022

Back Together with My Best Friend

Author's POV

Hyeyoung took the gun and contemplated if she should listen to Jackson. "2 minutes to decide." Jackson said. A lot of things flashed through her mind in that short period of a few seconds. She looked at her crying son, then at Kris, who was shaking his head at her, mouthing: Don't do it. Hyeyoung then looked at the gun in her hands. She then looked at Jackson with tearful eyes, then back at the gun.

"Time is ticking." Jackson reminded Hyeyoung and she took a deep breath. Slowly, she raised the gun and pointed it at her head. She closed her eyes and tears fell from them. "Please, Hye, don't do this." Kris pleaded, tears welling in his eyes and his voice cracked. "Come on." Jackson said. Hyeyoung took one last look at her son, as soft sobs rocked his little body.

Hyeyoung's tears kept falling as she looked at her beloved son. "I'm sorry..." Hyeyoung muttered. Kris then said, "Please, HYE! Don't do this, please..." Hyeyoung turned her head to look at him and smiled, "Take care of Yiyang for me." Kris' tears then started falling. "Please, I just managed to get you back into my life... Please." Kris told Hyeyoung.

"I need you..." Kris said and Hyeyoung turned away from him. "I love you." Kris said and Hyeyoung froze. "What happened to not leaving each other no matter what?" Kris asked. Hyeyoung took a deep breath again and muttered, "I'm sorry. Please take care of Yiyang for me." Hyeyoung then counted to herself.

Three. Hyeyoung inhaled, and positioned her finger on the trigger.

Two. Hyeyoung exhaled slowly as she got ready to pull the trigger.

One.

***

Before she could pull the trigger, the door to the warehouse burst opened and officers stomped in. In their haste, Jackson and his men carried Yiyang away and his cries caught Hyeyoung's attention. She chased after them, still holding the gun. Kris saw Hyeyoung running away and he followed suit. Those that were slow in running away from the police, were all caught.

"Omma~" Yiyang's cries can be heard as Jackson carried Yiyang away. "JACKSON!" Hyeyoung yelled. Jackson's two other men stopped in front of Hyeyoung, blocking her from getting to Jackson. "Give my son back to me!" Hyeyoung yelled and suffered a blow onto her stomach. She coughed in pain but she tried to dodge the thugs blocking her.

Kris yelled for them to release Hyeyoung but received a blow across his face. When the thugs were distracted, Hyeyoung sprung up and ran towards Jackson. "You , give my son back to me!" Hyeyoung yelled and forcefully carried Yiyang away from Jackson. Kris ran up and blocked away all the thugs that were going towards Hyeyoung.

hyeyoung hugged her son tightly as her son wrapped his short arms around her neck. "My baby..." Hyeyoung cooed as she his hair. Suddenly someone hit her back with a blunt object and Hyeyoung almost fell forward. She turned and saw guys on the floor and Kris bleeding at the corner of his mouth. Jackson had called for more back up and Hyeyoung saw the guys running towards her and surrounding them.

She went to Kris and handed Yiyang into his arms. "Hye..." Kris muttered and hugged the child tight. He somewhat knew what Hyeyoung was thinking about. "Don't..." Kris muttered and Hyeyoung smiled. "Go." She said. Hyeyoung then turned around and threw a punch at the nearest guy and gave a kick to the one charging towards her.

"Hye!" Kris yelled and he got up. "GO!" Hyeyoung yelled and Kris had to run out, because he had a small and innocent child in his arms. "Omma~" Yiyang cried as he realised he was getting further and further from his mother. "Shhh, your omma will come out soon!" Kris tried to comfort the little boy. Yiyang then laid down on Kris' broad shoulder as Kris ran.

Hyeyoung managed to fight off all the thugs and was running away. Kris was already at the entrance, and he had handed Yiyang over to a female police officer as he waited for Hyeyoung to come out. He could not wait anymore and dashed in, wanting to find Hyeyoung. He was barely into the warehouse when he saw Hyeyoung running out.

He ran towards her but he noticed Jackson was behind her. "Hye! Behind you!" Kris yelled at Hyeyoung and she turned around. Jackson swung a blunt object at her head and Hyeyoung fell to the floor. She held her head and looked at her hand to find blood. Bearing the pain, she got up and threw a punch at Jackson, then grabbing the object away from him.

Hyeyoung saw Jackson on the floor and took this chance to run away. But what fate has it that Jackson got up and whipped out a knife. He grabbed Hyeyoung's hair and turned her around. Without hesitation, he plunged the knife into her abdomen. Hyeyoung did not have enough time to react and when she could understand what was going on, the knife was in her.

She looked at Jackson, and her hand was on the knife as she held her breath. Jackson then withdrew the knife and Hyeyoung let out her breath. She fell onto the floor with her hand was over her wound, trying to stop the bleeding. "HYE!" Kris yelled and rushed towards her. The other police officers came running in and managed to arrest Jackson.

"I'll never let you off!" Jackson yelled as he was brought away by the officers. "Madam! Stay with us! The ambulance is coming!" Hyeyoung's subordinate came running. Kris propped Hyeyoung on his lap as he tried to stop the bleeding. His hand was painted with Hyeyoung'd blood and Hyeyoung's face was running out of her usual colour.

"K-kris..." Hyeyoung called out and Kris cleared his tears as he looked at her. Hyeyoung raised her hand to cup Kris' face. "Take c-care of Yi...Yiyang for m-me..." Hyeyoung said and before Kris could say anything, Hyeyoung's hand slipped from his face and fell lifeless. Hyeyoung's body relaxed and Kris released the breath he didn't know he was holding.

His tears slipped out of his eyes as he yelled, "Hyeyoung! Hyeyoung! Please, don't! Please, stay with me!" Kris pleaded and the sirens of the ambulance could be heard. "The ambulance is coming, please stay with me!" Kris said and kissed Hyeyoung's forehead. 

 

 


SO this is my next update. I just realised there is one more chapter after this, which means the next chapter is then the last chapter. I'll update the last chapter within this week okay? Thank you for being patient and for reading, subscribing and commenting~ See you in my next chapter okay? ^^

 

countdown to last chapter: one

 

LOVE LOTS