017

Back Together with My Best Friend

Author's POV

After the dinner, Kris brought Hyeyoung to the nearby park to have a walk. Kris tried to ask Hyeyoung about her life in the past few years and Hyeyoung didn't say anything about her career. She only mentioned that she was married to Tao and have a cute little son named Yiyang. Kris wanted to ask Hyeyoung about the other day, why was there people chasing after her and hitting her. However, before he could open his mouth, Hyeyoung's cellphone rang.

"Sorry, hold on." Hyeyoung told Kris and Kris nodded his head. "Go ahead." Kris said and Hyeyoung answered the call. "Eo, Yiyang-ah!" Hyeyoung said and Kris turned towards Hyeyoung's direction. "I'm going home soon okay?" Hyeyound said and the call ended. She turned to Kris and apologised. "I'm sorry, I have to go." Hyeyoung then walked away after giving Kris a friendly hug. Kris then grabbed Hyeyoung's arm, "Come, let me sned you." Kris said.

Hyeyoung wanted to decline his offer but Kris insisted. "Alright." Hyeyoung relented and they made their way to Auntie Mei's. "Omma!" Little Yiyang called out when he saw his mother. Auntie Mei carried was waiting at the door, carrying Yiyang. Hyeyoung made a small dash towards her son and carried him from Auntie Mei. "Thank you, Auntie Mei, for helping me look after Yiyang." Auntie Mei smiled and asked, "Is that your boyfriend? He's handsome."

"Ani, he is just my best friend, we knew each other when we were young." Hyeyoung explained and Auntie Mei raised her eyebrow, "I see~" She asnwered and Hyeyoung chuckled. "Say byebye to Auntie Mei, Yiyang." Hyeyoung looked at her son and took his little hand. She waved his hand at Auntie Mei as her son muttered some combination of baby language and actual words. Both ladies chuckled at the cute child and they left for Kris' car.

Yiyang could not keep his eyes and hands off Kris. Kris loves kids too so he did not mind Yiyang poking his cheeks, pulling his hair and holding his fingers. "Yiyang, hands off uncle. He is driving." Hyeyoung said firmly to Yiyang and immediately he retracted his hands. Hyeyoung then turned Yiyang around so the mother and son are looking at each other. Hyeyoung carried her son closer to her and she nuzzled her nose with Yiyang's. Yiyang's babyish giggles echoed in the car and Kris let out a short chuckle.

"Give omma a big hug." Hyeyoung tod Yiyang and he spread his arms open wide and wrapped his short arms around Hyeyoung's neck. Kris chuckled as the car slowly stopped at a red light. Yiyang turned to face Kris and he stuck out his tongue at the other male. "Hey, don't be rude." Hyeyoung said as she tapped Yiyang's nose. The green light came on and Kris drove.

"Dada..." Yiyang pointed at Kris. "No baby, he is not your father." Hyeyoung told Yiyang and he looked like he was going to cry. "Dada?" Yiyang asked and Hyeyoung froze. Kris was also curious about Tao's whereabouts. Hyeyoung cleared and said, "Dada is working overseas." Kris eyed her at the corner of his eyes and Hyeyoung said, "Ah, we have reached. Thanks Kris, for the ride."

Kris smiled and watched as Hyeyoung entered her house with Yiyang. Before closing the doors, Hyeyoung called out to Kris, who was getting into his car. "Hey, Kris! Let's meet up again soon!" Hyeyoung said and Kris broke into a wide smile. "See you!" Hyeyoung said and closed the door. She wants to meet up again. Kris thought as a silly smile crept up his face. He then got into his car and drove off.

***

The next morning, Hyeyoung woke up to a text from her bossHye, we need you back here. We have a meeting going on. The text message read. A meeting? Hyeyoung thought. We haven't had one of that since the last supply came in. Hyeyoung then got up and washed up before calling Auntie Mei to come over to her place to take care of her son.

She then rushed down to the place she reports when she goes to work. Before she could reach the place, she saw Kris and he waved at her. Before Hyeyoung could even wave back, a black vehicle pulled up beside her. The door slid open and two burly guys grabbed Hyeyoung into the van. Kris came running and tried to stop the guys from bringing Hyeyoung away, but he was also pushed into the van.

They were tied up in the van when the people covered their eyes with blindfolds. "Where are you taking us?!" Hyeyoung yelled. Kris kept quiet and Hyeyoung asked again. "You should who I am." The voice rang out and Hyeyoung froze.

***

"Why did you bring me here?!" Hyeyoung yelled when the gangsters pushed her onto the floor. Hyeyoung knelt on the ground with her hands tied behind her back and her blindfold lifted. "Ha, for what you did to my two underlings the other day." The man said. "What the hell? They came at me and you want me to just stand there?"

The man was the rival gang's boss. He snickered and asked his underlings to bring Kris here. The boss himself grabbed Hyeyoung and placed her on a chair. Hyeyoung looked as the guys pushed Kris to the floor. They removed his blindfold and immediately he saw Hyeyoung on the chair with a strange guy beside her.

"Hye! Are you alright?!" Kris yelled and Hyeyoung said, "I'll live!" Hyeyoung was pissed off. Someone threw a punch at Kris when he tried to get up. Kris winced in pain and Hyeyoung yelled, "Bastard! Stop!" Suddenly all movements stopped and the rival gang's boss grabbed Hyeyoung's hair.

Hyeyoung yelled in pain and Kris looked up. "Hands off!" Kris yelled and the boss snickered. "Who are you to order me?" He asked and slapped Hyeyoung across her face. The corner of Hyeyoung's mouth began bleeding as she tch-ed. "Is that all you can do?" Hyeyoung taunted and the boss' face changed.

The boss stood in front of Hyeyoung and gave her a punch. Hyeyoung almost fell off the chair. She then smirked as she spat out the blood in . "Stop!" Kris yelled again and the boss grabbed Hyeyoung's hair. "Is that your boyfriend? Where is your husband?" The boss laughed out loud.

"Throw these two into the room. Lock the door and keep watch. Don't let them escape." The boss told his underlings. Before they brought the two away, the boss reminded them, "Escpecially this woman. She's very sneaky." He grabbed her hair and Hyeyoung glared at him. The boss then pushed her head and she fell into the arms of the gangster.

 

 

 


Hey guys, thank you for waiting and for staying with me! I really appreciate your patience! I hope you guys enjoyed my update and thank you for being patient! Please comment your thoughts and see you in my next update!

 

 

LOVE LOTS