(junho centric) Roadtrip I

all little things (that we once said)

Road trip
Junho, slight Chanho, fluff, g, 875~wc

Junho is taking a trip all by himself.

 


Junho want to go away.

Junho want to go far away all by himself, no phones , no schedules, no questions  asked, no answers needed,  no one nobody nothing.  Just him. Just Junho.

So Junho did, one day. He walked out from a set ( finishing it first of course, he’s a rebel but never ungrateful) and didn’t took the turn home to their villa. Instead, he rented a car, and drove it and drove it and drove it and suddenly he’s  passing Seoul’s city limits going  god knows where tracing black asphalt of the highway stretching endless before him.

He threw his phone out the window on the outskirts of Chungcheon . He ed his glittery spiky jacket and took it off, tossing it on the backseat when he reached Daejeon; with one hand on the steering wheel it was quite a trick to do so and Junho congratulated himself for pulling such a move with finesse, being his own audience in his one man show.

He stopped for gas when the tank pointed to “E’’ and bought one of those  "Korea, Be Inspired " t-shirt on the way with some cheap shades that looked really good on him, thinking about the branded sunglasses he had back at the dorm Junho always knew that it wasn’t the brand that made him look good, it was the other way around. He was making those branded stuff looked good. Junho smirked to the mirror and fished out a couple thousand won to pay for everything.

He blared the radio up and started singing to the music, nodding his head to the beat and doing cutesy hand moves Taecyeon taught him when a girl group song came to play. He sang along to some trot music and somehow it reminded him of  Wooyoung although he didn’t really get the connection, but then again he never did understood the way his brain worked.

He made a short visit at a funfair somewhere near Daegu. Bought sodas and cotton candies, ddeokbokki and coffeeLOTS of canned coffees. A habit Nichkhun had rubbed off on him. He played the shooting game and won a panda ( Hello minjunie hyung, Junho waved at it, eyes crinkled to that famous half moon shape ) stuffed doll after his fifth try because he was just persistent to win like that. He tried his luck with the fortuneteller lady and smiled when she told him good things await him in the future. Junho smiled because he knew it’s true, but it won’t be because it’s written in the stars, it’s going to happen because he’s going make it happen. Junho believed his future is in his own hands and he knew he won’t let himself down.

He drove for the rest of the night, chugging down cans of cans of coffee and feeling the caffeine coaxing his nerves and brain to stay awake, the radio still his friend for the journey. When he finally reached Busan,  his hands decides to swerved the steering wheel and took the turn heading Ulsan instead. Junho complied, after all what better time to have some spontaneity in his life than now, no schedule restrictions, no manager hyung to scold him, no one nobody nothing. Junho smiled on his newly found freedom.

It  was almost dawn when he turned the engine off, the faint orange streak already threatening to break it’s way off of the placid horizon. Junho stepped out and took a deep breath. He always loved the sea ( even though the salty wind always messes with his hair and it gets all sticky to the touch) . The smell of it, the sand , the sound of the waves caressing the shore pledging it’s faithfulness throughout the years . Junho chuckled, never thought of himself as a sappy romantic, well maybe just a little bit.  He sat himself on the front hood and hugged his legs to his chest, his chin resting on his bony knees as he waited for sun.

When sunrise came Junho took the time to appreciate the view, the colors, the life it brings to everything. Suddenly the black sea was blue, the shadowy trees were green and the sand was brownish white. He laid his back on the hood and  dozed off for a while , waking up when it’s warmer, brighter and Junho smiled because he remembered something, someone.  So he sat up, hands going to the pocket of his jeans before he remembered he had threw his phone away “Tch,“He clicked his tongue a selca would be nice he thought as he hopped down the hood and into the car. Now he needs to find a pay phone. To call Chansung . To wake him up and get him to come and get him.   Junho didn't feel like driving all the way back to Seoul, at least not alone.

He glanced out at the sea for the last time , thinking that he might do this again the next time he wants to go away, far away, no phones , no schedules, no questions  asked, no answer needed,  no one nobody nothing.  Just Junho. And Chansung.

Junho smiled to the thought.