Extra: Forever Inseparable

I'll be Your Sun if You'll be my Moon

Finally!! The highly requested chapter: the wedding :D Enjoy!!


 

 

                “This can’t be happening,” Youngjae rubbed his temples as he looked at the beautiful cake he had ordered now decorating the ground.

                “Zelo, please tell me I’m dreaming right now,” Youngjae groaned.

                “You’re dreaming,” The young elf shook his head as he looked at the mess of chocolate cake on the ground. “I don’t see how denying reality is going to make this any better, though.”

                “No… it isn’t…”

                Zelo bent down to inspect the cake, touching and prodding it as Youngjae could only stare at the mess.

                “You dropped the cake on the floor on the day it is needed!” Himchan’s shout could be heard throughout the whole house. “How dare you offer us a simple coupon! When else would my friend need to use this coupon to buy another wedding cake? Are you suggesting that this marriage won’t work out for him?!”

                “Youngjae, where are these flowers supposed to go?” Jongup’s older sister Hana asked, carrying a huge bundle of white roses.

                Youngjae gawked, “Those were supposed to be put on the stage last night.”

                “Oh… I thought Himchan said that they were going somewhere else,” She looked at the flowers in confusion.

                “Himchan,” Youngjae groaned. “No, they—“

                “Ah! Sweet Hana,” Himchan said as he walked up to them, “Please bunch these into groups of 10 and space them out in vases along the aisle.”

                “Okay, Himchan!” Hana smiled and ran off before Youngjae could tell her otherwise.

                “Himchan! That isn’t what I had decided,” Youngjae fumed.

                “Trust me, my friend, this will look better,” Himchan patted his back. “Now, about the wedding cake, I have a special rush order in and it should be here in time for the reception. Next on the agenda is making sure we mark who sits where.”

                “Wha—no! I don’t care about that!”

                Himchan smiled down at Youngjae, “This is important.”

                “This is my wedding and I say that I want people to sit wherever they want to sit. Please, Himchan stop trying to take control of my own wedding.”

                “But Youngjae,” Himchan interjected, “You are making a huge mistake by putting the ice sculpture near the food. It should be on the stage with you for the ceremony and then we should move it. Just let me—“

                “If you want to do things your way then you should ask Jongup to marry you,” Youngjae interrupted Himchan and effectively shut him up.

                “I better go check on how the chef is doing,” Himchan said as he walked away.

                ‘That’s one stressor taken care of.’ Youngjae thought as he looked out outside at the darkening sky.

                It was hard for him to imagine that Daehyun’s backyard, the one he had first seen on Jongup’s birthday and then had seen on so many casual events over the years was now turned into a beautiful sight befitting a magical wedding.

                The word marriage had hung over Youngjae and Daehyun, each wondering what the other thought of it for quite a long time until Daehyun got drunk one night and asked Youngjae if vampires even got married. After that, once Daehyun sobered up, they talked about it rationally and decided they would get married, but once Daehyun had graduated college, which meant Youngjae had to graduate too since he enrolled in the college so he could be more involved in Daehyun’s life. Daehyun wasted no time, proposing to Youngjae right after they received their college diplomas.           

                “Youngjae!” Mrs. Jung walked up to Youngjae, smiling.  “What are you doing out here? The guests are going to be here soon. You need to go get ready.”

                “Right… get ready…” Youngjae looked outside again. “Is Daehyun still not back yet?”

                Her smile faltered, “I’m sure he is fine, dear.”

                Youngjae sighed, “There is no point lying when we both can tell.”

                She joined Youngjae in looking outside, “They should be back already, but I’m sure they will return to us.”

                “Was this ritual really so important it had to happen now?” Youngjae asked.

                She squeezed Youngjae’s shoulder, “The people of our pack and even the alphas of other packs agreed that he could become an Alpha. We have all been waiting for this time. It is time a new Alpha, one who didn’t experience war to take over the pack and lead them appropriately.”

                “I understand the significance, putting the past behind us and everything, but it couldn’t wait?”

                She smiled weakly, “Its tradition for it to be done at this time. When he comes back he will prove that he is strong enough to be the Alpha. Then after the wedding he will formally take the position of Alpha.”

                “Youngjae!” Himchan sped to him. “What are you doing?! Guests are about to arrive!”

                “But, I was just—“

                “Upstairs! Now! Go change!” Himchan pulled him towards the stairs.

                ‘Why me?’ Youngjae internally moaned.

                “I have your suit in Daehyun’s room,” Himchan explained.

                “Himchan, how can there be a wedding if the other groom isn’t here?” Youngjae complained.

                “Daehyun promised you he’d be back in time, didn’t he?”

                “Yeah… he did.”

                “Then have some faith,” Himchan grinned, “has he let you down before?”

                Youngjae thought back to all the promises Daehyun kept over the past 3 years. Eventually, he smiled, “Not once.”

                Himchan laughed, “Then don’t worry about it. There are so many more things that acquire your attention, like making sure the DJ plays the right songs tonight.”

                “I gave him a list.”

                Himchan scoffed, “You never know with those wannabes.”

                “Himchan, you aren’t helping.” Youngjae said dryly as they finally reached the door to Daehyun’s room.

                “Look, all I’m saying is that you should have—“

                They both stopped, stunned, in the hallway as they looked into the room.

                “How do I look?” Zelo asked as he looked himself over in the mirror. “I read in the books that white is a must.”

                “I’m going to kill him,” Youngjae whispered.

                “Zelo, why are you wearing a dress?” Himchan asked cautiously.

                “A bridal gown,” Youngjae specified.

                Zelo looked at them in confusion, “But the online sites said that the bride is supposed to wear a dress. We don’t have a bride though so I thought I’d hold the tradition since Youngjae doesn’t want to wear a dress.”

                “Himchan…”

                “I’m on it,” Himchan said, already dialing a number on his phone as he walked away. “Hi, I would like to rent a last minute tuxedo…”

                Youngjae sighed as he fell onto Daehyun’s bed.

                “I could have sworn this was okay for a wedding…” Zelo mumbled.

                “Where is Yongguk when I need him?” Youngjae wondered aloud, wanting someone to come take the naïve elf off his hands.

                “Did you forget? He went with Daehyun, Jongup, and the other werewolves so he could see this werewolf ritual in person,” Zelo smiled excitedly. “I wanted to see how a wedding came together though since we do them differently.”

                “Right…” Youngjae sighed as he looked at his tuxedo laying on Daehyun’s bed. He gently touched the fabric of his silver tuxedo and black button up shirt, something Himchan had fought him tooth and nail over. The fact that the two friends almost came to blows over the color and type of suit still annoyed Youngjae. In most cases he would have understood his friend’s reasoning and gone along with it, but not with this.

                “Is there a reason you are staring at it,” Youngjae heard the swish of Zelo’s trail gliding across the hardwood floor as he came to stand beside Youngjae to look at the tuxedo.

                “No reason,” Youngjae said quickly. “I’m going to change in the bathroom.”

                “Ok! I’ll go downstairs and—“

                “No no,” Youngjae said quickly, “you just stay here and…” He looked over Zelo’s off the shoulder dress decorated with rhinestones and shook his head, “wait here until Himchan comes back.”

                Zelo pouted, “I hate all this waiting.”

                “We don’t really have a choice,” Youngjae mumbled.

                He closed the door to Daehyun’s private bathroom and slumped against the sink. He lifted his head up so he could look at himself. ‘How did things get so out of hand… it was supposed to be Daehyun and I here deciding all this stuff. That’s how it was in the beginning. Stupid Alpha test.’

                As soon as the thought came to his mind, Youngjae felt guilty. Being recognized as the Alpha of the pack was something Daehyun had wanted the whole time Youngjae knew him. He hadn’t been worried during the fight amongst all the men his age who wanted to be Alpha, nor was he nervous when his leadership skills were questioned. This ceremony hadn’t scared Daehyun either, only excited him.

                Youngjae looked at himself again, he looked paler than usual, even though he had fed earlier in the afternoon. ‘I hope Daehyun gets here soon…’

                “Youngjae,” Himchan said as he knocked on the door, “You have guests here!”

                “I’ll be out in a minute,” Youngjae called.

                Himchan scoffed, “If you need help with your hair just say the word.”

                “I’m fine! Just make sure Zelo isn’t in a bride’s dress.”

                “Don’t worry about anything, Youngjae, I’m taking care of everything,” Himchan tried to reassure him.

                ‘Crap…’ Youngjae changed clothes as fast as he could. He styled his hair out of his face and applied some foundation to his face so he didn’t look the same color as the suit.

                He was out of the bathroom in no time, but by that time there was no one in Daehyun’s room. He let out a sigh of relief when he saw the wedding dress hanging off a chair. ‘At least that’s one problem taken care of.’

                Youngjae could hear the music and knew it was time he went downstairs to greet the guests. He was hesitating though. There weren’t many people he knew down there, hell the whole big wedding was Daehyun’s idea anyhow. The only friend Youngjae had down there was Himchan. It wasn’t easy to meet other vampires when you smell of werewolf and was known as a Master-killer.

                He shook those thoughts away, not letting annoying thoughts ruin his night. “You can do this, Youngjae.”

                Full of determination, Youngjae exited the room and walked downstairs. Immediately, Mrs. Jung was by his side and introducing him to people. He was relieved to have her by his side as he met all the important werewolves. There were a few hateful stares and of course awkward moments, but this was a wedding and everyone was respecting it.

                It seemed the motto with this wedding, and one many people kept saying was, ‘The past is in the past.’

                Youngjae had no idea how much time had passed as he worked his way around the house and backyard, with Ms. Jung directing him. Finally, he noticed she was pushing him up onto the stage and he looked at her in confusion.

                “What are you doing?” Youngjae glanced around, noticing everyone was taking their seats now that he was on the stage.

                “We have a wedding to hold!” She smiled.

                “But Daehyun…”

                “This is the time we said the wedding would start,” She replied.

                “How can I get married if he isn’t here?” Youngjae whispered.

                “Because—“

                She would have explained, but she noticed that Youngjae’s attention had left her. With a smile she went to her seat.

                “Ah, …” Youngjae gulped as he stared at Daehyun who was greeting people as he walked down the aisle. His fiancée was wearing a yellow jacket with black accents that matched his black shirt and pants. His natural smile and happy demeanor put a smile on Youngjae’s face and instantly made him relax.

                Daehyun was almost to the stage when he looked towards Youngjae. Their eyes caught and everything else disappeared. Daehyun’s eyes brightened and he picked up speed to reach Youngjae. As he made it up there, standing beside Youngjae, they both hadn’t taken their eyes off the other.

                “You’re late,” Youngjae teased.

                Daehyun chuckled, “I think after all the time you made me wait to even start dating you should give me a break.”

                “Will you never let me live that down?”

                Daehyun smiled, “Only if you marry me.”

                Youngjae laughed, “I think I can do that.”

                Holding hands, they faced Daehyun’s father, the one who was going to marry them. They gripped each other in death grips as if nervous something would happen and split them apart at the last minute. Youngjae wasn’t even paying attention to the words coming out of Mr. Jung’s mouth, instead looking at Daehyun.

                Their eyes caught and Youngjae knew Daehyun wasn’t able to pay attention to the words either. They were too absorbed in the moment, too caught up in the adrenaline and excitement that was making them smile widely. Their eyes were sending messages of love and promises of commitment back and forth between them. They were lost in their own happy world.

                It wasn’t until Mr. Jung nudged Daehyun’s arm that they realized it was time for their vows.

                Daehyun smiled sheepishly before clearing his throat, “Youngjae, we aren’t the most traditional of pairs—“

                “Far from it!” A voice in the back called. Small laughter broke out as the two grooms smiled embarrassed.

                “It’s true,” Daehyun continued, with a smile. “I doubt anyone would have thought a vampire and a werewolf would ever get married—much less two dudes, but here we are. You are my soulmate and I plan to treat you like the most important person on this Earth. I made a promise to you that I would love you even after death, and I’m here today to make that promise to you once again in front of all these people here. I promise to always be your sun, to protect you during the day and be by your side when you need me most.”

                “Now, Youngjae?” Mr. Jung said.

                Youngjae smiled. “Daehyun, do you know how annoying I thought you were when we first met? Always following me around and never letting me have peace—I thought you would drive me crazy, but then I realized once I finally accepted you and ignored all the things against us that being with you was what would bring me peace. You’ve changed my whole perspective on life and given me a reason to smile every day. If you are my sun during the day, then I’ll be your moon through the night, guiding you silently in the sky as you run through the forest.”

                “That’s why the mismatched suit colors,” Youngjae swore he heard Himchan say.

                He ignored him as he took out Daehyun’s ring from his pocket. He rubbed his finger along the inside of the ring and smiled at Daehyun.

                “I promise to always light your way in the dark, watching over you when you sleep, yet reliably staying by your side forever. Daehyun, will you accept me as your husband?”

                Daehyun smiled. “I’ve been waiting years to say this… yes, I do. I’ll be your Sun, if you’ll be my Moon.”

                Daehyun took a ring out of his pocket and showed it to Youngjae, “Youngjae, will you take me as your husband and the brightest star in your life?”

                Youngjae chuckled, “Yes, you cheeseball, I do.”

                They exchanged rings at the same time, Youngjae’s inscribed with a sun on the inside and Daehyun’s with a moon. The simple white gold rings meant a lot to the both of them. Once the ring was completely on Youngjae’s finger he had to hold back his tears. In this moment, Daehyun and he were now officially married and partners for life.

                “You may now kiss.”

                The crowd exploded into cheers and claps as Youngjae and Daehyun kissed for the first time as a wedded couple. Their fingers were interlaced, the feeling of wearing the rings and feeling it on the other was a new sensation, but now something Youngjae never wanted to be without. Their kiss was tender, both showing their immense caring and devotion in the tradition gesture.

                They pulled apart and the crowd picked up volume again. The music started again and they began to walk down the aisle.

                “I love you, Daehyun,” Youngjae said as they waved at guests.

                Daehyun chuckled, “And I love you.”

                “Forever.”

                “Forever and even after that.”


a/n: THE END ^_^ ugh it's so hard to let this story go...

so much potential hahah

anyhow, I hope you liked it

 

Thanks for reading everyone~~