(wy) Fate that brought us here

all little things (that we once said)

 

A/N.  I wanted to write something light and i end up editing an old wip. In my head, this will eventually be a nk/wy piece but, as always i took the slower approach ( that complicates myself TT) . Not a series, no attention to details, this is written as is. but i hope it can still be a fun read? =]

 

 

fate that brought us here, wooyoung, pg-13, 1600 wc, au

 

“Mother of everything that are holy  if you pull any tighter I won't be able to breathe Junho lee." Wooyoung whines, his fingers finding purchase on one of the poles the bed to keep him standing up “ I-I don’t think I want to do this anymore.” He says, leaning his forehead on the wooden pole.

“Just a little more, come on. “ Junho pants, smirking, “Be a good boy for me.”

 “Why am I doing this again? Would someone be so kind to remind me?" He winces when Junho pull the strings of his corset tighter, chuckling like he found this torture Wooyoung is enduring very amusing.

“Because you're the youngest." Eunjung ruffles Wooyoung's head, emerging from the door and walking over with a magnificent dress on her hand. Golden yarn sewn into intricate pattern along the closed chest area, buttoned up to the neck, Wooyoung could recognize their family's insignia in the delicate piece. 

"But Junho's the youngest." Wooyoung whines still, the undergarment already itching his skin, between the laces and frills and multitude strings of the corset, Wooyoung wonders why women would want to put these on in the first place. He never thought he’d say this but he longs for his priest’s robe. Sure it’s heavy and the fabric scratches against his skin, with very boring color choices of light brown, brown or dark brown, but at least he doesn’t feel like dying when he puts it on.

“Yes, but Junho needs to be present too, and I need to stay here, you're our only best option. You are the youngest, that’s available~ “Eunjung continues, gesturing Wooyoung to come closer to where she’s standing.

Scratching his bare shoulder and knowing that he lost this battle, Wooyoung approaches her, but only a few steps in and his chest already feels like it’s close to exploding. “I can’t breathe.” He pants, stopping in the middle to catch his breath.

“Beauty is pain, Princess.” Junho grins, now sitting on the foot of the bed.

“You—“Wooyoung would like, would love, to choke Junho right now. He just need to walk to where Junho is, but out of breaths, Wooyoung let go of the thought.

“People think you're at the monastery, so your attendance although greatly missed, is not expected." Eunjung helps Wooyoung getting into the soft blue colored dress. Sliding the smooth fabric along Wooyoung’s skin, her finger moves quickly on the buttons.

Now Wooyoung is not only feeling ridiculous. He also look ridiculous.  Staring at his reflection on the mirror, Wooyoung doesn’t know if he wants to laugh or to cry. He still can’t ing breathe.

“That and because Taecyeon will make an ugly princess, “Junho laughs. " You however should look decent, somehow~ "

“Shut up, Junho. Or I'll tell everyone about your girdle days." Wooyoung glares, Eunjung raises a questioning eyebrow to the youngest of them while striding across the room to get to one of her shelves before returning to Wooyoung with a handful of handkerchiefs. 

“He’s just pissed because it's him instead of me." Junho blinks at Eunjung, pulling his best innocent little brother look on their sister, mouthing a shut up to Wooyoung when she's not looking. 

“Let me go over this again, “Wooyoung breathes out, pushing Eunjung away from stuffing his chest area with more handkerchiefs to make a presentable lady bump.” You had Taecyeon kidnapped me--"

" --fetch you." Eunjung corrects him. " I sent Taecyeon to fetch you."

"I was on my way to morning prayers when he manhandled me onto his shoulder, strapped me on a horse and brought me across two country state to be here, that was kidnapping, kidnapping!" 

" Breath brother, breatheeee..., recite one of your prayers~" Junho nod-teases, making an airy breathing move with his hand and Wooyoung wants to smack him with the prayer roll he carried with him, if he remembers where he placed it. But then Eunjung snorts and that brings Wooyoung’s attention back to her.

"You, " he glares at her.

“Yes, me…” Eunjung smiles at him, seemingly amused.

“You kidnapped me, and you make me wear--, lord have mercy on my soul,  a corset and a dress,  so I can trick everyone into thinking I am our sister, Fei, so that we could--,"

"--spy on the prince she's promised to. Yes!" Eunjung cheers happily." Isn't it a great plan? Junho and I spent an entire night planning it."

“You mean plotting it?” Wooyoung scoffs.

“You’ll be fine. “Junho slaps Wooyoung's back. “Just don't talk, the second you open your mouth we’re done for, and I’m not just talking about your voice." Junho grins. 

“This is so unfair, and please stop stuffing things into my bossom! " Wooyoung huffs and covers his chest defensively away from Eunjung.  He's a man for god's sake. He's a manly man. They can't do this to him! 

"Come on Wooyoungie, you just have to sit inside the family carriage and wave your hand around to people, we've already sent news that Fei is sick, so you don't have to actually be at the festival. Just show your face to let them know that Fei did attend the invitation and then you can be out of sight after. Junho will take it from there, he’ll tell them that our sister needs to rest in her quarters. "

“ Yes yes, I will tell all of them.” Junho nods in agreement.

Eunjung smiles, handkerchiefs crumpled threateningly in her hand " Oh don't forget to find out about the prince, too." She adds. 

Wooyoung however, is still not sold to the idea. “ How can I find out about the Prince if am to stay in my room ? --i mean Fei’s room, the room that they provide for Fei on her stay there, --i mean my stay there--, tsk  i’m already confused and we haven’t even started“ Wooyoung sighs, and then flinches, fingers massaging his temple. “ Ah ah this is giving me headaches.”

" I'll keep you safe, princess. Don't you worry your little head." Junho pats Wooyoung's head, an amused grin on his face and Wooyoung is too defeated to even retort back.

This is a conspiracy! His own brother and sister ganging up against him. 

“What’s so good about this prince anyway? I thought Fei didn't even want to be married." Wooyoung grumbles when he realizes there's no way around this. 

The question is rhetorical, they all knew that. As the descendants of their father, --the king, they all have their fair share of doing things they didn't want to, but had to do. For Wooyoung it is being kept away from the dirty politics between families, away from the throne and all the blood stained sword surrounding it, and to live peacefully, chanting payers from the moment he opens his eyes to when he closes them again to sleep.   For Fei, it is accepting that she'll have an arranged marriage to someone their father deems fit. Eunjung will probably share the same fate, although she has told Wooyoung that she plans to run away when the day comes, and Wooyoung had agreed to help her. But Fei, she’s their eldest, she can’t run away. Her obligations are her shackles, her responsibilities became her prison.

“How is she? " Wooyoung looks at Eunjung, biting his lower lip. Realizing for the first time that it is because their oldest sister is sick that he has to do this. Last time he met Fei was at last year's dance festival and even then she looks thin.  

" She said she's doing better and she is getting her medicine, but I don't know. Sometimes I think it's matters of the mind that makes her ill “Eunjung answers. Her eyes dimming and the smile fading from her face. " It's so wrong that she has to marry someone she never met, and the fact that she accepts it--" 

" It's not like she had a choice." Wooyoung mutters.

Eunjung sighs, “ I know, it's father's dying wish, by marrying this prince, our family will be stronger. Prince's Horvejkul's kingdom is vast and powerful. She knows this too, that's why she agrees." 

" Gah that man still pesters us even when he's dead." Junho says with a gruff. " Can't he leave us to live our lives in peace."

" Yah yah yah, if anyone hears you talks that way." Eunjung jumps forward and covers Junho's mouth with the handkerchiefs in her hand.

" What? What will they do? Have my head will they? Let's see them try." Junho challenges, swatting Eunjung's hand away, handkerchief flying all over the place.

" Alright, stop it you two!" Wooyoung yells at them, and then regrets it because , he doesn’t have enough air in his lungs to do this. These damn tight corsets are a thing of nightmares. " I'll do it . I’ll do it so stop fighting. If this is for Fei  then of course I'm going to do it. " He gasps out, more for air than from annoyance, ignoring the way his vision starting to get blurry and blotchy as he gathers the scattered handkerchiefs and stuffing some into his left chest voluntarily. He has uneven eyes , that doesn't mean he has to have uneven too. " I still think Junho is better, “ Wooyoung stop and tries to breathe, “ I mean… Junho--, Junho has the best… arse in the family." He says slowly, feeling more than a little light headed. 

“Consider it covered, one plush arse coming your way~" Eunjung shows him a small pillow and pats it all too happily.

Wooyoung collapses to the floor.

( it seems the lack of air and immense embarrassment are just too much to handle for the young prince)

 

~