[VIXX] If I Could See You Again

Of Drabbles and Ficlets

leo

~*~

Leo’s fingertips felt strange against the cool wood of the box in front of him. He couldn’t put a finger (oh the irony) on what it was about the stupid box that reminded him of home. But what was home? What was it like to have a family and to have someone that loved you dearly?

What was that like?

You see, Leo didn’t have a home nor a family because they were all selfish bastards. They all hated Leo because of one thing.

Jung Leo was blind.

But he could see through his fingertips and the box in front of him was no different. He couldn’t tell you the colour of the box but he knew it was a box. He couldn’t tell you what the designs looked like but he knew that they were there and that they were beautiful. He couldn’t tell you what the person who made it looked like but he could tell you who he was.

The maker of the box had been a friend from a long time ago. His friend was the only person in the world that knew that Leo lived by himself and that there was no one to love him.

And you know what?

That friend loved him. He loved the poor boy all those years ago because of the gentleness of Leo’s hand and the gentleness of Leo’s voice. That boy was everything to Leo. Everything that people have been told to love and to cherish deeply.

But fate shall always be cruel to Jung Leo no matter how gentle the man was. Life would always throw curve balls to the poor man and leave him rotting in the dust with no one to care but a single memory.

The boy died many years after they had met but it wasn’t a premature death. No the boy grew into a young adult then to adult and finally as an elderly man before he passed. The boy lived his life like any man should but he left behind the one thing he knew would never meet the same fate as he.

Leo.

Leo stopped thinking when his thought went were they should not have been. He forced himself not to think of the past but of the future like he promised his beloved but it was hard. He wanted to be loved and to be cherished like he was all those years ago.

He turned the handle of the box and sighed as he listened to the gentle melody. He was suddenly thrown back all those years ago when the boy would kiss his cheek and place Leo’s fingers against his lips when he spoke.

Leo cried then for a love that he lost. For someone that he could no longer have. But he cried because he could not join his beloved in what was known as death.

 After all, what god could die by human hands?

Word Count: 488