A DEVASTATED HEART

RUINED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 5 

A DEVASTATED HEART

 

(Unedited. No proofread. I'll post the edited version soon.)

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day, Seohyun wake up to realize that her husband spot on the bed which is beside her was empty. That is something that not surprise her anymore in fact it most common sight for her every morning.

 

The routine is always like that, Yonghwa will go out until late night and she will opened the door seeing he was drunk or worst with woman that look like – well Yonghwa think she is like too, so what the difference between her and those woman who keep sending her husband home except she is his wife – on paper of course.

 

Cease her thought when she heard Gabbie’s growl. She literally runs to his bedroom when she felt uneasy. A little panting when she grab Gabbie’s crib but he’s not moving or crying or make some noise just to unsure her that he just fell asleep.

 

She cupped his face with trembling hand and found his little one skin slightly cold but not in ordinary way.

 

Sprinted to her bedroom to call Yonghwa as he is the first one that pop in her mind but he isn’t answering, then she call the taxi straight away not wasting any time as his uneven breath make her scared to death.

 

Gently Gabbie’s abdomen in the taxi hoping it will make he feel better but she can see his lips start to dry and become paler.

 

She runs towards the nurse who’s in charge at the emergency path to give her son and the nurse immediately pull a stretcher while asking her a few question regarding Gabbie’s condition then going straight into the operation room.

 

As she waiting outside but just in a few minutes the doctor out and rush to her.

 

“Mrs Jung?” he asked and she just nodded vigorously.

 

“I’m sorry Mrs Jung but his heart is weak due to his premature state and we afraid that his lung now had been infected as well, so we suggest to get an operation done as soon as possible before it spread to another organs.”

 

“Yes, yes, just do whatever you can to save him, please save my son!” she plead like there is no tomorrow, her tears have been flowing nonstop since she arrived to the hospital.

 

Just in time, her phone ringing and she pick up her phone hastily knowing Soojung who in the other line.

 

“Yoboseyo, Seohyun-ah, where are you? I suddenly thought about you—” but Seohyun cut her abruptly.

 

“Soojung-ah! I.. I.. I’m at hospital now, Gabbie in the operation room right now” she stuttered while sobbing hard didn’t know what to do.

 

“What?! Okay, calm down Seohyun-ah, I’ll be right there in a few minutes” then she hung up the phone, ready to go to the hospital.

 

Seohyun walk back and forth in the walkway, how can she be calm knowing her son now fighting with his life in the operation room?

 

His son is the only reason why she still not give up her life after the huge mistake that she had done. He is the source of her strength, her happiness without him she will be nothing, she will break.

 

Soon, Soojung arrived with her boyfriend, Jong gi oppa.

 

“Seohyun-ah, what happened? How can this happened? She asked her clapping her hand with Seohyun. The latter just told her the whole story about what happened from house.

 

“I’m a bad mother, Soojung-ah how can I even didn’t realised that my son was sick? He must be in a great pain back then” she can’t stop blaming herself for being so careless.

 

“Of course not Seohyun-ah, you’re great mother for Gabbie, this is not your fault so stop blaming yourself and pray hard for him instead, okay” Soojung coax her while patting her shoulder.“Emmm, does Yonghwa know about this? Did you tell him already?”She asked because she didn’t see him since she arrived.

“I had called him at the house but he is not answering, maybe he have meeting to attend. I should call him now” she stood up and goes a little bit farther from Soojung and Jongi to call Yonghwa.

 

She called him once but he still not answering, he just pick up the phone in the next attempt.

 

“Yonghwa oppa!” she cried his name with crackly voice.

 

“Wae? I’m busy now, call me lat—“he cannot finish his word when Seohyun immediately cut it off.

 

“Oppa, I’m at the hospital now, Gabbie..he..he..” she burst out crying, don’t know how to explain to her husband about Gabbie’s condition.

 

“I’m in my way there, wait for me” he frantically run out from his office when he heard how vulnerable his wife voice. He prays and pray for his son to be alright.

 

He drives fast like a lunatic to the hospital, as he reached there, he saw his wife face palmed on the hallway.

 

Seohyun felt someone getting near her so when she drop her hand, she saw Yonghwa strides nervously towards her. She could see how worried his face and unconsciously tears cascaded from her eyes.

 

 

Yonghwa felt tug in his heart looking at the tears, he then wipe away the tears and pull her to his embrace. Seohyun feel dejected but realise that she needs it to comfort her – she need him.

 

 

“So what’s actually happened? He starts to ask when Seohyun look like a little calmer. She told him everything like she had told Soojung while ago.

 

 

“What are you saying? He was alright just this morning. He doesn’t have fever or anything.” He was shocked with the news.

“I don’t know, I just woke up that time and suddenly things happened. This is my fault! I should stay with him always, I’m sorry, I’m so sorry!” she plead as she feel that everything is her fault.

 

Yonghwa clenched his fist when he feels extremely terrible by saying those words to her, he want to console her but doctor came out from operation room.

 

He approach him immediately want to know his son condition.

 

“Doctor, how is my son?” everyone surrounded him when he asked.

 

“I hope you can be calm to what will I tell you.” He sighs a bit then continue

==============

“We had tried our best to save him but he was too weak and his organs had been infected too fast. I’m sorry” the doctor bow low to them showing his guilty as he cannot save his patient.

 

“Andwae! This can’t be happening. He’s just fine… He’s just fine. This can't be happening. Oh God Please.” Seohyun shouted hysterically and fell to her knees with hard sobs.

 

“Seohyun-ah! Please be strong” Soojung too cannot hold her tears with the news anymore and now with Seohyun helplessly cry makes her sadder.

 

Yonghwa was taken aback for what had just happened; he can’t utter any words to describe his feeling.

 

He gasped and feel a pang in his heart, how can this happened when he just feel happy with Gabbie’s presence, promised to be the best father as he could to him but now, all his dreams had been shattered away just in few seconds.

 

 

He looked at Seohyun as her face gets paler and suddenly passed out in Soojung’s embrace. He rushed to her side, caressed her cheek try to wake her up but she remain unconscious so he carried her bridal style to lay her on one of the hospital’s bed.

 

 

Yonghwa waited for Seohyun to wake up, he sat on the edge of the bed while watching her solemn face. He took Seohyun’s hand then brought to his left cheek to feel her warmth that he misses.

 

All this while, he know that he start to fall for his wife but because his stupid pride and ego plus shame as he never treat her nicely, he try to conceal his feeling completely from her and now when he saw how she suffered alone, part of him broke to pieces.

 

 

How he want to kneel in front of her begging for her forgiveness to tell her that he regret every single thing he had done that made her cry, how he want to gather her in his arm and whisper into her ear that he love her.

 

Yes, he love her very much, he didn’t even know since when this feeling start to creep in his heart but he start to realize each time he went home, he will find her, each time he saw her, he will smile,in each second he will think of her and with Seohyun and Gabbie, he feel complete but of course he feigned with his poker face.

                                                                                            

 

“Oppa” Seohyun eyes lidded.

 

 

“Hey, do you want some water?” he asked concern.

 

 

“No, I want to see Gabbie, where is he? He must be thirsty by now, I need to give him milk” Yonghwa’s face rapidly change as he listen to what Seohyun had asked.

 

 

“Ar…are you okay? Do you not remember what had happened?” carefully he gave her hint, she must be too shocked he thought.

 

 

 Soojung break into the room suddenly and leaping to Seohyun’s embrace.

 

 

“Are you okay? I really worried about you, please be strong Seohyun-ah, Gabbie must be sad if he see you like this, you have to be strong for him okay” Soojung blurt out oblivious from Seohyun misery.

 

 

“What are you talking about Soojung-ah? Why do I need to be strong? What’s wrong with Gabbie? Oppa, please bring Gabbie to me” she turn to her husband with pleading eye.

 

 

“Honey—” Yonghwa grab her hands with both of his ready to tell her the truth, unknowingly his stance make her happy, with the endearment and loving touch that Seohyun crave since the beginning of their marriage.

 

 

“I am sorry to interrupt” a nurse came just in time with apologetic face

 

“But we need Mr and Mrs Jung to complete all the procedure before you can took Gabbie home and the entire of hospital’s staff, extend our deep condolence on your son lost” then she bow 90 degree but before she leave the room, suddenly Seohyun shout her lung out.

 

 

“No!!! You are lying! My son still alive, he just fine just now” she cried

 

 

“Oppa! Tell me this is not truth, you saw him just this morning right? Oppa!” shaking Yonghwa hand to ensure her that everything is alright but her hand fall hastily as she saw he shook his head and tear start to pool in his eyes.

 

 

“No, no, no… You guy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter