Message

Pieces

 

The clacker of the passing train and the soft sounds of rain meeting with the station's roof fade slowly in the background as I take the few stairs down to the street and into the mass of people hurrying over. A raindrop falls down my temple, and the weariness after a long day wants to get the best of me, but my mind is too occupied with the thought of being the first at home this time. The cool breeze of air blows through the intersection when I wait for the light to change, making the wetness of my shoes feel even colder. 
          But I can't help but smile when a thought of you crosses my mind. It makes me feel giddy and impatient, and the bubbles of joy easily pushes away any negative thoughts from my head. As I try to calm myself from growing too impatient to rush home, I lower my pace and try to attach my attention to things as the white stripes of the crosswalk, the sweet and mellow scents of the donut stall just few leaps away that gets me drooling and the bundle of flowers an old man is delicately carrying to his wife. But even as small thing as a checkered scarf on the showcase of a clothing shop drifts my thoughts back to you, and I bite my lip in an attempt to prevent the foolish smile from appearing onto my face. A longing sigh escapes from my mouth, and a kid who has stopped beside me looks at me so knowingly that it makes my cheeks boil in beet red when she grins her toothless smile, and runs away.

          It feels like I've tried my everything to not to think about you, yet I've already failed miserably. How could I stop my heart from wanting what it wants?
          Shaking my head in slight disbelief, I glance at my wrist - which is a mistake, because the watch also reminds about you, and how your lips curled exitedly when you gave it to me in last October. However, I keep counting on the hours and minutes to you.

After twenty minutes of changing between walking and jogging, I finally arrive to the familiar, peaceful neighborhood were the town houses are slightly tiny and old, but I wouldn't ask for more because it is home
          The rain hasn't stopped yet, and I'm thoroughly soaked without an umbrella. The sky is gray, but I know it's just matter of days until the sun will show up again, and the last heaps of snow will melt away. Thinking about spring leads me to wonder about your birthday just few weeks later, and I can easily picture the few tickets hidden in an envelope under my stacks of pullovers you would never think about borrowing.
          My eyes drift to the tile colored mailbox in the near distance, and a warm flame kindles in my chest. Suddenly my eyes catch a glimpse of a golden dog behind the fence that follows me up to the border of the plot of land. He waggles his tail cheerfully and walks with me till the corner where I sneak my hand through the gap between the timber fence and caress the silky fur from under its chin, both enjoying each others company as we do almost every weekday.
          As I walk to the mailbox, the rain suddenly starts pouring down harder and the droplets immediately absorb through the fabric of my jacket and even pants. Hurriedly, I grab the few letters and a newspaper, running under the roof of the front porch, grinning to the letters on the box's cover and the fact that the porch isn't just a porch.
          It's ours.

One hot shower, warm clothes and a cup of tea later I find myself browsing rummaging around my phone, more specifically all the old messages I haven't been able to delete even after so long. To be honest, I've actually written some of them on my notebook, which is my own little secret. Though I'm pretty sure you know about them.
          The time passes by way too slowly, and I grow tired slacking on the comfortable couch for so long. I know it will take few more hours for you to come, so I decided to let myself nap for the time being. My fingers type away for the instant message application, and with drowsy eyes I skim through the keyboard.

 

18:52
come

                        18:52
                        cuddle

18.53
with

               18:55
               me

 

                             19:01
                             I miss you

 

 

 

 

As the front door quietly closes behind me, I look around in the darkness, hearing how the raindrops drumm the roof of the house in a slow rhythm when my eyes try to find you. From the lack of any other sounds, and few unanswered messages later I know you must be asleep - and it's not very hard to guess where.
          I get myself off from my shoes and jacket, hanging it up to the racket before I stroll towards you and your napping nest. While massaging the right side of my stiff shoulder, I soon discern the mop of sundown kissed brown hair, and I can't help but smile. Carefully, I sit down on the narros space between your stomach and the edge of couch, my hand finding itself your hair faster than I am able to think. A soft hum escapes between your dry lips, and you crunch your nose when my cold fingers meets your skin hot from sleep. With a chuckle, I bring my hand to your cheek and it.
          "Donghae..." You ignore my calls, furrowing your eyebrows when I bend closer and leave a wet kiss on the tip of your nose. "Donghae... Wake up." With the second try, you finally start to stir, yet you don't want to open your eyes.
          "Do I have to...?" you murmur so tiredly, brown eyes hardly trying to open up, and I can see a the watery glimmer of your brown eyes between your eyelids. I can't do else but chuckle.
          "Yes... If you want to come cuddle with me," I say, "You know what happens with the couch. It's too small."
          "Cuddle with me...
          You are so tired, and it's hard to deal with the cuteness.
          "Yes, I want to cuddle with you," I mutter while standing up, "Come on. I missed you."
          "I missed you too."
          Donghae grabs onto my stretched out hand, following me towards the bedroom.
          Our bedroom.
          It still amazes me after being together over seven years, two of that living together in our house. Our own.

 

 

 

 

AN: Idek...... is that fluff? from me?

I must be high. not very proofread. imma lil too tired to think.

 

HEY. check out my eunhae!writing contest and please spread the link about it. c: