The Truth (Kaieun)

ExoPink Confessions (ExoPink One-Shot Collection)

"Eomma! I'm home! And good evening!" Mingyu cheerfully greeted me as he just came back home from his trip with his uncle and cousin and gave me a quick hug.

"C'mon, let's have dinner. You must be hugry from the trip." I told him and he nodded.

"Eomma, appa is still not home." Mingyu said, a bit sad. He is not used in eating with only the two of us. We always eat together, the three of us.

"Your appa must--" I was about to try explaining something when someone knocked on our apartment's door.

"I will go get it. Just wait here, son." I told him.

 

I opened the door to see Kim Jongin, the guy I never expect to see again. But how did he know I live here?

"Jongin..." I was left speechless. I don't know what to say.

"Naeun!" He hugged me tightly. I tried to push him away but he is too strong.

"Let go! Let me go! How dare you! After what you've done to me!" I punched him on his chest as hard as I can, tears started to flow down on my cheeks.

"Naeun, please let me explain everything." Jongin begged for me to listen.

"Eomma, what's going on? Why are you crying? And who is that?" Mingyu came in to the scene and look at us innocently.

"It's nothing, son." I immediately wiped my tears away, trying to smile as if nothing happened.

"Is it him already?" Jongin asked as he walked towards Mingyu.

"You should go home now, Jongin. Mingyu, go to your room now." I tried to avoid something that I don't want to reveal especially to my son. My son obeyed and went to his room.

"Tell me the truth, Naeun. Am I the..." He was about to ask the question I don't want to be asked by him but I cut him off.

"Go away! Or I will call the security guards!"

"Fine but put this on your mind, Naeun. The truth will eventually reveal sooner or later. Here's my calling card just in case, you change your mind." He shoved it to my hand and left the apartment.

 

 

The last word Jongin said to me before he left the apartment hits me. He is right. Whether I like it or not, the truth will eventually reveal sooner or later. Mingyu will eventually know the truth sooner or later. The truth that Luhan is not his real father but Jongin. But I don't know how will I tell my son. I can't stand seeing him hurt and the worst, I can't stand him hating me when he will find out that I have been keeping this secret from him in his whole life. Luhan also knows about this. Mingyu might be also disappointed to him. It was all my fault and even get Luhan involved in this. I cried all night long, remembering the past.

 

6 years ago...

-Flashback-

Jongin and I was a happy couple in a year. We were so in love with each other. Even the whole world forbids us to be together, we are ready to fight for our love.

We celebrated our anniversary together in a candle light dinner at Jongin's condominium.

"Naeun, I love you so much. I will fight for you no matter what."

"I love you too, Jongin. I will fight for you too no matter what."

We enjoyed the night together, showing and making love with each other.

 

Our relationship went so smoothly not until another woman came into the scene trying to break us apart.

One night, I came to Jongin's condominium to surprise him as I just came back from the family vacation in Japan after one month. I knocked on his unit's door but no response so I just opened the door since I know the password of his unit's door and Jongin doesn't mind it.

As I entered, I saw another pair of shoes. A woman's shoes. But I was too excited to mind it so I roamed around until I went in to the last room, the bedroom. He must be sleeping already. I opened the door only to see Jongin slept with another woman without any clothes on.

"You! ! How dare you!" I pulled the woman's hair as hard as I can that made both Jongin and her woke up.

"Hey! Let go!" The other woman pushed me and I fell on the floor.

"Why did you push her?" Jongin shouted to the woman but she just smirked.

"Naeun!" Jongin ran towards me to help me stand but I refused and slapped his hands away. I stood up and slapped him hard.

"Why did you do this to me Jongin?! I gave you my everything! How could you do this to me?!" I shouted and cried at the same time, punching Jongin on the chest and he trying to stop me.

"Naeun, let me explain."

"You don't have to, Jongin. I understood."

"Naeun. Please."

"Sorry, Naeun-ssi. Jongin is already mine. Just mine." said the woman.

"You ! You seduced me!" Jongin shouted to the woman.

"But you had fun, hadn't you?" The woman pushed more.

"Shut up!" Jongin got pissed off as he clenched his fist.

"CUT IT OUT! Let's break up, Jongin! And you , here he is! He is all yours! Happy? I don't want to see you anymore!" I ran away from the condo building as fast as I could, crying my heart out without caring about the people seeing my condition.

My heart felt something like a lot of bullets shooting it. As I came back to my apartment, I felt my knees weak not from running but from my heart breaking into pieces. I cried and cried and cried.

 

I have been in this condition for almost a month. I can't sleep and eat well until my condition got worse when I felt something in my stomach until I found myself vomitting. As far as I remember, I almost didn't eat anything after that incident, how could I vomit? Remembering Jongin, realization hits me. Could it be?

 

I bought a pregnancy test and it turned out to be positive. I even went to the doctor to check up just to make sure and the doctor stated that I have been pregnant in almost two months now. I cried, not knowing what to do. What should I do? I would not want my child to grow up without a father. I went out from the hospital, crying again and again. I walked in wherever my feet brings me, not even caring about the people around but not until I bumped into someone. I was about to fall on the ground when someone just caught me on time. (A/N: Imagine when you trip then someone caught you, resulting into the hug position. Just like in drama. Hehe! :D)

"Miss, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" A male voice said as he pulled out and put his hands on my shoulder but I just looked down and cried even more.

"Miss-" he was about to say something again.

"I did everything. I gave him everything. With all my love. But why did he do this to me?" I asked weakly in no one in particular, still looking down.

I was about to say something again when he said that made me stop and look straight at him.

"I feel the same way." He said, smiling weakly. I could see sadness through his eyes.

"Your girlfriend cheat on you with another man?" I asked, surprised. I never thought someone also feels that way.

"No. I mean I am also heartbroken but she did not cheat on me. She left me without knowing the real reason why."

"I'm so sorry for that." I felt sorry for him.

I've felt relieved to met someone like him. I feel comfortable talking to him even in this just period of time. We introduced ourselves and talked all about what happened to our lovelives and everything.

Since that day, I met a guy named Luhan. We shared something in common like we were both heartbroken and lonely. Until our relationship developed in something more than friend. And we lived in together with our son, Mingyu.

-End of Flashback-

 

On the next day, I've decided to tell Mingyu the truth so I called Jongin and told him to come into the apartment in lunchtime. I still don't forgive him though but I will do this for the best. Even I will turn the world upside down, Jongin is still the real father of Mingyu and he has still the right for our son. I told Luhan about telling Mingyu the truth and he agreed as he said it is the right time. So, Luhan will also come along with his beloved Bomi.

"Eomma, why did you cook and prepare foods for many people? Is there any occassion today?" Mingyu asked me.

"There is none, son. But your Luhan appa will come here in lunchtime."

"Oh, really? Appa will come home later? Yehey! I miss him already!"

"Now, now, son. You just didn't see him since just yesterday."

"I know but I still miss him."

"So, remember the lady yesterday? And the guy last night?" I asked him.

"You mean miss Bomi? And the guy you called Jongin? He asked to make sure and I nodded as a yes.

"They will also come along, son."

"For what, eomma?"

"You will know later. So, you better prepare yourself now. It is almost lunchtime."
"Okay."

 

 

Just as Mingyu entered his room to prepare himself, Jongin and Luhan along with Bomi arrived in our apartment.

"Come in." I told them and led them to the dining table.

"Thank you for coming. Come, sit. I'll just call my son." They sat as i went my way to Mingyu's room. Well, except Jongin who followed me instead.

"Naeun..." He was about to say something but I cut him off.

"Just for you to know, I'm doing this for the best of my son but it doesn't mean I forgive you already."

"Eomma! I'm done!" Mingyu came outside his room.

"Oh, son. Let's go eat now."

 

As we started eating, Mingyu sat between Luhan and me, Bomi across Luhan, and Jongin across me.It was a very cheerful atmosphere. Well, atleast in my son's case. But as adults, we felt uneasy on how to say it to my son. Seeing him so happy and cherrful made us even more guilty. We didn't know where to start until my son ask something that caught us offguard.

"Appa, eomma, when will you two get married? You know, you are not married yet." Mingyu asked innocently. In such young age, he has a lot of questions already.

"S-sorry... I-I'm s-sorry, son. I love you so much but-" I started to cry that I was not able to continue what I wanted to say.

"Eomma, why are crying? I don't understand." Mingyu asked, very confused.

"Mingyu, we are so sorry but you need to know the truth." Luhan continued instead.

"What truth?" Mingyu asked and blinked in confusion.

"Mingyu, I am not your real father. But whatever happens, I still love you as my son. Okay?" Mingyu started crying, Luhan hugged him, and I cried even more.

"Son, this is your real father, Jongin."

 

 

Since the incident that day, I explained little by little to Mingyu what happened about everything for him to understand. I am so lucky to have a son like him. Despite of everything, he didn't hate me. He tried to understand everything. He is so kind that I am so proud I've raised him into a good boy. Mingyu slowly learned to accept Jongin as I could see that they were getting along day by day. Jongin kept the effort of reaching us out. He tried to catch things up for our son. He kept trying to persuade me for second chance. He told me that he still loves me.

 

But what about me? Did I already forgive him? Can I accept him into my life? Can I love him again?

As Mingyu played in the playground together with other children, Jongin and I sat nearby bench watching our son.

"Jongin" "Naeun" We said at the same time.

"Okay, okay. You first." I told him.

"Fine. So, Naeun, again, I'm so-" I cut him off.

"Jongin, I already forgive you. I'm so sorry I didn't tell you about our son. I'm so sorry for running away from you without letting you explain everything. Jongin, I love you again........

 

No... I still love you. Those years without you, I thought I totally forgot about you but the truth is my love for you just got buried with my anger that I thought I didn't love you anymore. Even though I was with someone else, it is still you even I don't admit it... I still love you, Jongin. Only you."

"Naeun, I love you so much. Let's start over again. With our son Mingyu."

They shared a long passionate but gentle kiss.

 

 

 

So, how is this chapter? Comment below. Up next is KyungJoo. And it is going to be something comedy since my previous chapters are so angst/drama. :)

Btw, how are you? It's been 9 months since I am on hiatus due to personal reason.

For those who waited, thank you for patiently waiting. I really appreaciate it. :*

And thank you for my new subbies. I will work hard and do my best. ;)

I will try my best to update as soon as possible. So, stay stune. ^_^