Fine Arts 4/4

Pieces

an: haha I guess I was bored?? It's longer than I thought it'd be :DD

enjoy!(?)

 


 

003 f i n e  a r t s  (4/4)

 

 

The next day when Hyukjae approaches Donghae he looks like one of those dogs who have been scolded on, and the expression just tells who has been the culprit on being a bad dog.

 

“Hi”, the red head greets cautiously, looking at his crush with those adorable glasses on his nose. Yet when Donghae lifts his eyes upon him, he feels like an icicle has been dropped into his shirt. His eyes are even more blistering than usual, and he hastily looks down on the floor because he can literally feel that murderous glare throwing bananas towards the stupid monkey.

 

Donghae is kind of mad.

 

Well, not angrily mad, but it's evident that he's at least a bit pissed off, because it just had to happen when all of the other libraries and even book shops seem to be out of the certain edition of the book he's at the moment being prohibited from.

 

“Morning”, Donghae mutters while he's putting some of the unnecessary books back into his locker; his black bag hanging on his shoulder and the checked collar shirt slightly revealing a slice of his tanned skin, just above the waistband of his black jeans.

 

Hyukjae gulps, and finds his fingers trailing on the back of his head and amongst the red strands that have already gotten a bit too long. He still doesn’t know what Donghae is thinking – besides of being annoyed at him – and Tiffany has already lectured him last night for being a dumb dimwit who should just grow some balls and tell him. And he perfectly knows how right his friend is, yet he’s still too shy to be so bold with his feelings when it’s Donghae against him.

 

The red head is still utterly embarrassed from the accident yesterday evening, yet he still found himself confronting Donghae despite fear of getting hit by a book at least, although Donghae hasn’t actually done anything to him which kinda confuses him.

 

When he hears the brunette sighing, he raises his gaze back on the guy who has his bangs over his eyes and hands around a history book over his lap.

 

“What do you want?” Donghae doesn’t seem so irritated at all anymore, only a bit annoyed and if Hyukjae is seeing right, a bit awkward. His brown eyes aren’t strangling him anymore, but he has a rosy shade on his cheeks – which he isn’t sure if he’s just bottling up his displeasure or if he’s as embarrassed as Hyukjae is.

 

He gapes at him, struggling to find his tongue to say something he intended to say, yet it seems like he has forgotten anything he had thought of for apologizing.

 

“I just—I mean—Are you—Does it still hurt?” he stutters, glancing Donghae under his eyebrows with a sheepish pout.

 

“My balls are fine, thank you very much”, Donghae says, trying to hide the lurking blush on his face. Why that silly nugget has to look so goddamn adorable when he’s supposed to be still ‘mad’ at him? Why?

 

How come it’s even possible for Hyukjae to be one of the most popular guys’ amongst girls when he’s actually like this? Do they even know about this sad puppy-side of him? Like, how on earth such pouty bastard could even be one of the most wanted?

 

Maybe he’s just being jealous.

 

Because who even could resist him?

 

He actually just wants to kiss the living daylights out of him yet he still doesn’t know if everything he has done during the past week has anything to do with his drunken confession.

 

“Oh. Good—I mean—Ok”, Hyukjae splutters while squirming on his feet. Goddamn it’s so embarrassing to get so shy around the other these days. And he has the bump still on his forehead, though it’s mostly hidden under his bangs.

 

Why does he have to lose all of his confidence when he’s around Donghae? Every time girls come to flirt with him and stuff, it’s the exact opposite because doesn’t really feel anything towards them, and yet Donghae gets him weak on his knees, appears into his dreams and makes him act like one of those girls that comes to confront him?

 

In Hyukjae’s eyes Donghae is just gorgeous. He’s smart – even intractable when he wants – and the sensation he gives him makes him think of all the books Donghae carries around; how he sits at the school’s café and reads with a cup of coffee on the table; how he’s sometimes so lost in his own thoughts that he doesn’t notice anything happening around; how his black rimmed, big yet cute glasses that makes him look a bit like a hipster sometimes starts to fall down along his nose when he looks for something from his bag or when he reads a book very intensively; how he laughs so loudly when something is really funny; how he wrinkles his nose when Hyukjae is irritating him and how his crooked cute teeth seems to just shine when he smiles or grins – and he could go on and on with the list – and then, when Donghae looks at him with eyebrows lifted up questioningly he just really, really wants to pour all of his feelings out.

 

“Are you okay, Hyukjae?” Donghae then asks when the red head keeps silent, tilting his head and quirking his eyebrow.

 

It’s been a while since the last time the brunette has called him with that tone; that tone he used to use before Hyukjae was being moronic when wasted; that one which is somehow affectionate, yet sarcastic.

 

“Or did the fall destroy your brain-working?” he asks again when the slightly taller male still hasn’t answered. He closes the distance between them with few steps, and lifts his hand to move the red strands off Hyukjae’s forehead, to see the slightly swollen, a bit purplish bump. He tries to ignore his rapidly beating heart, because Hyukjae’s single-lidded, perfect almond eyes blinks a few times, until his gaze goes darker, even if the shyness is still evident. He has no idea what is the guy thinking, although his own eyes do wander lower on the red head’s face, down onto his lips that are goddamn tempting.

 

“I lied”, Hyukjae suddenly blurts, and the hand on his forehead tenses.

 

“What?”

 

Hyukjae notices the frown on the geek’s forehead, a puzzled look radiating from his eyes.

 

“I lied”, he repeats, “When I called you while I was drunk.”

 

“Huh?” Donghae seems to be nibbling his lower lip, and Hyukjae could swear the guy is even more upset than he originally was. Hyukjae though is trying to fight against the embarrassment when his heart is thudding so loudly inside his ribcage. He’s on the edge, and it feels like his stomach could turn over in nervousness.

 

“I told you that I don’t remember things after getting wasted”, he starts, “But that’s a lie, because I do.”

 

Donghae’s hand has started to sink, and Hyukjae already misses the warm sensation on his skin.

 

“I do remember, and I meant everything I—”, he blurts without much of breath, and he isn’t even able to catch it when his back suddenly hits the metal lockers, and feels hands gripping on his shoulders, eyes throwing irritated, yet embarrassed looks over him.

 

“You stupid dip”, Donghae growls, and Hyukjae swears he can feel his hot breath against his tender skin, and smell his gentle yet fresh cologne that’s so intoxicating that his eyes almost roll backwards in pleasure – although his legs are shaking because Donghae looks quite intimidating, and he isn’t sure if the guy is actually gonna hit or bang his head onto the locker or do something else to scold him.

 

He glances the brunette cautiously, ignoring the questioning looks of the students hanging on the hallway who attend the same classes as they. His head spins when he wonders how loud he has been while talking, though he’s being pretty sure that his voice has been at the most closest to a whisper.

 

“God, I hate you”, Donghae huffs.

 

He drops his eyes, swallowing nervously, because he’s too embarrassed to look at the guys who he has been friends with for few years already, and he remembers how they even ended up as so; forced to do an art project together, Donghae being really unapproachable at first because Hyukjae babbled too much and kept telling bad jokes, but who eventually accepted the social butterfly in his small circle of friends – who mostly had been consisting of some other hipsters, as Hyukjae had preferred to call them. And when the months, and now, even few years, had already passed by, they were already being as comfortable as friends could be with each other despite the different social statuses, though at least on their ward no one was really looked down when they all were a bit more of the artsy outsiders.

 

And after the last semester break, he had started to look Donghae differently, and it was rare if he wasn’t daydreaming during the most boring lessons to the point where even one of his teachers had said that he should probably get laid if he really wanted to pass the course.  (He only started jack-off more though, because what else he could have he been able to do?)

 

“Hyukjae”, he hears Donghae calling, and he hums shyly. “Is that really why you’ve been acting so weird lately?”

 

“You—”

 

“Yes I did notice. It was harder not to”, Donghae scoffs, and if Hyukjae isn’t stupid he’s looking at the other’s reddening cheeks at the moment.

 

Donghae sighs warily. “I have no idea what I really see in a dimwit like you.”

 

Hyukjae can’t say if Donghae’s hand is really crawling behind his neck or is he only dreaming, or lost his mind – but he reasons for the latter when he thinks he feels warm and oh-god-so-perfect lips against his own, and his heart is definitely about to burst, or at least scatter all around, and the butterflies inside his stomach had started a nuclear war when Donghae is actually kissing him.

 

He swears his face is starting to get as red as his hair – and he decides it must be time to change the color – when a silent, accidentally hum – okay, a moan –  escapes against the thin lips that distantly leaves a coffee-like taste lingering on his lips when they part because he has already been out of breath.

 

Donghae smirks when Hyukjae pants in lack of air, eyes wide and almost confused, though extremely adorable.


“There’s gonna be lots of broken hearts around here you know”, the brunette mutters, and Hyukjae’s gaze follows his when he sees a pack of girls and boys from their ward further on the hallway while staring, cooing, catcalling or almost sobbing at them. He nibbles his lower lip, and even if he’s somehow startled to be really seen like this with Donghae – that such a womanizer and confident guy from theatre arts is so smitten under the geek’s tight yet tender grip – he could say he has never been happier, or more whipped with anyone.

 

Somehow his confidence is even coming back, because there’s no more bottled up secrets between them, and he knows nothing is really going to change – well, maybe for better – because they’ll probably always be the weird pair who gets detention for messing around on the library or something like that.

 

“They just have to get used to it that I have thing for nerds with good butts.”

 

“I take this as a compliment because otherwise you’d be in trouble, nugget”, Donghae says and wrinkles his nose, although he’s not doing so well on hiding his kittenish smile at the same time when he tilts his head to the side, and with a slight brush of their noses their lips are linked again for a quick kiss, before Donghae steps a bit backwards to glance at the clock that shows their lecture has already started two minutes ago.

 

“Well, this nugget would like to take you on a date, if you could grant my last wish before I’ll be getting in trouble?”

 

“I really don’t get it why I’ve fallen for a guy like you who just hit my balls with his occipital yesterday...”

 

“It was an accident, okay?!”