[EXO] One Mistake

Of Drabbles and Ficlets

yixing & kyungsoo

{ Growing Up Is Hard to Do by fir8008 }

ؠؠØ

Yixing takes a drag of his cigarette with Kyungsoo sitting across from him. The smaller male chose an outdoor café for the first talk in months.

“So that’s what happened.” Kyungsoo says. His elbows are propped up on the table and his head is resting on one of the palms as he listens to Yixing’s story. “Sounds like you never left home.”

Yixing laughs bitterly. “I know but you wanna know the ed up thing?”

The smaller hums.

“That group acts worse than we did. Wait than we do. You’d think that they’re the ones in the Mafia. So much ing drama within one little group.”

Kyungsoo snickers when he hears an intake from the next table over and Yixing takes another drag. He smiles before speaking. “Do you hate them?”

Yixing shrugs. “I dunno. Maybe, maybe not. They have been through a lot but still. That’s no way to treat a friend. One mistake is all it takes to everything up. I hate that.

“I barely knew Sehun but then I knew him, you know? It was the look in his eyes that really got me. It was like Myungsoo all over again and he was seven when he died.” The Chinese male pauses. “I had to bury four of my friends before I came here and enough is enough. There’s only so many death of my friends I can handle.”

Kyungsoo nods at what Yixing was saying. It made sense because in the business that they were in, you never knew when you would be coming home with a bullet in your brain or when a loved one was coming with one. 

 “Hell I got ,” Kyungsoo looks down as Yixing continues his rant. “But I met my demon. Maybe it’s time to step up and meet theirs.”

“I’m sorry.” The doe eyed Korean male replies.

Letting out a small smile and reaching over the table to grab Kyungsoo’s hand, Yixing nods. “I know but I forgave you long ago. It took me a while but I still did it.”

“Everyone’s different. Everyone takes their pain differently.”

Yixing sighs at this and takes his final drag before crushing the still burning cigarette. “I know.”

Kyungsoo looks up and meets three pairs of eyes, gawking at them. “You know that they’re here, right?” he asks, switching languages from Korean to Italian.

Yixing lets out a laugh. “I know. That’s why I said what I did.”

“Come home soon, okay? Emilio and Sunggyu miss you.” Kyungsoo says standing up and stretching. “Now if you excuse me, I have a job to do, people to kill and drugs to sell.”

Yixing laughs and waves at his friend as he leaves. “Ciao, Soo.”

“Ciao~”

Word Count: 453