Chapter 2

The Color War

Yixing had no idea what he was doing. How was he supposed to find 6 people who possibly might have a chess piece on a cruiseliner with 1500 people? Was he supposed to simply go up to random people and ask?

Then his phone buzzed, almost as if answering his question and with his left hand, he grabbed it out of his back pocket and opened the unread message. 

This phone will light up when a participant in the Color War comes within a 5-foot radius of you. Good luck.

Yixing began to clutch the small blue knight in his right hand and started to walk with a rather quick pace, glancing at the people that he passed with almost a maddened stare. As he passed each individual, he almost willed his phone to start ringing, so that maybe perhaps, he'll find someone else to share this madness with.

He had ran through a group of Asian tourists almost as some sort of mad man, pushing aganist old men and ignoring their calls for his attention. He stumbled, tripped, and fell to the ground and threw his head up to look at the person who most likely tripped him. His phone had lit up in response to hitting the ground but Yixing paid no attention to it.

Surprised at the rather feminine face staring back at him with a finger on his mouth signaling Yixing to be quiet, Yixing stared dumbly at the boy in front of him.

"Are you an idiot? Do you want to stay here and gain unwanted attention?" The boy asked abruptly as he grabbed Yixing's arm to lift him up. "Any attention is bad. Follow me."

Yixing let himself be pulled by the mysterious boy and he had lead them to a rather small library towards the end of the cruise ship. "Who are you?" Yixing asked quite dumbly when the boy had closed the door behind them.

"Luhan's the name," He started as he took at his hand which Yixing shook, "You're part of this, right? The Color War?"

Yixing's head snapped to take a better look at Luhan. It was quite surprising actually, Yixing would've believed he was a girl if he hadn't taken a good look at him. He had large doe-shaped eyes and a pointed chin with a button nose which were all qualities that you were supposed to find on girls. "What? How did you know?"

Luhan smiled, "Isn't it obvious? It's because I'm also in it."

"W-what?"

"Are you dumb? Or just slow?" Luhan asked, periodically shifting his gaze outside the library door before settling his eyes on Yixing. "I'm part of the war. And like you, I also have my family in danger."

Yixing took a step back, "And what? Are you going to take my piece away?"

"Not at all," Luhan smiled softly, "I'm not going to play their little game. But I need help if I want to save everyone on this ship. Including our families."

"How do I know that I can trust you?"

"You don't. But you're going to have to take the chance." 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Luhan appears as a strong contender!

Anyways, comment and subscribe for more!