Fine Arts 2/4

Pieces

AN: the second part of...four. hopefully you'll like it! I decided that it's gonna be four parts alltogether...
i kind of fell in love with their characters... *facepalm* though these chapters are shorter than my usual chaptered stories.

tell me what do you think!

INFO: pg


 

 

003  f i n e  a r t s  (2/4)

 

When Donghae watches over his friend talking enthusiastically and with bright smiles to with some of the art ward’s girls, he wonders if the red head didn’t actually even call to the right number just two days ago.

 

Judging by the way Hyukjae talks, acts or just looks at the girls he’s pretty sure that the call didn’t actually have anything to do with him. His friend is just too comfortable flirting and listening to the coos and whines addressed to him.

 

Donghae turns his gaze back to his art history book and sighs.  There was no way that Lee Hyukjae, one of the school’s most popular dudes, would really have any feelings towards a guy like Donghae, who’s just a good kid with good grades and nice looks. He’s way too ordinary.

 

He, the guy with black rimmed glasses wouldn’t really turn Hyukjae’s head in an actual interest. He loves literature, he reads a load of books and actually enjoys learning new things, he always has a novel under his nose, he dresses in simple black slim jeans with collared shirts, he’s quiet but when someone is willing to have deep conversations about the whole damn universe he will babble like a boiling kettle and he’s more sarcastic than witty and there is just no way.

 

He also tends to be a bit pessimistic.

 

And yes, he has always thought that Hyukjae is simply breathtaking. The way he emphasizes the words when he acts, the way his body moves when he dances. And goddamn that guy would really dance. The way his mind seems to trail off from the reality when he focuses in dancing is way too fetching for him to watch if he doesn’t want to squeal like a fifteen year old teenage girl.

 

He sighs when he sees that it’s almost about the time for the next lecture to start. He closes the book and tugs it into his bag before he leaves the corridors without giving the red head even a glance before disappearing into the classroom.

 


 

The read head startles the brunette girl when he clasps his hands around her neck, dangling on her like a koala. She rolls her eyes and pats the taller guy’s back, hoping that her second best friend would get off before she would make him. But she only hears muffled and a bit unmanly cries.

 

“He hates me”, Hyukjae grumbles, trying to find some consolation from Tiffany – who really isn’t the best person for that.

 

“Get off you pitiful monkey. What did you do?” she asks, sighing in exasperation because of her classmate is just plainly moronic sometimes.

 

“He most likely hates me! How can I be so stupid? I just messed up everything because I got drunk! He hates me. He hates me he hates—“

 

“Wait a minute I think there’s a bug whimpering in my ear”, she huffs and acts like there really is something in her ear. And finally the koala lets go of her, staring at her like she just kicked a puppy.

 

“Seriously, Fany! I got wasted – and I ing told him that I love him! Do you hear me! I told Donghae I love him! Over a phone. And he thinks I don’t remember because I lied that I never remember them. What the hell I’m supposed to do now?!”

 

Tiffany sees the frustration on her friend’s eyes and sighs, “…men.”

 

“You’re not helping!”

 

“Okay, okay!” she finally groans and gently slaps the guy on the forehead. “So let’s start over. You got drunk.  You called him. And you told him that you…”

 

Hyukjae thinks that the words are finally sinking to the girl, but he squeezes his eyes shut when the brunette girl widens her eyes and he knows she’s going to explode.

 

“You told him over the phone that you're head over heels on him?!”

 

“…yes”, he whimpers, awkwardly staring at the floor when the girl glares at him.

 

“Idiot. Jesus Christ what an idiot you are…” she mutters, but then she gathers herself and calms down. Hyukjae might be the biggest fool in the whole universe but he’s still her friend and she loves him like a brother – or the gay best friend – and she’s suddenly changed from a lion back to a familiar cat again.

 

Hyukjae has been crushing over this geeky (but quite cute and well-butted in her opinion) friend of his over four months now. She’s been watching over this attraction changing into real longing and she doesn’t quite catch how this Donghae could be so goddamn stubborn to not to see how in freaking too deep Hyukjae already is.

 

“I know goddammit! And he hasn’t talked to me since then – or well, we texted something incoherent but I don’t have any idea what he really thinks. And today, we changed few words, but he didn’t say anything before he went to his class…” Hyukjae whines and bits his lip, looking actually quite pained because of the situation.

 

Tiffany shakes her head and places her hands on the guy’s shoulders, looking at him like a mother reassuring that it isn’t really that bad.

 

She knows Hyukjae isn’t that confident as he seems to be – at least when it comes to Donghae. Because he isn’t sure if Donghae is even interested in guys, although he gives that feeling that he isn’t about the gender but the person – when most of the students in their school knows that Hyukjae is at least interested in both females and males. He just tends to give his attention mostly towards the girls, because the reason is, as a matter of fact, that he is pretty shy when it comes to interacting with males that he could be interested in.

 

“Darling, do you understand that you were drunk when you confessed to him? Is he supposed to believe what you said if being in that state?” she asks, though more in a rhetoric way. “I think you should do this: be with him like you always do, but make him believe that your words were actually true.”

 

“How…?” he asks; uncertain and thick eyebrows knitted together.

 

“Give him some subtle, but clear hints. He’s smart, Hyuk. Watch his reactions. I think he’s not the type to babble when he’s nervous – he keeps quiet or he’s acting annoyed, right? Watch if he dodges eye-contact or direct touches. Does he blush when you touch him or when you compliment him?”

 

Hyukjae gulps, but nods eventually.

 

“You can do it, my little monkey! Fighting!”

 

“Yeah… I can do it…”

 

“Hey come on, dude. Show me some fighting spirit!” Tiffany snickers, and the red head gives him a doubtful glare.

 

“…do you think he likes me?” he asks then, biting his lip again. “What if he just simply doesn’t like me?”

 

She thinks for a minute, clearly trying to catch some moments when Hyukjae was hanging with the geeky guy. She contemplates pretty hard, until she gives her friend a smirk.

 

“He might be stubborn, but if I know anything about human behavior –“, the red head rolls his eyes to her, “-he definitely has a thing for you. I can’t blame him though, you can be quite irresistible.” Tiffany snorts and pinches Hyukjae’s cheeks.

 

“—but!” she points her index finger to Hyukjae’s chest. “He doesn’t want to be toyed with, or neither fooled with, so he will play hard to get.”

 

“Great. No pressure.”

 

“Nope”, she grins and pats the guy on the shoulder and leaves him, throwing him to the wolf without no signs of mercy.

 

No ing pressure.