Changes

Who is My Destiny?

I go to visit my grandma on a holiday break. My grandma is very old now, I'm so worried about her. My brother can't come to visit us this year because he is studying for the big exam. He calls and want to visit too, but grandma told him to stay and study. I feel bad for her, she must have miss him so much. I always sits in front of our house and watch the sunset. I miss my parents so much. Why does that have to happen to them? Sometimes I cry, but grandma always be there for me.

    One day, while we eat, grandma hands me a letter. I read it and I almost choke on my rice. It's a letter from my parents, they wrote it to me and Kyungsoo. They asked grandma to kept it before they died. The words are messy but I manage to read that letter.

"Krystal and Kyungsoo, my beloved son and daugter, we love you so much. We're sorry that we can't stay to watch you grow. We know it's painful, but those pain will go away someday. We're sorry, we're the people that cause those pain to such innocent kids like you two. From now on, don't worry and focus on your study and be successful. We're going to be so proud if you two can do that. That's our only wish. When you both reach the age of 17, you will be transfer to study in the U.S. My good friend there will come and take you to live with them and take good care of you. We think that grandma need to rest by that time. We love you and sorry for everything. We'll be watching you from above. Love, Mom and Dad"

    I was terrified and thoughts start flashing through my mind. How can this be? I was so young I don't know that mom and dad are hospitalized after that accident and they died there. I thought they had died immediately in the accident. That must be painful. I should have known. Why no one told me about this? And now, I'm facing the terrible truth that I must be transfer to study in the U.S. just like my brother. That's my parents wish. I have to do it, but what about my friends here? What about Kai? How can I tell him? We just start this relationship!

Krystal: Grandma! It couldn't be!

Grandma: Krystal...

Krystal: But how come? I'm 17 now and no one tell me about this.

Grandma: I try to wait for the right time to tell you....

Krystal: So now is the right time? I should have known earlier than this.

Grandma: I'm sorry, I was wrong. Now you just have to do what Kyungsoo does. Go and study in the U.S.

Krystal: But grandma...

Grandma: Listen, it's my wish and your parents. We just want to do what's best for you. Now you just have to make a decision.

Krystal: Can you give me time to think first?

    Grandma nod. I stop eating and leave the house. That morning I climb to the very top of the nearest mountain. I sit there and think. It seems like they're forcing me to study in the U.S. But what can I do? I don't want my parents to be disappointed as well as my grandma. I want to do that too, but what about Kai? We just start dating and if I go and tell him I'll be going to the U.S soon, what would happen to him? Urgh... This is frustrating. It's just so hard to deal with all these things that happen all at once! It just hit me so much.