Flash back to 5 years ago:

   

    I was tired of all the stress. My mom had just died and my dad didn’t even have a stable job to support me. School was building up on me and my grades were starting to drop. I’ve had hundreds of sleepless nights with my fear of losing everything taking over me. It hurt to know that I couldn’t even be there to comfort my dad. I barely even saw him after my mom died. My dad had many part time jobs, and he barely had any sleep.

   

I started to tear up, and I was tired of pretending everything was fine at school. School. I hated school. Most of the people there were jerks who had more money than they needed. Everyone picked on me for having low grades and for being quiet. Everyone there was like scum in my opinion, well, everyone except Mi Young. She was the only person that had ever tried to defend me. But, I don’t think that she’ll miss me at all. I’m just another quiet and dumb classmate.

       

Then the thought came to me. No one would miss me if I was gone. There was no one there that would miss me except for my dad. I was probably just one more mouth to feed for him.

 

So, I came up with a brilliant idea. Suicide. The thought actually came out of nowhere but I thought it was perfect for a guy like me.

 

So, the next day, I went up to my school rooftop alone. I went during lunch alone and locked the roof-top door so no one could stop me.I was determined and sad at the same time.  I climbed on the ledge of the roof and looked down. My stomach started to feel weak.

A crowd of students were gathered there with their phones taking pictures of me. I looked up and a tear managed to escape my eye. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes and got ready to jump, but then, there was a loud scream. I got ready to jump but then something hit me and I landed on the roof floor. My arm felt a slight pain and I opened my eyes in surprise to see Mi Young standing in front of me, crying.

 

“What the hell do you think you’re doing? Are you crazy?” Mi Young was crying and she started to hug me.

 

My eyes were wide. I was speechless. I didn’t think Mi Young would care for me so much.  

 

“Did you think no one would miss you when you were gone?” she said through sobs.

 

I managed to whisper, “Yes,” and I hugged her back. I started to cry in her arms and it felt comforting to know that there was someone who cared.

       

 

                    End of Flashback

Sehun POV

 

After that incident, I felt like I owed Mi Young everything. I also, I got more popular, my dad got a good job, and Mi Young and I got closer, as the days past. I’m so grateful to have her as a friend.

 

I smiled while she was hugging. If it weren’t for her, then I wouldn’t be standing here with all these great things.

 

Mi Young suddenly left me to go get something so I continued to clean the mashed potatoes myself off of my clothes.

After I finished cleaning my clothes that still had mash potatoes, I didn’t see Mi Young come back to me.  Must be because the bell had already rang. Wait. What? The bell rang?! I quickly got my things and ran to my next class.


 

Mi Young’s POV

 

I was in a happy mood. Happy was an understatement, I was EXTREMELY happy. Sehun was always there to comfort me. Just when I was upset with Hye Mi, Sehun managed to capture my heart yet again. I smiled as I kept on taking notes for my class and pushed back my hair that was covering my face.

 

When the bell rang, signaling the end of the school day, I started to pack up my stuff when  I suddenly remembered about the project with Luhan. I finished packing my stuff and left for the school library which was in another building. As I was walking, I noticed an empty room at the end of the hall that I had never noticed before.

 

“That’s weird how come I never noticed this place before?” I thought.

 

Curiosity got the best of me and I decided to check it out. I noticed that the door to this room was older and worn out than the others, and I creaked the door open. When I went inside, I was surprised. There were old instruments sitting in the corner of the room, covered in dust. But what really caught my attention was the old piano in the corner of the room.  I sat on the chair and patted the dust away.

 

The piano brought back old memories. I remembered that when I was young, Sehun’s mother would teach me how to play the piano since she was a piano teacher back then. Back then,  The thought of Sehun’s mother made me feel sad, and my stomach suddenly felt hollow since I knew that I wouldn’t be able to meet her again.

 

I pressed on c, d, e, f, g, a, and b to see if the piano was working and to recall my memory on how to play. It was surprisingly good for a old piano.

 

“What song should I play?” I wondered aloud. A song that Sehun’s mother would used to sing was Moon River when I was young. She had taught me how to play this song when I was a kid, and I had learned the lyrics quickly. So,I played the keys for the song and started singing. “Moon River, wider than a mile, I’m crossing you in style, someday~ ”

 

As I was singing, I heard a click on the old door but I didn’t think it was anything.  Someone walked in but I was too busy singing to notice.

 

Then suddenly, a voice started singing with me, and it was actually really good. I turned to look at who it was.

 

My eyes suddenly widened when I realized that it was LUHAN. I suddenly remembered about the math project I had to work on with Luhan.

 

“uh.. Luhan..” I stammered. I cursed myself in my head for stammering again. I gave a awkward laugh.

 

“uh, sorry, I kind of forgot about the project…” I continued.

 

“ What the hell?! I thought there was no one.” I thought in my head. It suddenly got awkward for me because I haven’t sang in a LONG time. I closed the piano and stood up but looked down at my feet since I kind of felt bad for forgetting about the project.

 

Luhan finally broke the tension.

 

“Mi Young, you have a nice voice,” he said bluntly. I looked up and saw Luhan’s face. My cheeks turned a darker shade of red. I haven’t sang in a long time. By long, I mean long. I think the last time I ever sang was at a class performance back in middle school.

 

“Well your singing is good. I mean, you have a nice voice too.” I stuttered. Oh my god. Why am I so nervous? I took a few steps closer to the door when he smiled as I was walking. My eyes probably widened. HOPEFULLY I wasn’t drooling. His smile was really cute and it reminded me of Sehun’s. Or maybe it was >TINNY< bit cuter. (A/N sorry inside joke there)


 

Lu Han’s POV

 

Mi Young had a really pretty voice. It was really unexpected since she was usually quiet most of the time. So, while I was at the library before, I had waited for about fifteen minutes when Mi Young never came. I decided to go look for her from her last class, which was actually the same one as mine. She wasn’t there so I walked down the hall when I heard the sound of the piano playing. That had caught my attention so I followed the sound to a room at the end of the hall. There was someone singing behind the door so I slowly creaked the door open.

 

There was Mi Young, just sitting there and singing her heart out. Moon River. That was the song that she was singing to. It was a oldie, but it was a goldie. I decided to sing along because the moment felt right, and I did.

 

Suddenly, Mi Young was startled at my voice (I know, it was too mesmerizing:]) and suddenly turned around to face me.  

 

“Mi Young, you have a nice voice,” I said without thinking. She looked shocked and she decided to give me a comment on my singing too.

 

“Well your singing is good. I mean, you have a nice voice too.” she said. I felt happy when she said that and I gave a smile. She closed the piano and we started to make our way towards the library before we went to get our math textbooks from our lockers.


 

Mi Young POV

 

I entered the quiet room with Luhan next to me. Most of the students at our school would go hang out or do homework afterschool outside of the school. Rarely anyone ever came in here because this building was old and libraries out of school were way better. There were no librarians around and the room was empty when I walked in.

 

Luhan sat at a table and set his textbook on the table as well. We spent the next hour choosing our question and planning everything.

 

Luhan went to a computer in the library that was old. It took a really long time to start up but it managed to work. I sat at the computer next to him, and started up the computer before I started to type stuff up for the assignment.

 

So, we spent the next couple of hours doing this until around 8. I was too into the assignment to realize that it was raining outside. The library was dark since we turned the lights off and we didn’t need the lights on for the computer. We were still finishing up the last paragraph for the essay when the door to the library made a click sound and the sound of a lock being clicked together.

 

My eyes suddenly went a hundred times bigger when I ran to the door. Luhan was startled since I got up really quickly and ran to the door. I ran to the door and pulled the knob several times and the door wouldn’t budge. I started to bang on the door so people could hear that we were in there.

 

I looked through the tiny window through the door, and the hall was empty and dark.

“ANYONE THERE HELLOOOOO???” I screamed. I kicked on the door a few more times before I gave up. I sat on the ground. We were stuck, in a dark room, alone, and locked up until tomorrow. What would the custodian think once he opened the door tomorrow? I grabbed my hair and pulled it out of frustration.

   

I turned back to the computer I was working at to save my work when I noticed that Luhan had stopped working. His head was laid down on the keyboard and he had slight snore.

   

My eyes widened before I went back to the computer I was working at to finish up my work and save it on the computer. Before I knew it, I fell asleep too.

 

Lu Han’s POV

   

 

    When I woke up, I found myself slightly drooling on the keyboard (how embarrassing). I found myself in the school library and put my head up. I rubbed my eyes and I saw Mi Young, right next to me. She was slightly snoring and she slightly pouted in her sleep. It looked like that she was in a uncomfortable position since her head was bent over the keyboard and her arms were folded. I kept on staring at her face and I noticed how pretty her hair was. My eyes traveled down to her lips that were wet from her drool. I looked away from her face and decided to check on the essay.

   

I’m guessing that Mi Young probably forgot about and thought that we could finish it in the morning (like most girls, you know irresponsible). I the computer. It took awhile to start up since it was kind of old but it worked. I found the essay that we were working on and I clicked on the tab. I scrolled down to the bottom. She had actually finished it. I remember that we still had a lot to do when I had fallen asleep.

   

I turned towards Mi Young who was still slightly snoring and I smiled. She looked really pretty in her sleep. I leaned in closer to her face, and examined her features. I move some of the messy hair she had behind her face. She was honestly very pretty. I leaned and kissed her forehead, without me even thinking. Suddenly, her eyes popped open and her eyes widened to the size of basketballs.

I'm screwed.