Follow you heart (Haneun)

ExoPink Confessions (ExoPink One-Shot Collection)

It was early in the morning when I am preparing breakfast. I was focused in my cooking until a pair of arms wrapped around my waist that startled me a little. I turned around only to see my beloved boyfriend Luhan.

"Good morning, jagi!" Luhan greeted me and gave me a quick peck on the lips.

"Good morning! C'mon, jagi. Breakfast is ready."

 

It was time for Luhan to leave for work so that leaves us, our son Mingyu and I alone in the apartment.

"Eomma, can I go play outside with the other children?" Mingyu asked me for permission.

"Of course, you can. But can you go on your own now?" I asked just to make sure.

"Yes. I am a big boy now, eomma!" He stated himself proudly.

"I am so proud of you, son. You can go." I said and kissed his forehead.

"Thank you, eomma. I'm going." He smiled and skipped happily to the door.

"Be careful. Don't be too late." He nodded before he finally left to play outside.

 

Now, I was all alone. So, I took this chance to clean our whole apartment since no one is around this time.

I decided to clean the bedroom first, Luhan and I's bedroom. I started to clean our bed then our wardrobe. I rearranged and reorganized all the things in the wardrobe then stopped when something in the wardrobe caught my attention. It was an old photo album. This must be Luhan's. I never have this before but if this is his, why he never mention this before. Out of the curiousity, I get the album and scanned the first page. To my surprise, it contained with a couple of pictures of Luhan and a beautiful girl. Could it be.... I was not able to finish my thought when I saw a small hand writting which is 'Lu Han <3 Yoon Bomi' written on the bottom of the pictures. Yoon Bomi. His ex-girlfriend 8 years ago. I turned the other pages only to see a lot of pictures of the ex-couple very inlove with each other. I could tell even it is just in the picture.

 

"Jagi... oh! What are you doing?" Someone called and I jumped, that the album slipped off from my hand, in surprise to see Luhan entered our room and asked me.

"A-ah.. I-I'm going to ask the same. Aren't you in the work?" I asked trying to be calmed.

"I forget something important in the nightstand so I came back."

"Oh, I see."

He walked near the nightstand to get the thing but stopped when something got his attention. The album I was about to keep from him but it is too late already. His eyes widened as he saw it but then frowned.

"Ah-ahh.. This.. I-I saw it wh-when.. I c-clean..." I stuttered and tried to explained everything when he cut me off by hugging me. He pulled out from the hug and looked deeply in my eyes.

"You don't have to explain, jagi. We don't have to talk about this either. There's no point of coming back in the past. So, forget it." He explained as he caressed my cheeks and kissed me on the forehead. We stayed like this for a while before Luhan left again to come back to his work.

 

 

Another ordinary morning came not until someone knocked on our apartment's door. Who would come this early in the morning? But still opened the door though only to see a very beautiful lady in a very simple yet elegant dress, I could see that her eyes widened for a second but then back to her normal look. It took me some minutes to process who is this lady standing in front of me until I've finally realized it is Luhan's ex-girlfriend. Yoon Bomi. I was about to open my mouth to say something when someone cut me off..

"Eomma! I have something to tell you!" Mingyu excitedly walked towards me but then stopped and blinked before he asked me.

"Eomma, who is that?" Mingyu asked me looking at the lady cluelessly.

"Jagi, Mingyu-ah!" I was about to say something again when someone else cut me off again. This time, it was Luhan. But then, he also stopped when he saw the lady.

"B-bomi?" He was in the state of shock.

"Ah! Yes, This is me. Yoon Bomi. Long time no see. It has been 8 years, eh? How are you?" She said in a cheerful tone but I could see through her eyes that it is completely fake.

"Yeah. Well, I'm fine. Why don't you come in?" Luhan invited her. Mingyu and I just looked at their interaction.

"No, thanks. I just happened to visit an old friend not so far from here and I heard from your friends Chanyeol and Lay you're living here so I thought of passing by. So, this is your family Chanyeol and Lay talked about?" She said as she stared at Mingyu and I smiling.

"Oh, I almost forgot. This is Son Naeun. My girlfriend. And our 4 years old son Mingyu. We're not yet married but living in together." Luhan introduced as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Hello. Nice to meet you. I'm Yoon Bomi. Luhan's old friend. You've got a beautiful girlfriend and cute son, Luhan." She bowed a little to us and smiled but I could see her tears was threathening to fall down.

"Thank y--"

"I have to go, Luhan. Bye. Nice to meet you, Naeun-ssi and to your son. Bye." Luhan was still not yet finished what he is going to say when Bomi cut him off and ran away from the apartment. Luhan was left dumbfounded.

"Mingyu-ah, you should wash yourself now and get ready to your trip with your uncle and cousin. They must be here in 20 minutes from now." I told Mingyu and he did as what I told him to.

I choose this moment to ask him the question I was bothered since the incident when I found and saw his old photo album with his ex. But this question is also the one that I was afraid to ask because it might be hurt to hear. After that incident, even he assured me that he doesn't care about the past anymore, I can't help but notice his unusual self. Even he doesn't say a word, I could tell. His action speaks louder than his words. I started to think that maybe.. just maybe that he is still in love with Yoon Bomi. His first love. During that incident when he saw the album, I could tell. I could see through his eyes that even after 8 years ago, he is still in love with her. In our 4 years relationship, the way he looks at her and the way he is around with her is very way different when he is with me. He never looks at me like that.

And when he saw her just now, I started to think even more that my thoughts are right. Even it didn't seem so obvious to Bomi but I could see. So, I jumped to the conclusion that they are still in love with each other. Now, I just want to hear it from Luhan.

 

"Jagi?" I called him to get his attention.

"What is it?" He asked.

"You still love her, don't you?" I asked trying not to let my tears fall down.

"What are you talking about?" He tried to avoid the question, not even looking at me in the eyes.

"I know it. Even you don't say it. I know your heart is still yearning for her." I said trying to smile but ended up crying.

"Jagi.. it-it's..." He tried to explain.

"Please don't make it hard for me. Being with you but you love someone else hurts me even more. So, go and chase after her before it's too late."

"But how about Mingyu?" He asked worried.

"Don't worry. Just leave him to me." I assured him.

"Naeun, I'm really really sorry. I don't know what to say but I'm really sorry. Please forgive me."

"Luhan, I understand. You don't have to explain."

"Thank you."

"Follow your heart." I told him and he smiled before he left to chase after Bomi.

 

From our apartment's window, I saw Luhan and Bomi reunited again. It hurts me but seeing them so happy with each other is enough for me.

The lesson learn 'follow your heart'.

 

"Eomma! I'm done preparing! But wait, where's appa?" Mingyu asked me when he noticed Luhan is not around anymore.

"Oh. Your appa left for something emergency." I lied to him. I am not yet ready to tell him what had just happened a while ago.

"Oh, I see."

"C'mon. Breakfast is ready. Let's start to eat."

We started to eat with a joyful atmosphere Mingyu bringing out. Seeing my son happy made me smile and cheer up. But I can't help but also feel guilty. The more happy Mingyu is, the more guilty I am.

Should I tell now 'The Truth'?

 

 

 

How is the 4th chapter? Feel free to comment. :)

Spoiler Alert: Kaieun next. The next chapter has to do with this chapter. Stay tune. :)

As I said in the 1st chapter, there would be a sequel for Hanmi. But I still don't know when I will write it. There is still a lot of ships to write so please wait for a long while for the sequel. ^_^

Thank you to the new subscribers. Please upvote and comment. Thank you! ^_^