The Precious One

RUINED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You Ruined Me

Chapter 3


 

Seohyun's tummy is getting bigger and bigger, because she is now in her seventh month of pregnancy. Only two more months, to be exact, 61 more days to go, before her baby could finally see the light and the beautiful world they are living in. Her life with Yonghwa has been so hard for these past few months. It was because of his cold treatment towards Seohyun, but everytime she imagine herself holding her innocent baby in her embrace, and holding his little hands, all the pain and anger towards him are going away like a wind.


 

Ever since that incident, Yonghwa barely talk to her, or even touch her. He always points out Seohyun's flaws and he likes to boss her around, if she made a single mistake he would always nag her and would always raise his voice to her. Yonghwa was the reason why she was so stressed during this pregnancy. She can feel an extreme pain in her stomach from time to time, but she never asked Yonghwa to help her and she never complains.


 


 

On the other hand, Yonghwa is slowly softening up his heart to Seohyun, but he doesn't have the courage to show it to her. The reason why he doesn't have the courage is because his heart and his mind is in totally opposite directions. There's a part of him where he wanted to take good care of her, but at the same time he keeps telling himself that she doesn’t deserve his mercy nor his kindness so he keeps hurting her emotionally.


 


 

He was aware of  Seohyun's stomach pains, but he never offered her to go to the hospital. He wasn't a good husband to her, gradually he learned so many bad habits like drinking alcohols every day, spending some nights with random women, and sometimes some of those girls dropped him off at home, where he doesn't have any single idea that Seohyun sees them. And every time it happens, she can’t help but feel shattered and broken all over again. She wonders how much more she could take before she can finally break down.


 


 

That same day, she doesn't have the appetite to eat, but she doesn't have any choice but to eat for the sake of their baby's health. While she was absentmindedly cutting the fruits, she accidentally cut her finger.


 


 


 

"Awww!" she let out a painful whimper before reflexively pulling her finger to and on the blood as if it would ease the pain. Suddenly her eyes widened. She placed her left hand on her belly as she felt an extreme pain, an indescribable pain. She could feel something unusual liquid flowing down out of her.


 


 


 


 


 

Was it a blood?!


 


 


 


 


 

"Oh no, please baby! Hold on to mommy!" she helplessly cried.


 


 


 


 


 

She looked down, but it wasn't a blood. It was a clear liquid coming out of her.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

Her water broke!


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

"My water broke! Oh god. This is not the right time. It's too early! Am I about to give birth to my baby?"


 

She keeps talking to herself. She can't believe this is happening to her and to her baby. She can't hold it any longer. The pain was is increasing by the minute and she can't do anything but to cry.


 

"Aaaaaaah ! Why are you doing this to mommy?" She whispered to herself and softly touched her belly.


 

"Baby, keep holding on until we get to the hospital. Okay?" she still managed to talk to her baby despite of the great pain she's experiencing at that time.


 

"I wish your daddy is here." She can't help but to think about him, but instead of wasting time thinking about her husband, she assisted herself and carefully got the baby stuffs upstairs.


 

Seohyun quickly grabbed the nearest cardigan near the couch, and went straight to the door. She immediately called for a taxi that can get them to the nearest hospital.


 

The driver was distracted by her screaming and by the way she breathe.


 

"I'm sorry, but I learned that when a woman is in labor you need to breathe that way." she told the driver as she noticed the ahjussi is panicking too.


 

"Ahjussi! Can you make it a little bit faster?" she asked.


 

"Ah ne." the driver nodded. Thankfully, the driver speed up his way to the hospital. And, as soon as they arrived at the hospital, the nurses rushed to her. The nurses hurriedly placed her on a stretcher and brought her inside.


 

A doctor shortly examined her and the baby. She can see the doctor is getting worried too. "Dr. Cho, Is my baby okay?," she asked him.


 

"I'm having a hard time to locate his heartbeat. But, he'll be fine. Don't worry." the doctor explained it to her carefully. Once the doctor traced the baby's heartbeat, he ordered the nurses to prepare the operating room. Seohyun’s eyes widened. This isn't what she expected. She is expecting to deliver the baby through natural birth.


 

"Doctore Cho! I can’t give birth right now! It’s too early. My baby will be premature." she said breathlessly as the pain struck her.


 

"Mrs. Jung, if you do not go into labour, you and the baby are at risk of infection. The baby needs enough supply of amniotic fluid, and without enough amniotic fluid inside your womb, the baby can't survive. Don’t be afraid, you can trust me. I'll make sure you and the baby will be safe. arasseo?" Dr. Cho patiently told her the situation right now.


 

"I understand. Thank You Dr. Cho." She closed her eyes as the tears threatens to come out.


 

Some nurses came to assist her and told her relax. At the same time, the hospital was trying to call Yonghwa. Unfortunately, he was currently in a meeting, so he wasn't able to pick up the phone. and it would take 2 more hours before the meeting ends. His secretary wasn't there either. According to the law, they need someone's signature before they can perform the operation or any surgery. But, the baby and the mother is in a critical condition so they have no choice but to perform the operation immediately.


 

The hospital decided to start the operation without Yonghwa. Since they can't get any communication from him, they rushed Seohyun to the operating room. They placed an oxygen tube in her nostrils to give her oxygen, then they inserted a thin tube called catheter through her bladder and give her a IV in her arm and after being given anesthesia, the soon-to-be-mom surrendered to a deep slumber.


 

Doctor Cho, who is in charge of the operation was doing a pretty good job. When they successfully pulled out the baby, they put him in a neonatal intensive care unit, where they can take good care of him  and can give him the proper care that he needs. They have to observe the baby until it gets healthy and can finally catch up on growth and development.


 

Seohyun was still in a critical condition, but the doctor successfully managed to get the placenta from her uterus. Everything is finally back to normal. Seohyun and the baby is finally saved and alive.


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 

After an hour, Seohyun finally woke up. She started opening her eyes to adjust to her surrounding. She can't remember anything, all she knows is that she went to the hospital without Yonghwa and gave birth to their baby without Yonghwa beside her again.


 

She traced her tummy and couldn’t fee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter