08

Daddy of 3, Kris

“We will now let the bride in.” The announcer said as the door of the wedding hall open wide, welcoming the bride of the day in. Hyuna walked in with her father hand in hand.

You were standing in the front row of guest and smiling wide looking at your long time best friend getting married. Somehow, it feels like you just let your daughter marries off to a good guy that you know will take care of her good.

After exchanging of rings, the announcer said, “We also have a special performance by our little ten years old guest named Wu Aiden! Let’s welcome him to give the newlyweds his special performances.”

Aiden step up onto the stairs with his little legs and stands in the middle front of the stage and begin his speech.

“Kai hyung, Hyuna nuna, I’ve prepared this song with Lay hyung especially for both of you and I hope it will make you smile. I will pray that you will have a blissful marriage and last long. I love you.” Aiden said as he sat on the high chair and started to strum his guitar with Lay.

Kris, smiled looking at Aiden and he grabs your hand as he said, “I can’t wait for the twins to grow up and be like their older brother.”

---

 

 

After the wedding, you and your family went straight back home wanting to go to sleep right when you’ve settled down since it has been a busy day. But before going to each rooms, Aiden sat down on the living room sofa and kept quiet.

You noticed his behavior and walked to him, asking what’s wrong all of a sudden.

“What’s wrong?” You asked, putting your arms over his shoulder.

“Omma, do you know what I learnt today?” He said.

“I don’t. Would you like to tell me then?” You said.

He let out a small smile and looked at you, “I’m a good boy.”

You giggled and laughed but stopped when you realized he was being serious, “Oh, you’re serious?”

“Yes, omma.” He pouted.

“Sorry, honey. Of course you are a good boy. What makes you say that?” You asked, curious about what he was thinking about.

 

“Remember my friend Hyunwoo?” He asked and you nodded. “His parents got divorce and whenever I want to talk to him and play toys with him, he didn’t respond to me and all he says is he hates his dad for leaving his mum and then he cried.”

He continued, “Then I told him that my dad isn’t my real one and my real one isn’t married to my mum. But I told him that it happened to me once but I didn’t hate on any one of you. Then he listens to me and he said he doesn’t want to hate on his dad anymore.”

You sighed thinking about what he said and lean your back on the sofa.

“You know, honey, sometimes life doesn’t work the way you want it to work. I love how matured you are even though you’re only ten, I swear I was not matured until I was in my teenage years. But then I also learned from you that if you can be a strong child to handle the past and the present, I shall to be strong for the sake of our family, right?” You placed his head on your shoulder and let him hear you out.

“I don’t want you to remember the past anymore because I don’t want. I don’t want to have those painful memories right now when we can live our life happier. So, let’s just forget about what happened when you were little and just be the good boy you are to me, your daddy and your little siblings, alright?”

Aiden nodded and he slowly sleeps on your shoulder.

“I love you.”  You whispered as your watch beeps and it shows the time 12am, a new start of day, which also mark Wu Aiden’s 11th birthday.

“And thank you for being born.” You added and you called Kris, who was in the children’s bedroom putting the twins to sleep, to carries Aiden to his bed.

---

 

 

“Oppa, you’re not sleeping yet? What are you doing?” You asked when you woke up after two hours of sleep which is already 2am.

“I’m preparing something. You just sleep alright.” Kris said as he scrolls down the website on his laptop.

You sense something is different and you sat up, sitting beside him.

“Are you going to bring Aiden here later?” You asked, widening your eyes.

“Yes and I bet you he’ll likes it.” Kris grinned.

“Are you kidding me, of course he will like it!” You said as you lean closer to the laptop screen until something hit you on your mind.

“You remember his birthday.” You smiled.

Kris raised his eyebrow, “Are you sleeping right now because I think you are, babe.” He continued, “Of course I remember. I was there when you cried and shout and pinch my arms till it gets bruises and then in the morning it was an emotional day for you.” He teased.

“Oh shut up. You’re such a teaser. Well. If you want to go to that place and celebrate your son birthday without yawning much, you better go to sleep now.” You said as you went back to your bed and slept through the morning.

---

 

 

The clock strikes nine in the morning and it is a perfect Sunday weather to go out and celebrate Aiden’s birthday. Since he is a good dad from the beginning, Kris decided to make Aiden’s birthday breakfast meal and surprise him.

“Honey, tell me when Aiden wakes up and don’t let him come into the kitchen alright?” Kris said to you before heading out to prepare the meal.

“Alright, go and do your job of being the good daddy, oppa. I’m counting on you.” You said as you get up from bed to prepare for the day ahead.

 

 

Kris takes out all the ingredients needed out and start to wash and cut the vegetables, slice the chicken, boil the water to make seaweed soup, fries the eggs and also not forgetting Aiden’s favorite orange juice. While he was cooking, you went into the kids room and find Evia and Jayden are already awake but not Aiden.

“Shhh, your brother is still sleeping.” You put your finger on your lips and went to carry both of the twins out of their crib and then went over to the kitchen to see how Kris is doing.

“It seems like you have tons of works to do before he wakes up. Do you need any help from me?” You asked when realizing Kris looked lost for a moment.

“Umm, do we put in the anchovies and let it boil or do we put the seaweed first?” Kris asked which makes you cracked up. “Silly head, of course you let the anchovies boil first and then put the seaweed. My goodness, let me just help you.” You shook your head and put the twins down on the dinner table and went over to help Kris.

 

 

The loud noises in the kitchen eventually woke Aiden up. Aiden rubbed his eyes and went over to slides his curtains open and open up the window to let the fresh air in. He then realized it is the day when he finally turned 11, just a few years more until he stepped into the teenager year. He opens the door and wanted to go to the kitchen but you heard his door open and you went to tell him to go to shower first.

Aiden pouted and thought that you and Kris forgot his birthday since you didn’t wish him happy birthday like you always did past years.

---

 

 

“He’s awake, will you hurry up, oppa?” You hurried up and clean the mess as Kris made the last thing on the birthday menu which is the orange juice.

“Don’t be too suspicious alright? Just call him and let him see the birthday dish prepared by his lovely father.” Kris smiled and push you slightly, “Quick, woman!” He grinned.

You shook your head at his excitement and went to call Aiden, “Aiden! Breakfast is ready. Wear your clothes and come over, alright?” You shouted at the bathroom and he shouted back, “I will be ready in 5 minutes!”

You take a step into Aiden’s room wanting to clean up the mess but there was no mess. It was clean and very neat.

“Omma.” Aiden called you from behind.

“Oh, come out when you have your clothes on alright?” You smiled and left the room.

 

 

The doorbell rings unexpectedly and you’re shock at the sudden guest but before you were able to look at who’s at the door, Kris came running from the kitchen out to open the door.

“It’s the cake.” Kris grinned at you and received the cake then quickly walks back to the kitchen not wanting to give away the surprise to Aiden.

The moment Aiden’s leg stepped into the Kitchen floor, Kris and you start to sing the birthday song.

“Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to Wu Aiden. Happy birthday to you!”  Both you and Kris sang and Aiden were standing there not knowing how to react at the surprise he never would have imagine happened.

“Thanks omma. Thanks appa.” Aiden ran to you and Kris, giving both of you the tightest hug he has ever given. “I thought you forget.” Aiden smiled innocently and face downwards to hide his tears.

“Aww honey, of course we won’t forget. Come here and blow the candles then we can eat.” You wiped his tears and bring him to the dining table.

“Make your wish.” Kris told and put the cake nearer to the birthday boy.

Aiden closes his eyes and made a wish and then blew it out, “I can’t tell you my wish because if I do, it won’t come true.”

“You don't have to tell us. Let’s eat.” Kris said and the three of you began to eat the breakfast Kris prepared.

---

 

 

 

“Are you ready to go in?” Kris asked as he left the car with just Aiden since you and the twins stayed indoors.

“Where are we going?” Aiden asked as he left the car as well.

“Did you bring the thing I asked you to bring?” Kris reminded Aiden. Aiden nod and then both of them went inside the shop.

“I’ve made a reservation under Kris Wu.” Kris told the receptionist and she bring both of them inside a room where there’s quite a number of people in too.

 

Aiden looked around the workshop with his big shining eyes and obviously he was feeling really excited to get working on it.

“You can personalize your own guitar using your own design. There will be tools and all the things that you would want to use.” The worker said as he showed an example to both the father and son.

Aiden’s eyes lit up in excitement and he can’t wait to start personalizing his own guitar and guitar pick.

 

“Alright, buddy. You can start drawing. What kind of drawing do you want to put on your guitar?” Kris asked as he looks at Aiden’s thinking face.

“Hmm, since you thought me on how to play guitar, I want to put our name together.” Aiden smiled as he grabs a piece of paper and a pencil to draw the names together.

“Aww, that’s so nice of you. Are you sure you want to put my name? Won’t you be embarrassed later when you’re using it?” Kris asked, wanting to know more.

“No I won’t.” Aiden pouted and he starts to draw.

Ten minutes after designing his and Kris’s name to be put on the guitar pick, he went to design a design for his guitar.

“How about the guitar, what will you put here?” Kris questioned. The birthday boy smiled at his idea and wrote down five letters.

K, A, A, E, J

“DONE!” Aiden shouted in happiness as he completed his very own one and only design.

 

 

Two hours later, the boys came back and you were literally going to pass out anytime because the twins were being so hyper that you can’t even control them. Luckily Kris came back earlier that you thought.

“Honey, are you okay?” Kris asked as he walks over to the twins and plays with them.

“Can I go to sleep? They’re so hyper and loud. Did you give them sugar or something?” You asked, yawning.

“Not sure why.” Kris laughed and called Aiden to show his guitar to you.

“Show omma your guitar, Aiden.” Kris said. Your eyes went wide awake and called Aiden to sit beside you on the sofa.

“Did you have fun?” You asked Aiden. “Yes, really fun! Look, omma.” He said as he brings out his precious guitar and guitar pick.

You smiled at the design and you his cheeks, “Why did you grow up to be so sweet?”

Aiden grinned innocently and ask you if you know what the letter on the guitar stands for.

“How about you let me know?” You said.

 

Kris, Ara, Aiden, Evia, Jayden.” He answered.

 

 

---

 

Totally sorry for not updating as often as I usually do.

Please don't forget to check out my other stories too. Love you <3