(jh/wy) Make me your Aphrodite

all little things (that we once said)

a/n was listening to katy perry's dark horse and this pops in my head. 

 

Make me your Aphrodite (make me your one and only)

junho/wooyoung, fantasy au, pg-13, 968 wc.

 

 

"you like him." wooyoung says, stating like it's the conclusion of a meticulous observation he's so used of doing. There is something else underlying his voice , junho doesn't have to look at his mage to know the glint in his eyes, the blueish embers unable to hide the jealousy lurking behind it.

 

" i need him alive. " junho reasons, pressing a finger on his temple in hope to chase his headache away, his eyes still closed, his crown feels heavy and unusually cold. right now it feels like a constraining shackle around his head, and it may not just be metaphorically speaking. " we're not as strong as we used to be on the eastern border. the hwangs can help us, i mean look at him. if all their families are as smart and skillful as he is then they'll make valuable allies, avoid unnecessary bloodshed."

 

"oh yes, i've ‘looked’ at him." wooyoung's voice slithers across, curling on the edges with caution, always always so cautious, his dear mage is. The sound of fabrics rustling slowly lets junho knows wooyoung is walking closer, parting the thick veil from where he used to stand behind the shadows, where he observes-quietly , where he feels with all his gifted senses, deciphering secrets in words and emotion, unfurling the future from fate's own clenched hands, which in turn--, helps junho with his decisions. " and i have to say, i have seen enough. " wooyoung's breath is ghosting his skin as he whispers close to junho, his fingers dragging lazily from junho's sideburn down to his cheek, cold, slender fingers that can tear with vice like the world has never seen.  "but believe me when i say you can win your battles even without chansung hwang."

 

" i can." junho nods, " but i wish for no more deaths. he can help us, with diplomacy." junho says , softly, eyes fluttering to close from the strange comfort of wooyoung's nearness to him.

 

" tsk, where is the fiery junoo i once knew , the one who sets the entire northern fort ablaze before conquering it. the one who took pity for none. the one who has hunger in his eyes, insatiable and unyielding." the tip of wooyoung fingers are cold as ice as he tilts junho's chin to meet his gaze.  " victories have made you...boring."

 

junho's eyes falls on his mage and he have always know wooyoung has this delicate beauty about him. but right now, as the moonlight bleeds through his windows, the lit candles only serves to make shadows dancing on his walls,  wooyoung is ethereally breathtaking. his porcelain smooth skin glows slightly in the dim room, his brown hair slightly disarrayed, tied down in  loose knots of spellbound ribbon and his eyes,  junho never gets tired of looking into his blue eyes. so soothing and placid. but years of growing up together lets junho know about the storm raging inside, the angry snarls as he recoils, the break of danger hiding in the curve of his smile, the chaos wooyoung so stealthily covers behind the emotionless facade. if there's is one thing junho learns about wooyoung, is to never take anything face value.

 

the other thing junho learns about wooyoung, is that wooyoung dotes on him. terribly. junho suppose it is his advantage, and he uses it to the full extent.

 

" tsk," it's junho's turn to click his tongue , staring balefully to his mage. " it is only your jealousy speaking." junho closes his eyes lazily, turning and pressing his face against wooyoung's bony fingers, now his cheek gently, " or you don’t like me anymore, is that it? " he pouts. " you've grown tired of me and my antics." wooyoung's hips are narrow yet sturdy as junho grips it with both hands, pulling the young mage closer.

 

"perhaps i am. and even so, here i am still..." wooyoung draws out his sigh, a hint of amusement in his tone this time and  junho knows wooyoung is smiling when he presses his cheek on the mage's chest. Wooyoung is far from warm, junho knows this too, he's marble cold under his layers of clothing. still, it doesn’t lessen the comfort junho finds every time he holds wooyoung close like this. " my poor emperor,  more headaches? " icy fingers creeping up slowly  and junho is fast to hold wooyoung's thin wrist tightly before the mage does what he think he'll do.

 

" not here. they will see. " he warns.

 

" i'll blind them for you. all of them." wooyoung leans forward, his blue eyes glowing brighter with the promise of spells and redemption and junho let his eyelids falls closed again.

 

" you'll end up blinding the whole world." junho breathes out, reeling on the way wooyoung's nimble fingers carding his hair languidly, the pain lessening with each movement.

 

wooyoung chuckles, low and calculated, " and you think i'd find it in my black heart to care about the rest of world?"

 

" right." junho corrects himself, the pain is almost gone but the of wooyoung's fingers is magic, and junho likes it. likes the way it feels on his skin, likes the way the cold fingers pressing his face down against the pillows at night as wooyoung pushes inside. he likes the feel of wooyoung on his skin and he's too selfish to let wooyoung hands go now. " you only care about one person in this whole world, right?" the corner of junho's lips curling up when  he feels wooyoung's nose nudging his cheek, dragging it slowly across.

 

" yes." wooyoung's breath ghosts against his lips , saccharine sweet and addicting. And before junho closes the distance between them and claims his lips, wooyoung whispers,

 

"myself."