Crush (Baekji)

ExoPink Confessions (ExoPink One-Shot Collection)

Hello! I'm Jung Eunji. I'm from Busan but today, I am moving in to Seoul to start a new life. I'm incoming freshmen college student in SM-ACube University. I got a scholarship from this university because of my excellent academic records. I'm so happy because I have been dreaming to study in this school and now, I am attending it. I am so excited for my first day tomorrow.

 

~Sunday Afternoon, 1:00pm~

Mom and I just arrived in Seoul and now, we are taking a bus. We went to the apartment where mom rent for me to stay in. When we reached the apartment, I went to my room to unpack my things. Mom came along in my room.

 

"Since you are starting a new life here, let's shop and buy new things for you." Mom said.

"Mom, no need to." I refused.

"No! We must buy new things. You know, starting a new life with new things." Mom insisted.

"Aish~ Okay fine." I scratched my head and sighed in defeat.

"Now, go change." Mom told me and left my room.

I quickly changed. I just wore a simple shirt and jeans with matching sneakers.

"Let's go."

 

When we entered the mall, mom dragged me to the department store. We were in the ladies/girls stuffs area.

Mom picked up some dresses, skirts, light makeups, girls blouses and shoes.

"Eunji-ah, let's buy these ones." Mom said. She sounded like excited. I just rolled my eyes but I can't argue. I know Mom very well. She has always a way to make me give in whenever we argue. So, I just kept silent and nodded forcely.

Aish! Mom! She always tries to make me girly eventhough I don't want to.

One thing that I must tell you. Yes, I am a girl but I am a boyish type of girl. I hate those any girly stuffs.

 

 

After the shopping, we went back to the apartment shortly. Mom unpacked and arranged all the new things we have just bought. I just looked at those things. Aish! I hate it. I just sighed.

"Done!" Mom said as she was done unpacking and arranging the things. I just smiled forcely.

"Are these things enough already? If not, just tell me. Okay?" Mom said as she noticed my expression.

"Uh.. no, mom! These are enough." I said.

"Okay then." Mom smiled.

 

"Eunji-ah, it's time for me to leave and go back to Busan. I'm gonna miss you, dear." Mom said sadly and caressed my hair.

"Mom, I'm gonna miss you too." I said and I can't help to cry. I hugged mom tightly. Eventhough we always argue, I still love my mom. I love her so much.

"Oh dear, don't cry. Please. You have to be strong. Okay?" Mom said as she break the hug and wiped my tears. I just nodded.

"Don't worry I will always call and text you or have a video call so you won't be feel sad and lonely." Mom comforted me.

"Promise?"

"Promise, dear."

We hugged each other tightly once again.

"I have to go now, dear. Good luck to your college life. Fighting! Take care of yourself. I love you." Mom said that last word and left.

"Bye mom! Thank you. Take care too. I love you too. Tell that also to Dad and Yuji unnie." I said to mom before she was finally lost to my sight.

 

 

It was still so early in the morning but I already woke up. I was just so excited for my first day. But you know what, even I feel so excited, there was still something missing. This was the first time that I am without my family by my side. But I remembered what mom told me. I have to stay strong.

So, I started my morning routine. I brushed my teeth and took a bath. As I came out of the bathroom, I opened my wardrobe. There are the girly clothes that mom bought yesterday. I sighed but I didn't touch any of it and just picked my usual clothes, simple t-shirt and jeans, and wore it. I combed my hair and tied it loosely into ponytail. After I prepared myself, I made myself a breakfast.

 

After the morning routine, I went out of my apartment and walked on the way to the bus stop near the apartment. The blow of the wind brushed my skin along with my hair that made my hair band untied my hair since I just tied it loosely, it untied easily. My hair danced along the wind.

"Miss, is this yours?" Someone said as he handed me my hair band. I looked up and it was a guy I think around my age. Damn! This guy was so handsome! I was so distracted to his handsomeness that I didn't notice myself staring at his face for so long.

"Uh.. miss?" He said as he waved his hand on my face that made me back to my sense. I found myself blushing but I tried to hide it.

"Y-yeah. S-sorry. Yes, that's mine." I stuttered a little bit. Gosh! This was so embarassing.

"Here." He handed the hair tie to me.

"Thank you." I said as I get it and tie my hair back.

We kept silent after the small interaction as we waited for the bus. Out of curiousity, I took a look of his ID. Guess what? He is also attending the same university as mine. Gosh! I took a look of his ID again to see his name. Byun Baekhyun. So, that is his name. And he is a second year college. One year ahead of me.

 

 

We took the same bus but we took a sit separately. We didn't talk to each other anymore even we walked and entered together in the gate of the university. As we got inside the campus, many fangirls ran to approach him pushing theirselves trying to get his attention. I just stared for a while. So, this guy is popular huh? Then suddenly, the school bell rang. Oh! Crap! I'm going to be late if I will still stand here. I ran as fast as I can on the way to my class. This is it Jung Eunji. Fighting! As I arrived to my first class. I took a deep breath before I came inside the room.

 

 

 

Ever since I found out he is popular among the girls, I just keep to myself my crush on him and only myself know. He has a lot of pretty fangirls and I am not pretty to be notice by him after all. But well, my college life still went smoothly though. Now, it was my first month in college. I made friends already named Yoon Bomi and Park Chorong. We became bestfriends because we found out that we have a lot of similarities and share something in common. But today, I am all alone because Bomi and Chorong were busy with their boyfriends, Luhan and Suho. They were also attending the same university as us. I ate alone in the canteen. Aish! I am not used of eating alone. I sighed until my phone vibrated. I took out my phone in my pocket and look at the screen. There was unknown number texted me.

 

'Hi. Jung Eunji, right? Can we be friends?'

Who the heck would be texting me without even saying who he/she is?! And how the heck did he get my number? I hesitated but my mind told me to text that person back so I replied.

'Yes, I am. Tell me who are you first.'

Just in a minute, that person replied back.

'I'm Byun Baekhyun. The one who handed back your hair tie in the bus stop one month ago. Remember?'

 

My eyes widen in shock. Gosh! It is Byun Baekhyun the guy I have a crush on since that day in the bus stop. I can't believe it. It is just unbelievable. A popular guy will text someone boyish and not pretty like me. I just can't believe it. I slapped my cheeks if ever this was just a dream but it was not. My heart skipped a beat faster.

Then, my phone vibrated again.

'Look around the canteen.'

 

Gosh! He is here! Did he see me? What should I do?

But I don't want to look obvious, I calmed myself and tried not to blush. So. I slowly look around the canteen. There he is. Our eyes met and he smiled. That smile. Oh my! I feel like I want to faint. But I immediately looked away. I looked down to hide my cheeks that already red as tomato.

 

When I looked to his direction again, I was shocked again because he slowly walked towards me. My heart skipped a beat again but faster than earlier. I faked cough to ease my nervousness. I tried to calm myself as I can.

"Hi. I'm Byun-" Before he could finish his sentence, I ran away from him. I didn't know why I did it. But I just feel that I am not confident enough to face him. I am just a boyish girl who is not pretty. And I don't want to be delusional that he might like me because he was texting me and trying to talk to me. I don't want to assume anything. So, it is better to avoid him before I would expect something more and might end up being hurt.

 

 

 

After that incident, I always avoid him. I changed my number so he can't contact me anymore. I even threatened my friends Chorong and Bomi, even their boyfriends Suho and Luhan so they won't give my new number to Baekhyun. I found out that he got my number because he is friends with Suho and Luhan and they got it through Chorong and Bomi.

Even I keep on avoiding him, Baekhyun won't still give up. Aish! What's with this guy? There are many pretty fangirls of him who keep on chasing him yet he keep on chasing me? A girl who is not even look like a girl. i don't understand at all.

 

 

It has been one month and few weeks passed already since Baekhyun keep on chasing me and in the other hands, I keep on avoiding him.

While I was walking along the hallways, I happend to see Luhan and Suho. They walked towards me and held my arms tightly. They dragged me forcely to somewhere I don't know where.

"Yah! Let me go! Where will you bring me?" I struggled to get out of their grips but they are stronger.

"Just follow us, will you?" Luhan said.

"And you will see." Suho added.

I just gave in and just let them drag me. They brought me to the place where no people around. In the rooftop.

"Here we are." Suho said and finally let me go.

"We have to go now." Luhan said and let me go as well.

They left and I was confused. What the? They brought me here and left. What's this?

Then, I heard a click on the door knob of the rooftop. What the?! I ran to the door and opened it but it was lock!

"Yah! Let me go out!" I shouted my lungs out.

"I'm so sorry, Eunji." That was all I heard from Luhan and Suho. I was confused. I don't understand. What's going on?

Then, I heard a footstep. I looked up only to see Baekhyun.

"You're here too?" I said, shocked to see him.

"Yes, obviously." He said simply.

"I didn't notice you. Hehe." I laughed awkwardly.

I turned to the door again, trying to open it again. But it won't work. I keep on hitting the door until I heard Baekhyun chuckled.

"Yah! Why don't you help me here? Don't you know that we are locked in this rooftop?!" I shouted as I looked up at him.

"Eunji-ah, please stop avoiding me, will you?" He said instead of answering my question.

"What are you talking about?" I knew what he was talking about but I was just trying to avoid it.

 

 

"You know what I mean. Don't try to avoid it. But Eunji, really, I like you. I may have a lot of pretty fangirls out there but my eyes only look at you. You may not a girly like them but for me, you are beautiful. You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I fell for you at first sight during that incident in the bus stop. When the time, the wind brushed your hair that made it untied. That hair danced along the wind. At that time, I feel like seeing an angel. You are simply amazing just the way you are, Eunji.....

 

 

 

 

Will you give me a chance to court you?" Baekhyun said with all his heart. I could see in his eyes that he is sincere. I felt warmed and touched in what he just said. I left speechless. But I can't help but to smile and I slowly nodded.

"So, is it a yes?"

"Yes, Mr. Byun Baekhyun! I will give you a chance."

 

Ever since Baekhyun started to court me, I started to wear all those girly clothes mom bought for me and I gained more confidence. I was thankful his fangirls accepted the fact that their beloved Byun Baekhyun the mr. popular in the university is already courting me and even supporting him. And I was thankful I didn't get bashed by them.

 

One year have passed and I am in my second year in college already while Baekhyun is in his third year. It has been also a year already since he started courting me.

 

I walk into the campus receiving a greet from some students. I became popular since Baekhyun courts me so I am used to this already. But today is unusual though because some students gave me red roses one by one. Then Baekhyun showed up holding a boquet of roses and started singing with Suho and Luhan holding up the big banner with 'Will you be my girlfriend?' written on it and, Chorong and Bomi taking pictures. (A/N: Imagine Baekhyun sings the More Than Words. See the Lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/e/extreme/more+than+words_20052203.html)

"Jung Eunji, I love you from the bottom of my heart. No words can explain how much I love you. Will you accept my heart and be my girlfriend?"

I don't know what to say but I felt my tears threatening to fall down my cheeks and found myself nodding.

"Yes, I will."

He jumped and threw his fist in the air. The crowd who witnessed this public proposal clapped their hands.

We hugged each other tightly and was about to kiss when we heard coughs, whistles and catcalls from the crowd in a teasing way. We almost forgot that we are still in the campus. We looked to each other then blushed. Then we heard giggles from none other than the SuRong and HanMi couple and gave them a 'what?' look.

"Really, you two get a room." Suho teased wrapping his arms around Chorong.

"Yeah, right. You two should get A ROOM." Luhan emphasized the last two words intertwining his fingers with Bomi.

Chorong and Bomi just giggled. Baekhyun and I ended up being teased by the two couples for the rest of this day.

But this day was really one of the most wonderful day ever in my whole life.

 

As the day ended, Baekhyun and I walked together. We stood by the bus stop in a silent mode but a comfortable silence. This is the exact bus stop where we first met. I reminisced the day we first met in this same bus stop where I got a crush on him and giggled with the thoughts.

"What makes you giggling, Eunji-ah? It might me a problem to fix. Hahaha!" Baekhyun joked.

"Yah! What is that supposed to mean?" I hit him lightly on his chest while pouting.

But we ended up laughing with each other.

"Uhmmm.. remember the day we first met in this exactly sane bus stop?" I asked him after we calmed down from lauging.

"Of course, I won't forget it. That is the the first time ever in my whole life to be interested with a girl and wanted to spend my time with a girl. And the first time I fall in love with a girl and it happened to be you. I love you!"

"Thanks for this bus stop then because we found each other. I love you too."

We hugged each other and shared a kiss.

 

 

 

Chapter 3 DONE! To be honest, I am not satisfied on this chapter. I was in the rush so I am sorry for the idea of this story. And sorry also to the grammars.

Thank you my beloved subbies for keep on looking forward. I will do my best to satisfy you.

Your upvotes and comments will make me motivated to write a better one and inspired me to have a good idea.

I am really sorry for not replying your comments sometimes. It's just I am quite busy and don't have time to. My sincere apology to all for you.