02

Daddy of 3, Kris

---

 

 

“Wake up, pregnant women.”

Hearing his voice, you slowly open your eyes and tried to sit up but failed because you turn your body to the left, wanting to sleep more.

“It’s 8 in the morning. Aren’t you going to open your store for business today?” You know he’s joking when he says its 8, “There’s a clock there, and I can see the time clearly!” You throw a pillow at his back while he was getting ready to go to work.

“Aish! You mess it up, honey!” Kris hissed and restyles his hair back. The door of your master bedroom opens and Aiden comes in with his school uniform, “Omma, breakfast?” as he looks at you with his wide eyes.

“Can’t you see your mum is still sleeping? I give you money so go and eat at school alright?” Kris takes out his wallet and gives Aiden his pocket money.”

You finally wake up fully and stand up, walking to Aiden, “Sorry, honey. I’ll make for you tomorrow okay?” looking at both of the guys that have get themselves ready for work and school you said, “And can you both please don’t wake up earlier than me? I feel useless around here.”

---

 

 

“That will be $4.50.” You key in the order and wait for the customer to give you the money. “Your Vanilla smoothie will be ready in two minutes.”

You walked inside the kitchen to have some rest for a while since it has been a hard day at your café. People keep coming in non-stop, which is good for your business but it is absolutely tiring.

“You rest here first, I can help you manage the shop.” Hyuna dropped by after finishing her class for the day. You agreed with her and close your eyes for a while and rubbing your belly softly to ‘talk’ to the twin.

“How lucky am I that I can have identical twins different in gender, huh?” You smiled and one of the twin kicked your belly hard, “Ouch, Evia that’s too hard. Have pity on your tired mum.”

After going to the doctor checkup, the doctor said Evia, the girl, is much more active than Jayden and she always stays at the bottom of your stomach so whenever you feel the baby is kicking, you know it’s Evia since Jayden doesn’t really kick but once in a while he does and it hurts, it feels like your ribcage is going to break any moment.

Also, it’s the mother instinct to know which child is it of theirs that is kicking inside her belly, if she’s having a twin or triplet or more.

Looking at how the café is going, you felt lucky to have a long last friend like Hyuna to help you in times of help since Kris can’t always be there for you. The thing about Hyuna is she has a boyfriend but she doesn’t even want to let you know yet who the guy is.

“You’ll know when it’s time.” Is always what Hyuna told you every time you asked her about her boyfriend.

 

It’s finally time for you to close the shop and since Hyuna is the one who has been helping you half of the days, you had a good nap while she’s busy working.

You felt bad about asking her to help you while you need rest so you wanted to treat her to dinner, “Hyuna, I’m sorry. I slept throughout the day and you’re the one who managed the shop.” You sealed your lips in guilty and put your arms on her shoulder, “Should we eat ramen tonight, my treat?”

“No, Ara. You always said you want ramen but when you got it, you didn’t eat it.” She shook her head in disagreement.

“Anyways, I can’t eat dinner with you. I’m meeting someone.” She smiled as she wiped the counter cleaned.

“Who’s your boyfriend? Are you really not going to introduce me to him?” You widened your eyes in curiosity but that doesn’t change Hyuna’s mind.

“I’m sorry, babe. You’ll know when it’s time. It’s time to go home.” She put the sanitize towel aside and turns off all the electrical used.

“Kris here.” She points to Kris’s car as his car approached both of you. “Good night, if I have time I will go out and have dinner with you together. I love you, babe.” She hugged you and feel your belly, “Be good to your mummy Evia, Jayden.”

Kris honked the car and opened it from inside for you, “Why is she in a rush? I just thought of wanting to send her home.” Kris asked you as you enters the car, “She said she wants to go somewhere with her boyfriend.”

“Appa, I’m hungry. Can we quickly go and eat dinner?” Aiden at the back seat complaining about how his stomach grumble every minute.

Being the mummy, you felt guilty of not packing lunch for him, “Honey, you didn’t eat at school?”

“I ate but didn’t finish it. The rice is so hard it felt like I’m eating plastic because it cannot be chewed.” Aiden whined.

“Alright, what do you want for tomorrow lunch?” You asked as you fasten your seatbelt before Kris starts the engine back.

“Chicken burgers!” Aiden shouted in joy and you acted like you’re puking, “CHICKEN BURGERS?!”

Kris laughed at you and shook his head, “Your mum is experiencing the worst pregnancy ever. When she’s pregnant with you Aiden, she doesn’t even crave anything and she doesn’t hate anything at all. But now, it seems like she hates everything that is yummy, like pancakes and chicken burgers.”

“You’re mean.” You pouted as you look at the front.

“How about changing your chicken burgers to pancakes for lunch, Aiden?” Kris teased you as he eyes you slightly while still driving.

“I’ll just have rice and kimchi.” Aiden voice tones down and he slouched his shoulder in disappointment of not getting any chicken burgers for tomorrow school packed lunch.

---

 

 

“I got 89 marks for my science test, appa. Look.” Aiden takes out his worksheet and pass it to Kris while having some traditional soups for dinner. You’re so jealous that Aiden only looked at Kris and not you, “Do I not exist in your world anymore, son?” You emphasized the ‘son’ as if you’re angry at Aiden.

Aiden look at you weird and then he realized he did something wrong, “I’m sorry, omma.” Aiden grabbed the paper on Kris’s hands and give it to you, “You can look at it.”

“It’s okay, I’m enjoying my food right now.” You smiled and gives the paper back to Kris as he gladly accepted it and look through all the mistakes his son makes.

“Name 9 of the planets.” Kris said out one of the question and letting Aiden to answer it.

“Pluto, Neptune, Uranus, Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Earth, Venus and Mercury.” Aiden answered it immediately and both of you and Kris clap proudly, “Wow, you’re smart.” Kris eyes shined and he ruffled Aiden’s hair.

“What planet are we in now?” Kris asked and leaned forward.

“Ea-“ Aiden wanted to answer but was interrupted by Kris, “No. It’s called the Exo planet.”

You had enough of his childish imaginations and slap his forehead hard, “Stop. You’re ruining the child’s brain.”

“Honey, when me and my friends are together few years back we always wanted to create a name of our group and Suho came up with the name Exo, which I don’t know what it means. So I think it’s a great idea to come up with Exo Planet. Huh, how is it? Is your husband cool?” Kris raised his eyebrow like as if he did something to be proud of.

“Cool? More like a four year old child stuck inside a 28 year old body.” You rolled your eyes and look at Aiden and ask him to continue eating the rice, “The soup’s still hot.” You changed the topic, not wanting to entertain more of Kris’s imagination.

“I’m sorry, because I’m here that’s why your soup is still hot.” Kris grinned and slurps his soup.

---

 

 

“Here’s where your somewhere special is?” Hyuna asked as she step inside the familiar place.

“This is where I change my life.” Her boyfriend pulls a chair out and let her sit, then bringing out all the food he had prepared.

“Chicken steak, your favorite.” He served Hyuna the plate of steak for her and himself and put a wine glass in front of her. But she gives her boyfriend a look because she can’t drink alcohol since her body can’t tolerate.

“Don’t worry. It’s grape soda that I’ve prepared for us.” He smiled and sits down.

“What’s the reason for you to bring me here?” Hyuna asked as she slowly sipped the grape soda.

“I want to show you something that I bet you have never seen before.” The boyfriend said.

Hyuna nod and asked him to continue.

“But promise me you won’t ask me to stop and won’t be mad at me.” He put out his pinky to make a pinky swear with his girlfriend.

“Fine, what is it?” She let out her pinky and nod.

The boyfriend gives two piece of photo to her and asks her to look at it.

“Aww…” She lowered her eyebrows and pouted her lips outward as if she was touched by looking at the picture.

“Why are you showing me this?” Hyuna asked while still looking at the picture.

“It’s crazy to think that there’s someone out there who looks like me and it’s this baby.” He confessed as he look at Hyuna with his cautious eyes.

“Are you still remembering about that incident?” Hyuna said as she hold her boyfriend’s hand tightly.

“I’m scared that if I ever tell my future girlfriend about my past, she will leave me just because I have a son.” He lowered his head.

“Will you still accept me as your boyfriend, Hyuna?” He asked with a serious tone.

“It seems like you have just known me and I did not know about your life. I was there whenever this baby was born. I was there when he grows up. I was there and you were there too, so why are you telling me all this?” Hyuna said in curious about what her boyfriend is thinking.

“I don’t know.” He shrugged his shoulder.

“I just want you to trust me and not let me go just because I’m a jerk few years ago.” He said.

“You are a jerk for making a 15 year old pregnant and leaving her just like that.” Hyuna said and he was shocked by her response.

“But you’re not right now. You’ve become someone whom I respect now and never will I let you go.” She continued.

“Thanks, Hyuna.” He smiled and grabbed her hands tightly.

“No problem, Kai.”

---

 

 

“GO AND SLEEP NOW YOU HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW AIDEN!” You shouted across the living room.

“GO AND SLEEP YOU HAVE WORK TOMORROW!” You shouted at Kris too.

“Says a mum who always wakes up later than us.” Kris teased you and stops playing the game with Aiden.

“It’s fun to have a son.” Kris suddenly turned emotional and hugged Aiden and keep kissing him tight.

“STOP GROWING YOU BABY BOY!” Kris holds Aiden’s upper arm and shakes him while still holding him tightly.

“Appa, you’re making me dizzy!” Aiden tries to stop Kris and tries to let go off his grip but failed since Kris is a strong dad.

“Sorry.” Kris kissed Aiden’s cheek and bring him to bed, then follows you inside the master bedroom.

 

“Honey…” Kris open the door slightly and peek inside while you were putting lotion on your face.

“Honey…” He repeated but you ignore him and continue to rub on the lotion.

“You’re mad at me?” Kris goes behind you and gives you a back hug, while rubbing your belly.

“Evia and Jayden are growing big. I can’t wait for them to be born.” Kris smiled and look at you in the mirror.

“I’m sorry.” Kris apologized while pouting his lips out.

You giggled and smiled at him, “Sometimes I think, it’s worth it for me to get marry with you for a second time.” You swiftly turn your head and kissed Kris on the cheek, then walking to the bed to get ready to sleep.