We Need to Talk

예쁜남자 (Pretty Man)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Heechul quickly took the picture and ran into the living room while Dana and Gunhee were still upstairs. He ran up the stairs and into Dana's living room, interrupting the grooming session. He grabbed Dana by the wrist and led her out into the hall. He held up the picture and pushed her against the wall.

 

"WHO IS THIS GIRL IN THE PICTURE?!"

 

Dana was a bit angry and confused by his force. She looked at the picture and looked back at him, still confused.

 

“What the hell are you doing?” Dana asked

“대답해 (Answer me)!” Heechul shouted

“Why would I have this picture if it wasn't me?!” she asked, annoyed

 

Dana grabbed the frame from him and pushed him away. Gunhee stood a few feet away, confused by Heechul's behavior. Heechul grabbed the frame back and pointed to the little boy.

 

“Do you know who this is??” he asked impatiently

“I guess a playmate? I don't remember much from before we moved to China” she said

 

Gunhee quickly interrupted and pushed Heechul further away. He took the frame from the latter and looked at Heechul with the same expression Heechul had when he first saw it. He looked at Dana who was still very much confused about everything.

 

“Why do you have this?” Gunhee asked

“Why would I have a picture of me as a child?” she asked

“Do you have any idea who this little boy is?” he asked

“I told you. I don’t remember much from back then” she said

 

Heechul looked her straight in the eyes. He knew when someone was lying just by looking at their eyes. Dana was telling the truth, she really had no idea who the little boy in the picture was. Dana grabbed the frame once again and looked at Heechul then back at the boy in the picture.

 

“What’s with you?” she asked

 

Heechul suddenly stepped back and looked at Gunhee. The latter didn't say a word because he had no idea where to go from there.

 

“Now if you would excuse me, I have to get ready for my date” Dana said

 

She was about to go back into the room when Heechul grabbed her by the arm. He had a very serious expression on his face.

 

“야 (hey)!” she shouted

“I can’t go out with you tonight” Heechul said seriously

“You’re joking, right? I spent all day looking for the perfect outfit” she whined

“I just can’t” he said seriously

 

This was the first time Heechul actually sounded serious and Dana didn't know why she didn't fight back. She saw in his eyes that there was something wrong so she just nodded slowly. Gunhee had a lot of questions for Heechul and he was starting to list them all down in his head.

 

“Fine” she said

 

Ignoring her, Heechul slowly went downstairs and went straight out the door. Dana looked at Gunhee who was still holding a hairdryer.

 

 

 

 

“희철아 (Heechul-ah)...Can I ask what that was all about?” asked Gunhee

 

Heechul just lay in his bed and faced the wall. He was still wearing his grey shirt and pants as he looked at nothing. He even ignored Gunhee who was sitting at the foot of his bed, trying to get his attention for the past hour.

 

“I guess I just have to say it...so Dana was the little girl you saved 20 years ago...and she was also… you know..” Gunhee said trying to put the pieces together

 

Heechul was listening but chose not to respond. Gunhee just summed up everything and he felt like he just stepped into a scene from a movie. Out of the 7 billion people on earth, how is it possible that he met her again? Those were the things he would only hear from those perfectly made scripts that he never thought would actually be possible to happen. He still couldn't accept that this was reality.

 

“So… what are you going to do now?” Gunhee asked

 

Heechul kept silent. It was too early to ask such a question considering everything came in one fell swoop. Asking questions was the only thing Gunhee could think of doing because he was too curious. He felt the unanswered questions burning inside him but realized that Heechul must feel worse at the moment.

 

“I'll just be outside watching TV if you plan on standing up anytime soon” said Gunhee

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter