(jh/wy) Ficlets

all little things (that we once said)

3 Ficlets from a flashfic 

 

1. breathe in, junho/wooyoung, pg-13, 183 word, angst

this is it.

wooyoung never thought it would come to this.

but it did.

they’re soon to be parted, and the realisation made wooyoung to look up and traces each line on junho's face carefully. he planted a kiss on those jaw once, plenty of times. had murmured promises against those lips, had moaned and gasped into junho's mouth, had fits of giggles on the crook of junho's neck.

this is it.

and soon they're not lovers anymore. soon they'll be over.
soon, they won’t be them anymore, they'll be junho, and wooyoung. how will he introduce junho to anyone now, hey this is junho, he's my ex? ex boyfriend? ex love? ex bestfriend? this is the guy i used to but not anymore? the man i’ve been coming home to, the one i was planning my future with, and damn it, the rest of my life for that matter, but not anymore?

how do you cancel love?

wooyoung doesn’t know how to use the ex word when everything he feels is still here. still here.

mostly.

or maybe just the memories.

 

 

2. hold , junho/wooyoung, nichkhun/wooyoung, chansung/junho, g, 683 words, angst

 " come Wooyoung, let's look at the snow." Junho said, wrapping a thick scarf around Wooyoung’s neck, his fingers warm against Wooyoung’s skin. 


" don’t be such spoilsport, a little cold won’t hurt us! " Junho laughed, brushing the snow from his shoulder and knee, the snow angel formed perfectly on the freezing snow, the soil warm where he had laid.  There were bits of snowflakes falling on his lashes, some on his hair, the ones falling on his cheek melted right away. 

They’re on the nth season of hell's kitchen when Junho said, before he sneeezed, " Hell has no fury like Gordon Ramsey," Junho was having a fever and his nose was runny, he snuggled closer to Wooyoung on the couch, his head resting on Wooyoung’s shoulder while Wooyoung focused on fixing their blanket, rubbing his hand up and down Junho’s arm, and ignoring all urges to pick up every used tissue he saw scattered around the living room. It was still snowing outside, heavier this time, and Wooyoung just couldn’t help himself, 

" Come on, a little cold wont hurt us." Wooyoung cooed, teased, a snicker hiding behind his smile.

" Shut up." Junho groaned, pressing his face more into Wooyoung’s neck. And Wooyoung did, bundling his little love up in the blanket and planting a kiss in his hair. " Don’t laugh, " Junho pinched Wooyoung’s side.

" I wasn’t laughing." Wooyoung lied.

" Liar." Junho called out, tilting his face up to look at Wooyoung. " Don’t kiss me."  Junho warned as Wooyoung leaned his head down closer.

" I won’t." Wooyoung said, pressing his lips against Junho’s and parting them gently.

" Liar," Junho managed between a mumble and a laughter, right before he kissed back.



It is the same snowy nights as before.

Before the break

Before goodbye

Before the only cold they felt was the snow. And not the one in their hearts.

Wooyoung can see him through the glass. Should’ve figured it .Junho always said he love this place.

Junho looks good, he looks healthy, happy.

He’s laughing, beaming and from the way he blush and smiles Wooyoung knows, Junho is in love. Wooyoung can’t see the other man, the man who holds Junho’s hands so tightly, the one who puts the smile back on Junho’s face. The one replacing Wooyoung’s place in Junho’s heart.

 

" Come Wooyoung, let's look at the snow." Wooyoung feels warm hands embracing him, the scent of a cologne he learns to love through the years, and when he turns his head, he sees Nichkhun, smiling at him. 

" Can we look at the snow from somewhere warm. Don’t want either of us catching a cold." Wooyoung pats Nichkhun’s arms, wrapping gently around his shoulders.

" Oh? You’re ready to go home? We still have a few more hours, told my mum we kids are out to have irresponsible fun the whole night through ." Nichkhun bumps his nose on Wooyoung’s temple and Wooyoung feels a bubbling laughter from his chest.

“ Nee, keyword fun. Not cold.” Wooyoung chuckles, Nichkhun’s nose cool and warm at the same time, and then he catches Junho’s gaze.

 

His heart still flutters seeing Junho’s smile, the ends of his nerves still tingles they way the do everytime he realises Junho is smiling to him. His hand shoot up to reach, all too familiar with how Junho feels under his fingers. Wooyoung rests them on Nichkhun’s wrist instead,  gripping tight so he remember how things are now, even when his whole body seems to forget.

What they had, what they don’t have anymore, all the memories, they stayed with Wooyoung. 

Because even when they're walking into different footsteps now, holding onto different hands. There will always be a part of Wooyoung that stays foolishly in love with Junho.

Of what they once were.

 

“ Let’s break up coolly. Like in the movies. There’s no need for tears. Let’s end this with a smile.”

“ Will you be okay if it’s like this? Be honest, will you really be okay?”

“ I will.”

“ Liar.”

 

 

3. breathe out, junho/wooyoung, pg-13, 472 word, romance/fluff

" stupid wooyoung." junho pouts, picking the silvers off the table, spoons and forks left idle and unused. he drops them into the sink, along with the plates, food already scraped off and going straight to the bin, the sane side of him will nag him later for wasting food, but it's not entirely his fault is it? it's wooyoung's fault that's what it is. of course i won’t forget, he said. i'll be home before eight, he said. let the kids stay at your sister's for tonight, he said.


well, junho already sent the kids up to their aunt's house and what does that left him with? an empty house with neither his partner nor his kids. great. he'll just sit here wallowing his despair to the walls then, because wooyoung has denied him not only his company, but also his kids. why? because wooyoung is stupid that’s why.

calling his sister takes effort because he sees the text wooyoung sent him again . flight delayed cos of snow. perfect.

half past midnite junho climbs into his bed, alone, still no wooyoung, and no kids to be tucked in, no cheeks to be kissed goodnight. damn, he missed his kids. 
when they adopt the twins, junho thought wooyoung would be the one getting all clingy , but no, wooyoung was firm, stern . he sets the rules and junho's usually the ones breaking--,.. erm.. tweaking it a bit. that doesn’t make wooyoung a distant father though, junho remember waking up during those hellish first months, sleep deprived and walking into the nursery only to find wooyoung fast asleep on the rocking chair, their baby sleeping peacefully inside their crib.

around 1 am junho feels a nudge, and then a kiss on his cheek, and the first thing flashing through his mind was oh no you dont get to do this to me.

" i’m sorry ‘im so late, happy anniversary, junoya." wooyoung murmurs.

"you’re so stupid i dont know why i marry you." junho want to say, but didn’t.

because wooyoung looks tired, drained, heck drained is totally an understatement.

" you want dinner? i can heat some up for you." junho says instead, sitting up and watches wooyoung's back as he undressed.

" could you? please? " wooyoung answers him.


later on, after dinner and anniversary where wooyoung got junho gasping against his pillow, ( he doesnt know where wooyoung finds the stamina, but junho's glad wooyoung did ) and it's just them and the sound of their breaths and the quiet outline of the man he love, junho scoots closer and buries his face in wooyoung's shoulder. " i miss you." he says, with all his might, with all his heart.

" i miss you too." wooyoung hums.

junho falls asleep to the rhythm of wooyoung's heartbeat.