Chapter 1

The Color War

"This is a package to be delivered to you, Mr. Zhang Yixing." A rather stout but of average height man in an almost completely white uniform had stood right in front of Yixing's rather small room compartment and had handed over a rather small rectangular box. "Have a nice day. And if you have anything else that you need, don't be afraid to ask."

Yixing nodded, his toothbrush still in his mouth, and his hair rather messy as he had just rose from a nice 10-hour sleep in a rather nice comfy albeit small twin bed. He waved goodbye to the man as he exited the room and carried the package over to the bed. Is this what cruises do now? He wondered as he sat on the bed and began to open the box.

He was surprised as he found a Samsung Galaxy in the box and a small blue chess piece. The phone had a "Play me!" written in black sharpie and Yixing turned his head to the right in puzzlement. Thinking that it was most likely supposed to be some sort of game that the cruises had in order to get people to be more active, Yixing plugged his headphones into the S5 and pressed play.

A woman who had long jet-black hair and wore a rather nice and sharp pencil skirt and matching blaxer appeared on the screen.

"Congratulations! Mr. Zhang Yixing, we have the pleasure to inform you that you were randomly selected to be in the Color War!" She clapped in response, For this competition, you are given a chess piece." Yixing turned and looked back in the box and extracted the little blue knight. 

"Each chess piece are painted to be different colors. There are a total of seven chess pieces with seven different colors and each participant is given a color at random. The goal of this war is to obtain all the other six color pieces that you currently don't have. Nothing is aganist the rules and whoever has all seven chess pieces at the end of 48 hours will be crowned the winner."

Yixing rolled his eyes, not particular interested in whatever the phone had to offer him and began to study the blue chess piece. However, a frightening high-pitched scream filled his ears and he jumped in shock.

"Yixing, baby, Yixing!" The scene had changed and was now filled with a woman who was blindfolded with a blood wound on the top of her head, her entire body bound by ropes. "Don't listen to them! You've got to call the police! Please--" Yixing widens his eyes in horror as his mother is silenced with a baseball bat that was held by a hooded man.

The scene switched back to the well-dressed woman and Yixing can feel his heartbeat slowly raising. "Now, Mr. Zhang Yixing, I hope you understand what is at stake here. The winner wins their live family while the losers...well, we sincerely hope that you have enough time after the cruise to plan a couple of funerals...But, enough with that stuff. Let's go on with the rules.

"Now, the rules are simple. Nothing is aganist the rules in order to obtain the chess pieces, as long as you obtain them. Everything is legal, including murder. But this only applies to participants who have chess pieces. If you, in any case, hurt anyone else that is on the cruise but not in the war, you will be charged with murder and assault. If no one is pronounced the winner after 48 hours, bombs that are hidden within the bottom of the ship will explode and I doubt that's a situtation that any of you would want to be in. Camera are hidden throughout the entire cruise ship, so we will be noting your actions. Any rebellion such as calling the authorities will mean bad news to your family, and I'm sure you don't want them to get hurt more than they need to be. Currently, your phone will allow you to receive any messages from us. The phone will automatically be turned into a timer after this video ends. Oh, it might be a good idea to not let anyone else know about this. "

The woman smiled a huge smile one last time before stating, "Congratulations again! Let the games begin."

The Galaxy S4 buzzed and the video closed and a giant 48:00:00 appeared largely on the screen. Yixing shook his head in disbelief and disorientatedly moved to the rather small bathroom and ran his face under the faucet.

He couldn't believe it. Was it a joke? No, that was clearly his mother tied , gagged, and hurt. He exited the bathroom and stared at the small blue knight that seemed to be staring straight back at him.

His mother's broken and scarred face flashed back into his mind and Yixing can feel his knees growing weaker by the second, to the point where he could barely make his way over to the edge of his small bed. It was ironic, the knees that he relied on for so long throughout his dancing career as an instructor was suddenly giving out on him.

No, he couldn't waste time here. Glancing over at the phone hurriedly, Yixing noted the minute that had passed. He quickly went over to his closet, pulled out a jacket and threw it over his back and ran out of his small compartment.

47:58:37