CHAPTER II - "First Day "

Mysterious Cache: I'm Inlove with my Bestfriend's Boyfriend

 

March 03, 2008

Today’s our first day in school. It’s quite weird, we’re entering a new school again. Cope up with the changes and have new ‘fake ‘ friends again.

I saw the school’s uniform. It’s very pretty. Sky blue sleeves and a navy blue skirt. After doing all the necessary stuffs, I went to Hyeri’s room.

“Yah, what took you so long? Making your face pretty again for boys? Ew. Anything new for this first day of school? It’s like a tradition already. “

She’s not responding. She kept on doing her makeup.

“Yah! Come on I don’t want to be late!”

She laughed. “Aigoo.! I was just joking, arasso come on, I woke up so early today so I can finish these things up. Such a hot headed girl today huh, not good for girls, boys will be turned off with such attitude. “ she said while laughing.

“I don’t even care. Besides, never did anyone of them came close to me, isn’t it? Just mock off the topic let’s go. “

“Tss, you kept on denying things Gyuri, it’ll be nice if you’ll gonna be true to yourself sometimes. “

“Hahaha, I laughed. “ she gave me a sweet smile.

We rode on the car and had 5 mins drive to school .

 “Yah , Hyeri, are you sure we belong to one class? “

“Don’t worry, things are settled come on, room 41 – A I guess this is it. Ready ??”

“Of course I’m used to it. “

As we enter the class, we saw the professor having her lecture already.

“Oh, are you the new students?? “

“Yes Ms. “ we both nod.

“Okay class, meet Ms. Nam and Ms. Tan, they’re the new students here, please be nice and show how is it to be in this school, clear? ”

The whole class nodded.

I look at Hyeri and she seems like staring at someone. Well, I could care less.

“So, would you like to introduce yourselves ?”

I cuff Hyeri’s arms so she could introduce herself first, you know, I lack this so called, “confidence”.

“Hi, I’m Tan Hyeri, You can call me Hyeri. I hope we could be friends. “

“Hello, I’m Nam Gyuri, Just call me Gyuri I’m new here so it would be nice if you’ll be nice too. “

I know it’s improper, I just want to look dork.

“Okay class, Ms. Nam and Ms. Tan find some vacant seats out there, sit where you think you’re comfortable, you came late so you’ll not be sitting with each other. “

“It’s okay miss. “ Hyeri said with a wide smile on her face.

“Anyway I’m Ms. Kim Sulli. I’m your adviser. I hope you will enjoy your stay here in Seoul International School. “

“Yes miss . “

Hyeri is already seated. I found a vacant seat at the back, and it’s on the last row. I’m about to sit when a guy whispered on me..

“Hi, newbie. I’m Kibum. “

He held out his hand. Well, I need to do some shake hands with him .

“Hi, don’t call me a newbie . Kibum? Am I right?”

“It’s not really complicated to pronounced. You know, you may also call me Cute Mr. Kim. Gyuri right? “

He has a huge cute smile. I can’t help but stare. I think he is a gentleman. He is so cute! Well so much of that already.

“Ah yes.”

As I remove my hand away from his hand, I saw a cute smile under his face. It’s so exceptional. It’s so attractive. No, no, no, no, I shouldn’t act like this. I’m not Hyeri .. hahahahha

I may say that our classroom is very spacious, fully air-conditioned and classic. But I find our class very boring, you know “ice breakers” . None of which belong in our class. I may say that I’m one of them. But there’s no similar “  ice breaker“ like me here. It’s so boring.

History class came, and I’m still sitting beside this Kibum, you know I forgot to tell that we are actually sitting on the last row and there are only two chairs placed there. So it’s like we’re having our own business. Tss. I didn’t have the chance to change seats so I can actually sit beside Hyeri. On our 5 mins break, I went to the comfort room and spent the 5 mins there. And as I enter the room, my Bff’s already chatting with some girls and guys out there. No choice but to go sit again at the back seat. Life’s unfair.

History is so boring, it’s been 3 hours since I've entered this freakin’ room. And my life here will surely explode. I’d rather sleep than listen to this one of a kind stories.

I carelessly flipped my pen, I went on a “ picking position while sitting “ just to reach my pen.

I saw Kibum picked my pen.

“You should be more careful, “

I raised my cute eyebrow.

“Thanks. “ but he didn’t returned my pen .

He wants to play games with me..

Let’s see if you’ll win.

He dares to give the pen on me but when I go reach for it, he will instantly pull the pen.

He showed me a very playful smirk on his face. I’m not used with this kind of game but well, I’m Gyuri, I can do anything. Hahahaha..

I slap his arm so he could lose his control on the pen.

He was shocked at my sudden action. He tried to shield my hands using his left arm.

I saw him laughing. I showed him a ‘give-me-my-pen’ look and I made it too evil enough for him.

Unfortunately I still have my right hand to catch my pen.

I was about to slap his hands to get my pen when he surrendered instantly. He raised his right hand causing me to hit his right hand and my pen.

We both stopped, and looked where the direction of the pen  is going. I stood up as I saw the pen hitting my most beloved teacher.

Again, my most beloved teacher. 

The professor quickly picked up my pen.

“What does this mean? Ms. Nam right?? Will you stand up. “

“What ah-u? Miss, it is an accident . Kibum and-”

“Cut the crap out.!”

“But miss, I didn’t throw my pen, it's Kibum–“ before I could continue my brief explanation, she interrupted me again.

“What Miss Nam? Do you expect me to believe that?? I said out now or do you want to have some attitude corrections in my office?”

“Sorry miss.”

I picked up my things and went a way. I looked at Hyeri, I showed her a weak smile then walked towards the door.

Freakin As* , I don’t expect to have a bad record as early as first day. I promise I will have my revenge.

“Ahh, I hate you Kibum!, He didn’t even show any sign of guilt, or cover ups for me. I hate him, he let me carry the situation alone.”

I went out the classroom and walked wherever my feet would lead me to. I’ve noticed something odd coming from my eyes, no it’s not normal dirt. I touched my face and I didn’t realize that I’m already crying. I sat down the edge of the staircase. I wiped some of those odd things on my face. I just want to have this very formal announcement, oh wait, let’s call it informal announcement. I’m not crying because of what he did, I’m crying because it’s a shame, totally embarrassing first day. Imagine, you had been accused of a crime you’re not even liable with, let’s just say that you’re liable with it but it’s purely unintentional, she needs to know that it is an accident and consider my side too.

“Aisshh, disappointing first day.”

I was staring at the floor when I saw a pair of shoes. I was amazed at the color. It is a combination of red and black with remarkable designs I cannot figure out.

I'm so amazed to the point where I already bent my head sidewards.

But then I heard someone laughed.

“Hi, is your first day that bad ? You were actually daydreaming in here, and hey, don’t get mesmerized by my shoes. “

 

I look up to see the owner of this cute shoes and I didn’t expect to see what I’m seeing right now.