Chapter 2

The New Beginning

I woke up in the morning as the sunlight hit my face. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and stayed in bed as the memory from last night came crashing back. I froze when I remembered what Luhan hyung told me and what part of the memory that came back in my dreams. I must've fainted because I remember Luhan hyung telling me that he used to date me and now I'm in bed. 

Jongin and I were sitting in the bubble tea shop waiting for Chanyeol hyung when I saw the most beautiful person I have ever seen in my life. He made his way to the counter and I could hear his soft and gentle voice tell the person in the counter his order. I watched him as he made his way to the seat near the window and looked out. This might sound stalkerish and weird but I continued to stare at him until he turned to me. He has the most beautiful doe eyes in the world and I think that's what got me to fall for him. I felt like I was paralyzed under his stare until Jongin snapped me out of my thoughts. Later that day, I found out that his name is Luhan. 

I didn't realise that I was crying until I felt a hand wipe my tears away. I looked up and saw Jongin who looked at me with an unreadable expression. He pulled me up and hugged me while whispering comforting words in my ear. I don't know why I'm so upset since I don't know if it really happened but considering the fact that I just remembered something I didn't know happened, then what Luhan hyung said is true. I sniffed as I hugged Jongin back. 

"Sehunnie what's wrong?" 

"Hyung, is it true?" 

"What's true?" 

"Luhan hyung and I used to date but then I found out that he was cheating on me on our second year anniversary." I could feel Jongin hyung tense and he let go of the hug before stomping off at the door and slamming it shut. Oh no. I got off the bed and quickly wiped my tears before running out the door when I heard a loud bang coming from the dining room. When I got there, I saw Kris hyung and Chanyeol hyung holding Jongin back as Luhan lay on the ground with a bleeding nose. 

"Jongin stop!" Joonmyeon hyung shouted but Jongin ignored him and continued to glare at Luhan hyung. 

"Are you happy now? You stupid son of a ! You shouldn't have told him! He was much happier not knowing about you and your stupidity!" Jongin hyung screamed. I just stood there watching Jongin hyung scream at Luhan, not knowing what to do.

"Oh no." I heard a soft voice say behind me so I turned around and saw Taemin hyung looking surprised with Minho hyung behind him while Kyungsoo hyung ran to Luhan. 

"And you!" Jongin turned to Minseok hyung who looked terrified. "If it wasn't for you two Sehun wouldn't have been in a ing coma for a month! If it wasn't for you, Sehun would've been happy and the accident wouldn't have happened! You don't know how much I despise you two." Then the whole room turned silent. Everyone looked at me then to Luhan then to Minseok then back to me again. The tears came back and Kris and Chanyeol let go of Jongin who charged at Luhan. 

"ENOUGH!" a deep voice yelled and everyone froze. Even Jongin froze before he could land another punch at Luhan. Taemin hyung grabbed my arm before a fight actually breaks out. 

"Jonginnie calm down. Instead of beating the life out of Luhan hyung and verbally insulting Minseok hyung, shouldn't you be comforting Sehun? He needs you to be with him right now because he probably just remembered a painful memory he didn't know that happened. Also as your sunbae, I will be in charge of here while Taemin, Chanyeol and Joonmyeon hyung take Jongin and Sehun. Kyungsoo and Yixing go and help Luhan and Minseok out and the rest of you, finish eating and we'll all gather in the living room to talk this out. You got it?" Minho hyung said and everyone nodded. Taemin took me back to mine and Jongin's room while Joonmyeon hyung took Jongin while Chanyeol followed them. When we got to the room, Joonmyeon hyung closed the door and Jongin hyung took me in his arms. 

"Do you know why he acted like that?" Joonmyeon hyung asked.

"Yeah, but I'd rather Sehun or Jongin tell you." Chanyeol told him. 

"I'm sorry Sehunnie. I should've told you." Jongin hyung said quietly. 

"It's okay hyung, but I want to know what happened before the accident." I told him and I felt him nod before breaking away from the hug and taking me to sit on the bed. I looked at Taemin and Joonmyeon hyung and pat the space next to me. They got the mesage and Taemin sat on my right side while Joonmyeon hyung sat on my left side. Jongin and Chanyeol sat infront of us. 

"Okay. Taemin already knows what happened." Jongin told us. Well that's no surprise. They've been friends since forever and they tell each other everything. 

"Go ahead Jongin." Taemin hyung told him. 

"There's only a couple of people that knows about this. Chanyeol, Taemin, Minho and Mr and Mrs Oh. Chanyeol, Sehun and I already know Luhan from five years ago. A year after meeting him, Sehun and Luhan became a couple. They were a happy couple and the people that were close to them thought that they would actually last. They were dating for two years until Sehun found out that Luhan was cheating on him." Jongin started.

"When Luhan got into SM, that's when he started to neglect Sehun. We all know that Sehun was upset about that but he hid it from Luhan who was oblivious to Sehun's sadness. On their second year anniversary, Sehun was about to prepare a picnic for them and I guess that's how he found out. Then on his way home, he got hit by a drunk driver." Chanyeol hyung continued.

"I still remember getting the call from his parents saying that Sehun was in a car accident. I ran to the hospital and waited till the surgery was over. Chanyeol and I waited until he woke up. He had a thirty percent chance to live. If he didn't wake up a week later then they were going to pull the plug." Jongin added and tears were streaming down his face.

"I was in the mall looking for food when I caught Luhan hyung and Minseok hyung kissing. That's when I found out why Luhan hasn't visited Sehun. Not even once. It sickened me to see him laugh, smile and kiss Minseok hyung as if nothing ever happened. So I called Jongin who reacted more than me. He walked over to them and pushed Minseok hyung off Luhan hyung then punched Luhan hyung in the face." Chanyeol said looking down. 

"I started shouting at him telling him how much of a jerk he is for cheating on Sehun and he just acted like he didn't care about Sehun at all, completely ignoring Chanyeol and I and helped Minseok instead. But when I told him what happened to Sehun, he turned to look at us, his eyes watering and guilt and regret covered his face. I told him that if he ever comes near Sehun again, I would do more than give him a punch." Jongin sighed.

"When we got back to the hospital, that's when Jongin and I figured out that Sehun found out that Luhan was cheating on him the night of the accident. We got to his room and took off the ring Luhan gave him on their first year anniversary and hid it. An hour after that, Sehun woke up. He remembers all of us but not once has he mentioned Luhan. We asked the doctor and he said that Sehun has selective memory loss so Mr and Mrs Oh, along with Jongin and I decided to not let Sehun know about Luhan and their relationship so he wouldn't get hurt even more." Chanyeol explained and Jongin got up and went to his desktop drawer before pulling out a box and taking it to us. He took out a ring and handed it to me. It's just a silver ring with a black band around it but what caught my attention is the engraving inside. 

Hannie and Hunnie forever <3

I felt my heart break as I looked at the engraving. The pain is almost unbearable so I looked at Jongin and Chanyeol who was looking at me. 

"Hyung is this the ring?" I asked them, my voice breaking. Jongin nodded in reply. 

"Sehun." Taemin said softly and I looked at him. "Do you remember what happened?" I shook my head. Even though they explained it to me, I still can't remember it. 

"Sehunnie, let's make you a deal." Jongin said and I raised an eyebrow. 

"Keep the ring and it means you want to remember him so we'll help you. If you give the ring back to us, then we'll take that as a sign that you want to forget him."  Chanyeol explained. I sighed and looked at the ring. Do I really want to remember the pain? Luhan hyung has hurt me in the past but I can't remember. Should I try to remember? Will I be able to endure the pain that comes with the memory? 

I sighed again before looking at Jongin and Chanyeol. I forgive Luhan hyung because he said that he's sorry. It's better to forgive and forget, so I grabbed Jongin's hand and gently placed the ring in his palm. It's better to let go of the past and have a new beginning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Shall I end it here? Anyways thank you for reading :D