Chapter 4

The New Beginning

I quickly ran under the slide since it's the nearest thing that could shield me from the rain and took my phone out. 8:30. It's already been 30 minutes and Luhan's not here yet. I was about to text him when a message popped up.

From: Luhannie
To: Sehun

Babe so sorry I can't make it. I'm
busy so just go ahead by yourself or get
someone to come with you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Luhan and I were lying down on the couch watching a film and he had his head on my shoulder. We just sat there not saying anything to each other because it feels like we don't have anything to talk about anymore. Jongin hyung said that Luhan and I have drifted apart but I refuse to believe that. Luhannie is just busy with training to be a star. Well, he's already the brightest star out there. Chanyeol hyung also told me that Luhan is too busy for me and that he'd probably leave me soon and I'll end up getting hurt in the end. I don't believe that as well because Luhannie loves me and he'll never leave me. But he hasn't been answering my calls and texts that much lately and this is the first time we've properly hung out in ages which means that Luhan does have time for me. Plus after tomorrow he'll have more time for me because of the picnic I'll prepare for him since tomorrow is our 2nd year anniversary. I was broken out of my thoughts when Luhan's phone started ringing. I looked at him as he took his phone out and the name 'Baozi' came up in the screen. Luhan had a grin on his face and without sparing me a glance, he stood up and walked away from me to answer his phone. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I smiled when I got to a beautiful meadow but my smile was wiped away at the heartbreaking sight in front of me. Tears started to stream down my face as I tried to tell myself that it can't be him but I was wrong. I could feel my heart break as I saw Luhan on top of a chubby looking guy, topless with his shirt lying next to him and they were obviously going to do it. I dropped the picnic basket when I heard the guy moan, but they didn't seem to hear it. Not wanting to stay longer, I turned around and closed my eyes hoping to stop the tears. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't good enough hyung." I said and dropped the rose next to the picnic basket before walking away. When I was at a good distance away, I heard Luhan shouting my name but I didn't turn around. I can't fight for him because it's a battle I've already lost. There's no point because it seems like he's already fallen for another guy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed and wiped the tears off my face before turning around but was met with blinding white light. I couldn't move and it was too late. 

"Happy Anniversary hyung." was the last thing I said before everything went black.


I didn't realise that I was crying when I got pulled away from Luhan. I looked down at the ground and I tried to wipe the tears but a hand beat me to it. I looked up and saw Jongin hyung, worry evident in his face. He wiped the tears from my face and hugged me. I lay my head on his shoulder as a sob escaped my throat. I can feel my heartbreaking at the memory and I want it to stop. I want the pain to stop because it hurts. It hurts to even think about it. I found out on the day of our anniversary. I wonder how long he's been cheating on me. I guess it was when he got in SM. I should've listened to Jongin and Chanyeol. They were right and I was in denial. I'm so stupid. Chanyeol hyung's right, I was better off not knowing about mine and Luhan's relationship. I felt a hand rub my back and Jongin hugged me tighter. 

"Sehunnie? What's wrong?" Jongin hyung asked. 

"I want to forget it all hyung. I don't want to remember but I just did. The memories came back and it hurts. I want it to end. Help me forget the painful memories. I should've listened to you and Chanyeol hyung instead of being in denial." I replied. 

"You remembered everything?" Chanyeol hyung asked and I nodded. I heard Chanyeol hyung sigh and Jongin hyung didn't say anything. "This is what Jongin, your parents and I feared. If you remember everything, you'll get hurt that's why we didn't tell you in the first place. I found out a couple of weeks ago that Luhan had been cheating on you for a month and Minseok knew about you. That's why he's been neglecting you." I froze in Jongin hyung's arms. The whole room is still quiet and I can feel everyone's eyes on us. Luhan hyung had been cheating on me for a month? Why couldn't he just break up with me? I can suddenly feel the anger build up and I broke away from Jongin hyung. I wiped my tears before turning around to give Luhan and Minseok a dirty look.

"Do you know what? I forgave you guys for what you've done but cheating on me for a whole month? This I can't forget. Plus dating someone who was already in a relationship then, is just disgusting. I personally think that only s do that. You two disgusts me. I can't believe that I considered you guys my friends when I didn't remember." I said while clenching my fists. Then I turned to give Luhan a deadly glare. 

"Chanyeol hyung's right. You are just a painful memory that I wouldn't want to remember." I said coldly before walking away and locking myself in my room.